• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Matrix Audio X-SABRE 3 DAC/Streamer Official Thread

TSullivanM

Ok I have done some heavy troubleshooting now, which included completely reinstalling Windows for example and now im stuck with some serious problems on this brand new device. I hope its user error on my part.
Everything is installed fine and when I boot up the computer and turn the X-sabre on everything works fine, I can watch youtube for hours if I want to but the trouble starts when im switching apps. If I play a movie clip or music file from the hard drive everything suddenly drops. The computer still shows everything as working its just that there is no sound. And this seems to come when switching programs. If I stick to one and the same everything works but when I switch I need to reboot both the computer and the X-sabre for everything to start working again.

SirraH77

Ok I have done some heavy troubleshooting now, which included completely reinstalling Windows for example and now im stuck with some serious problems on this brand new device. I hope its user error on my part.
Everything is installed fine and when I boot up the computer and turn the X-sabre on everything works fine, I can watch youtube for hours if I want to but the trouble starts when im switching apps. If I play a movie clip or music file from the hard drive everything suddenly drops. The computer still shows everything as working its just that there is no sound. And this seems to come when switching programs. If I stick to one and the same everything works but when I switch I need to reboot both the computer and the X-sabre for everything to start working again.

Have you tried changing exclusive mode setting from your audio device properties?

(the picture is just from my laptop speaker settings, but all audio devices should have those settings)
1707764230954.png

Top Bottom