• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Tice TPT Enhanced Line Conditioner Review

Rate this power conditioner

• 1. Waste of money (piggy bank panther)

Votes: 224 94.1%
  • 2. Not terrible (postman panther)

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • 3. Fine (happy panther)

Votes: 2 0.8%
  • 4. Great (golfing panther)

Votes: 12 5.0%

• Total voters

Sal1950

Grand Contributor
The Chicago Crusher
Forum Donor
If I am not mistaken; the current generation(s) blame ALL of the ILLs of our society to the ALL previous generations... :confused: ... rather than giving their parents kudos.
In general that's true, at least till they get older themselves and see things more clearly.
In my younger years I didn't have an appreciation for the "greatest generations" trials and accomplishments.
Now I see not only the hardships they endured, but what a wonderful world they made of it for us.
And I'm quite ashamed of what a mess my "boomer" generation has made of it. :facepalm:

pseudoid

Master Contributor
Forum Donor
Sharpies are at least useful; Tice, not so much.
I was just smack-talking when I referenced the "Sharpies"; only because @Sal1950 made the [valid] point about:
Another famous scam that was around for at least as long was CD Stoplight. The green marker pen you colored the edge of you optical discs with and made the waters part in sound quality.
During the early days of CD-Recordables; there were two different formulations for them. In bulk spindles (25/50/100 each), the cheap variety cost about $1.00USD and the 'gold' versions were going for about $2.50/ea.
A very early HP CD-burner ($850USD@1X speed) for PCs had issues playing back recordings it made when using the cheaper CDRs.
I don't know what kind of Kool-Aid we were drinking in that era but we certainly noticed that the cheaper-CDRs played better when we used Sharpies to block 'scattering light from the edge of the CDs.
We had even done a test -- where we burned music on 3 of the same cheap-CDRs -- I think it was FleetwodMac/Rumors album.
Using 3 different color (Red/Blue/Black) Sharpies, our testing [for some reason] showed us that the color BLUE Sharpie'd edge of one CDR had less problems tracking and being able to read the disc. :oops:
We shrugged it off (as to why and as inconclusive) since within the next 6 months the CD recordable/burner markets had matured enough that the HP burner was replaced by a SCSI version at 8X-speed and for under $300.
NO! We never bought that "CD Spotlight" solution but we may still have been tightwad-audiophools thinking BLUE Sharpies as our temporary savior.

mr.at

musicforcities

Despite the use of dovetails on the sides, this is a very cheap looking box.
The failure here is in the wood used. Obviously, audio characteristics are entirely dependent of the species of of rare Amazon or African rainforest wood harvested by indigenous virgins. For example, rosewood would make the sound warm, while zebrawood will accentuate time coherence. The virgin harvesters are crucial; and that they only harvest during their menses goes without saying.

pseudoid

Master Contributor
Forum Donor
The failure here is in the wood used. Obviously, audio characteristics are entirely dependent of the species of of rare Amazon or African rainforest wood harvested by indigenous virgins. For example, rosewood would make the sound warm, while zebrawood will accentuate time coherence. The virgin harvesters are crucial; and that they only harvest during their menses goes without saying.
I am totally confused:
Who is harvesting whom?
And, what all that got to do with the price of rice in China?:oops:

pseudoid

Master Contributor
Forum Donor
I almost reported post#152 by @mhardy6647, as he - once again - is forcing readers/members to look-up for references more than ONCE (=limit) per each of his replies!
#1)Tice [??]
#2)quark-gluon soup [recipe please]
#3)FTFY [same to you!]
I just gave him a yellow card!

fpitas

Master Contributor
Forum Donor
I almost reported post#152 by @mhardy6647, as he - once again - is forcing readers/members to look-up for references more than ONCE (=limit) per each of his replies!
#1)Tice [??]
#3)FTFY [same to you!]
Right? It's as bad as forcing us to understand math and science. I'm off to read other audio forums to wipe away any trace of intellect.

mhardy6647

Grand Contributor
Now... please... y'all don't take this the wrong way... but:
I would've bet money that every single member* of this august forum would know more about the quark-gluon soup (or quark-gluon plasma) than do I.

EDIT: Come to think of it: maybe if I'd have typed quark-gluon plasma instead of quark-gluon soup, @pseudoid be all like: "Yeah, that stuff!"

;):p:cool:

DonR

Major Contributor
Now... please... y'all don't take this the wrong way... but:
I would've bet money that every single member* of this august forum would know more about the quark-gluon soup (or quark-gluon plasma) than do I.

EDIT: Come to think of it: maybe if I'd have typed quark-gluon plasma instead of quark-gluon soup, @pseudoid be all like: "Yeah, that stuff!"

;):p:cool:

pseudoid

Master Contributor
Forum Donor
#1)Tice [??]
#3)FTFY [same to you!]
@mhardy6647; You still have not explained:
#1) What Tice got to do with price of rice in China
#2) I thought you meant gluten and I was simply asking for the soup-recipe
#3) The 2 "F" letters in your FTFY sounded suspiciously... suspicious!

roog

Forum Donor
A fool and his money soon part ways.
Ah, but as many an audiophile will tell you,” trust your ears” and their ears and brain tell them that it makes a difference for the better. Hopefully a percentage reading this thread will start to question but I fear that many want to believe.

roog

Forum Donor
I remember our R&D group dissolved a couple of our competitors ‘gooped’ electronics products in buckets of volatile liquids to see how they had resolved ‘the challenges’ . It was fun trying to figure out what the circuit had been, as the solvents dissolved almost all of the components as well as the goop Leaving us to reverse engineer everything from the remaining metal component legs sticking up out of what was left of the pcbs!

In most cases we found that they hadn’t fixed the issues they had just found different work-arounds!

I think we could guess what we might find inside the ‘Tice-goop’ probably not worth the cost of the solvent to find out.

mr.at

Ah, but as many an audiophile will tell you,” trust your ears” and their ears and brain tell them that it makes a difference for the better. Hopefully a percentage reading this thread will start to question but I fear that many want to believe.
One word. Placebo.

Top Bottom