• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Furutech NCF Clear Line Review (AC Optimizer)

Rate this product:

• 1. Waste of money (piggy bank panther)

Votes: 270 96.4%
  • 2. Not terrible (postman panther)

Votes: 1 0.4%
  • 3. Fine (happy panther)

Votes: 2 0.7%
  • 4. Great (golfing panther)

Votes: 7 2.5%

• Total voters

respice finem

Major Contributor
Yes, but, for the absolute "rookie" such a test can be a warning shot like "the more audiophile lyrics, the more cautious you should be".
None of us was born with any knowledge.

Dmitri

Forum Donor
But what about all the people who have not made up their minds? If they only see people saying that it is a 'No brainer' to buy it why should they think otherwise? At least with this review available on the internet they have a chance to become properly informed.

Purchasing this is a “no brainer.”

On the other hand, I have to agree with the above. If Amirm and ASR doesn’t speak to the truth than nobody does. Then again, not sure I care too much about the fool and theIr parted money either.

How anyone can fall for this nonsense, with or without any scientific background, is completely beyond me.

antcollinet

Master Contributor
Forum Donor
They are all kidding, or I'm in the wrong universe.
See - I don't even know if you are serious here. Emoticons are up there on the tool bar for a reason people.

:cool:

Hart

It's apparent you did not bleed the Spitzer valve before using, you also need to empty out the backdoor cache as it come full from the factory from an intense testing regime. Next time read the instructions.

Dr. Furutech

antcollinet

Master Contributor
Forum Donor
At first I wanted to give meager defense to this as... maybe... those coils act as inductors to provide some semblance of low-pass effect... but then I read the later gibberish about tone crystals and gave up. Now my major question is:

If you were to end up with a counterfeit product, would it be a Fauxrutech, or a Furuteplica?
They are not inductors if they are only connected at one end. They do (and can only do) absolutely nothing.

pseudoid

Master Contributor
Forum Donor
Uze Guyz are all making fun of me because I still have my 'termite busters' plugged-into the wall, in 2 spots around the house.
You see? These termite busters 'supposed' to send some sort of random RF pulses into the MAINS wiring inside the house that "supposed' to give the termites heart-attacks or cancer.:rolleyes:
I dunno but when the last termite inspection happened a few years ago, I was told that termite damage looks to be nil! I don't want to decommission those two termite busters as I am afraid of doom.
Unless, of course, @amirm wants to test them but I will not provide the termite supply.

Could there be some ferrite or some type of magic absorbing material on the terminals of that AC optimizer?
If they added some in, then, maybe (just maybe), it will be a wee-bit less placebo but still a placebo!

OP
amirm

amirm

Founder/Admin
Staff Member
CFO (Chief Fun Officer)
My motivation for buying it was that people asked for it so I assumed there was interest. And the fact that it was "cheap." Had I realized there was no circuit in there, then I might not have. It did not occur to me that they would sell something like this.

But yes, for the first time, I am considering returning an item to Amazon that I have tested. No question I was fooled into thinking it was something else. This is the Amazon headline for it:

1651525550138.png

It leads just about anyone into thinking it is a noise filter.

OP
amirm

amirm

Founder/Admin
Staff Member
CFO (Chief Fun Officer)
What is the biggest deception for me is that the company is japanese. They are usually known for accuracy and honesty. No offense, but if it would have been an american company I wouldn´t have been surprised the least (Audioquest, Nordost, PS Audio,....).
My brain went to the same place as well. No question American companies dominate in this voodoo tweak space.

antcollinet

Master Contributor
Forum Donor
Could there be some ferrite or some type of magic absorbing material on the terminals of that AC optimizer?
If they added some in, then, maybe (just maybe), it will be a wee-bit less placebo but still a placebo!

No. There is no circuit of any type between the terminals. Without some form of current flow, there can be no filtering. It doesn't matter what exotic materials you glue to the terminals, it is no different than crystals placed onto cables. Worse in fact : at least there is current flowing underneath the crystals.

BadAudioAdvice

My brain went to the same place as well. No question American companies dominate in this voodoo tweak space.
Its seems like Furutech's products are mostly snake-oil, however they do seem to have a legit product (based on what seems like a thorough test with the appropriate tools), their anti-static puck.

Top Bottom