• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Furutech NCF Clear Line Review (AC Optimizer)

Rate this product:

• 1. Waste of money (piggy bank panther)

Votes: 270 96.4%
  • 2. Not terrible (postman panther)

Votes: 1 0.4%
  • 3. Fine (happy panther)

Votes: 2 0.7%
  • 4. Great (golfing panther)

Votes: 7 2.5%

• Total voters

ex audiophile

Addicted to Fun and Learning
Forum Donor
Clearly this is a device that should be referred to the Ministry of Truth, err... Dept of Misinformation, err... Disinformation, oh whatever

newaudioguy77

Wow! Of all companies Furutech pushing this fake product. (I have one of their 6.3mm adapters) and it has great build quality.

anphex

Forum Donor

Garrincha

What is the biggest deception for me is that the company is japanese. They are usually known for accuracy and honesty. No offense, but if it would have been an american company I wouldn´t have been surprised the least (Audioquest, Nordost, PS Audio,....).

pma

Major Contributor
There are and always will be customers who would want to buy audio voodoo products like this one. They have no interest to attend ASR or to care about recommendations here. It is the fight with windmills and it would make more sense to test serious products rather than this sort of nonsense.

Garrincha

There are and always will be customers who would want to buy audio voodoo products like this one. They have no interest to attend ASR or to care about recommendations here. It is the fight with windmills and it would make more sense to test serious products rather than this sort of nonsense.
Yes and no. For sure there are many devices I would like to have tested, especially those I already posses and the ones I am pondering in buying. But an the other hand, it is always good to know that snakeoil is just snakeoil, a defense against the crazyness of the world.

Spkrdctr

Major Contributor
Amir, I have to sadly say you blew your rating. This was the one time in the last 6 months you could have used the "Junk" rating. I have been waiting for another Junk review. Please consider using the Junk rating as you have used it before. It says it all in one word. JUNK! :)

Prana Ferox

At first I wanted to give meager defense to this as... maybe... those coils act as inductors to provide some semblance of low-pass effect... but then I read the later gibberish about tone crystals and gave up. Now my major question is:

If you were to end up with a counterfeit product, would it be a Fauxrutech, or a Furuteplica?

Garrincha

I didn't know why you said "embarassingly" - now I know :facepalm: The buyers of this should have to pay the German "Kirchensteuer" IMHO...
Well, they probably do. If you do not opt out actively, you have to pay by default.

Mart68

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
But what about all the people who have not made up their minds? If they only see people saying that it is a 'No brainer' to buy it why should they think otherwise? At least with this review available on the internet they have a chance to become properly informed.

anphex

Forum Donor
You might want to have a look here: https://steinmusic.com/category-room-acoustics/ (embarrasingly this company is like me german). Surf around this site, it´s amazing!
I use to browse those manufacturer sites for fun and giggles. While skimming through the list of their +10k € power amps in the attempt to find any reasonable technical data I found this priceless line at the bottom of a """spec sheet""":

Sound optimization on the quantum physical level
(https://steinmusicstore.de/shop/wp-content/uploads/2018/08/Info-High-Line-Power.pdf)

I am tempted to write them for an explanation of those advanced advanced sound optimizations.

pma

Major Contributor
But an the other hand, it is always good to know that snakeoil is just snakeoil, a defense against the crazyness of the world.
Yes, but I would expect that this fact is obvious even without the review. It should be, because it would be time consuming and probably ridiculous to fight against every snakeoil product by a review. I know much more effective way - education or self-education. Nothing else helps, without education one remains in the trap of beliefs, should it be this or that.

Top Bottom