• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Matrix Audio X-SABRE 3 DAC/Streamer Official Thread

blodsbror

@enricoclaudio
I was just wondering two things about it's functionality:

1. Does it support automatic input switching, when audio is played via optical/coax/USB etc ?
2. In regards to Spotify connect - if the volume on the unit is set to a particular level (lets just say 30%), and a spotify stream is started (from a phone for example) where the volume slider is at 100%, will the volume output of the unit override the apps volume ?

I usually prefer seperate streamers, to combined streamers/preamps - to avoid potentially setting volume to 100% by an app. But it really depends on the implementation.
Hegel amplifiers have a great implementation, where the amplifiers volume will always take precedence and override the apps volume, when a stream is started.

Thanks!

officialsm

@MatrixAudio I0m experiencing this issue:
X-Sabre 3 connected through wifi using DNLA streaming service. In a first moment for each song starting there 1-2 seconds of break outage, something like if connection was freezing. After 1-2 seconds of this interrumption become to plays correctly. Tried with ethernet cable without issue.
So i change channel for wifi and increased 5Ghz bandwidth from 40 to 120 Mhz. After that it was more stable but something i was experiencing the same issue.
Previously i was using a Raspberry 4 with Moode Audio without having this issue.

Could be a bug about caching or something else? COuld you help me to investigate and fix?

I made up some video to describe issue. Make attention to first seconds of each songs starting.
Here videos:

Oppo

Hi, I am a new member to this forum and a new owner of the Matrix X-Sabre 3. So far I am very happy with sound quality but I have found a small glitch. The unit turns itself on at random times. I am very sure that it is fully and correctly off after each listening session but some hours later it on again and NOT PLAYING displayed. I have installed the latest software update. Has anyone else experienced this?

OP
enricoclaudio

enricoclaudio

Major Contributor
Audio Company
Hi, I am a new member to this forum and a new owner of the Matrix X-Sabre 3. So far I am very happy with sound quality but I have found a small glitch. The unit turns itself on at random times. I am very sure that it is fully and correctly off after each listening session but some hours later it on again and NOT PLAYING displayed. I have installed the latest software update. Has anyone else experienced this?

What streaming service you do use (TIDAL, Spotify, Roon, etc)? Sometimes, streaming services could trigger the X-SABRE 3 to turn ON accidentally. I use mine exclusively with Roon but I remember having a similar issue with Spotify and the X-SABRE 3. If no streaming services are used, then you should contact @MatrixAudio and report the issue.

Oppo

What streaming service you do use (TIDAL, Spotify, Roon, etc)? Sometimes, streaming services could trigger the X-SABRE 3 to turn ON accidentally. I use mine exclusively with Roon but I remember having a similar issue with Spotify and the X-SABRE 3. If no streaming services are used, then you should contact @MatrixAudio and report the issue.
I use Spotify, thanks for the comment. I suspect that if I initiate Spotify on any one of my devices it could activate the matrix. I will check this out. Thank you

Goodfellas27

Does anyone have a favorite filter? Also, anyone using x-sabre 3 with a preamp like Topping?

Goodfellas27

I saw there is firmware versione 1.0.1 available: https://www.matrix-digi.com/news/355
Seems not fixing issue i described here, otherwise will works worst on wifi @MatrixAudio
Have you tried Ethernet..I haven't experienced that yet.
Ethernet works as well.
But i bought 3K dac/streamer with full wifi functions.
I think it could be QoS setting with your router and not the stream.
I didn't know your WiFi router model, but look for "QoS" setting in its configuration. By entering the Sabre's MAC address will give signal priority the steamer.

MatrixAudio

Audio Company

applebees

I made up some video to describe issue. Make attention to first seconds of each songs starting.
Here videos:
I hit exact the same issue before. It's not due to the wifi settings as I requested for an exchange and the replacement unit works perfectly. I believed it's somewhat related to hardware defective.

VintageFlanker

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
Folks,

I just got this for measuring...
PXL_20220825_193112233_2.jpg

Stay tuned.;)

Doodski

Grand Contributor
Forum Donor
Don't know what it is but I gave it a like because it's packaged so nicely.

VintageFlanker

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
Any updates on the timeline?
Any... What?:p

Sorry, to be honest, I didn't even start measuring, lack of personnal time to do so. I will capture all my data by the end of the week. With pictures + writing, don't expect to see the review online until north side of next week.

amirsamsudin

Hi all, it's my 1st post here. Updated firmware version 1.0.1 a few days ago, and now Tidal Connect has stopped working.. ☹☹☹

Note: Have been using wi-fi all this while. Have followed Tidal instructions in clearing cache, etc. Spotify Connect still works fine. Tidal interface on my phone works fine, but nothing happens when selecting my MA XS3, even though it is recognised on the network..

Suggestions welcome..

amirsamsudin

Btw, I also get the crackly noise at the start of most songs. Accepted the fact that it is due to my wifi connection (as I can't get wired connection to my unit)

Goodfellas27

Hi all, it's my 1st post here. Updated firmware version 1.0.1 a few days ago, and now Tidal Connect has stopped working.. ☹☹☹

Note: Have been using wi-fi all this while. Have followed Tidal instructions in clearing cache, etc. Spotify Connect still works fine. Tidal interface on my phone works fine, but nothing happens when selecting my MA XS3, even though it is recognised on the network..

Suggestions welcome..
Reinstall the Tidal App on your phone. It's not the best app

Top Bottom