• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Tice Power Conductor 2 Vintage AC Cable Review

Rate this AC cable:

• 1. Waste of money (piggy bank panther)

Votes: 192 95.5%
  • 2. Not terrible (postman panther)

Votes: 2 1.0%
  • 3. Fine (happy panther)

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • 4. Great (golfing panther)

Votes: 7 3.5%

• Total voters

musicforcities

^^^
In the industry it’s called cable loom. To hold cables inside.

I use it as an handle way to tidy up or double insulate wiring…

It’s not industry standard cable loom…it obviously is made out of special audio grade PVC that has been cryogenically treated before an anti-static coating is applied. The mistake they made though was not adding a AA battery with the positive terminal only connected directly to this cover in order to maintain its molecular resistance to vibrations.

fpitas

Master Contributor
Forum Donor
Lots of good psuedo-scientific suggestions here. I hope the snake oil creators are taking notes.

CleanSound

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
I beg of you, no more beating on a dead horse. We know there never was any kind of cable that made any difference, there isn't one now and there never will be one in the future.

No more cable reviews, unless you take pleasure and satisfaction beating these snake oil salesmen, which I can totally relate. :D

antcollinet

Master Contributor
Forum Donor
I beg of you, no more beating on a dead horse. We know there never was any kind of cable that made any difference, there isn't one now and there never will be one in the future.

No more cable reviews, unless you take pleasure and satisfaction beating these snake oil salesmen, which I can totally relate. :D
Please refer to @amirm s repeated statements as to why he continues to test cables. It is not up to you (or me) to tell him what to spend his time testing.

Last edited:

antcollinet

Master Contributor
Forum Donor
It was a rhetoric joke. There was even a smiley face.
It's not clear that the first line is part of your joke

But even if so, I find it disrespectful of the efforts put in by our host. Even as a joke (perhaps particularly as a joke) it devalues those efforts.

CleanSound

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
It's not clear that the first line is part of your joke

But even if so, I find it disrespectful of the efforts put in by our host. Even as a joke (perhaps particularly as a joke) it devalues those efforts.
Stuff like this is why some people call ASR a cult and Amir the cult leader. :facepalm:

JSmith

Master Contributor
Now who's beating a dead horse? ;)

Let-It-Go.gif

JSmith

CleanSound

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
Now who's beating a dead horse? ;)

Let-It-Go.gif

JSmith
If I replied to your reply of "now who's beating on a dead horse" with "and now look at who's really the one beating on a dead horse."

. . .will you reply back and say "ah ha, you're the real one beating on a dead horse?" And if so, should I reply to your possible reply saying "I caught you for beating on a dead horse!"

At what point who will get the credit of truly being the one beating on the dead horse?

Is this philosophical conodrum in itself considered beating on a dead horse?

The mysteries of life. . .and dead horse beating.

JSmith

Master Contributor
If I replied to your reply of "now who's beating on a dead horse" with "and now look at who's really the one beating on a dead horse."
Well I certainly hope you're alive anyway... I'm certainly not beating you. :p
Is this philosophical conodrum
Sounds like that teapot that keeps orbiting.

JSmith

antcollinet

Master Contributor
Forum Donor
Stuff like this is why some people call ASR a cult and Amir the cult leader. :facepalm:
It's simply tiresome. There are multiple such posts on every cable review thread.

Not only tiresome, - when ignoring the stated reasons for the reviews, it is just plain rude. Nothing cultish about disliking rudeness. I've said similar when the targets are people other than Amir.

roog

Forum Donor
I have mixed feeling about the site vibe. I see the occasional testing of products of dubious merit as being a useful reminder to new visitors of the risks of being drawn in by marketing.

For the most part the main purpose of this place is to test stuff and inform, something which I feel does a great service to anyone who is prepared to listen and learn, it is a fantastic resource. I suspect that it is the sometimes overzealous reactions by some members to products which 'test poorly' or which are shown to have no audio merit which give the site a 'cult like feeding frenzy' reputation. I have heard this said elsewhere and it made me feel sad.

'Educate and improve' that's what we need to do. After all no one likes to have their face rubbed in it and you don't make friends by doing it..

Last edited:

beefkabob

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
Easy there, children might be listening!
I like how you cut out the bits about magic and god.
I have mixed feeling about the site vibe. I see the occasional testing of products of dubious merit as being a useful reminder to new visitors of the risks of being drawn in by marketing.

For the most part the main purpose of this place is to test stuff and inform, something which I feel does a great service to anyone who is prepared to listen and learn, it is a fantastic resource. I suspect that it is the sometimes overzealous reactions by some members to products which 'test poorly' or which are shown to have no audio merit which give the site a 'cult like feeding frenzy' reputation. I have heard this said elsewhere and it made me feel sad.

'Educate and improve' that's what we need to do. After all no one likes to have their face rubbed in it and you don't make friends by doing it..
It's an online forum. Feelings will be hurt. Tone will vary. The evidence is still here and the discussions are fine. If you only want bullshit that makes you feel good about yourself, there's always reddit.

I'm of the feeling that charlatans should be buried up to their necks then stoned to death.

How was that for tone? :)

roog

Forum Donor
I like how you cut out the bits about magic and god.

Magic, you may have a point, but God, I don't talk to kids about God until they get to an age when my influence might be seen by schools as healthy debate rather than them being difficult!

Christmas and bunnies seemed easier at the time :0)

As for 'Tone', you will probably have guessed my thoughts: "a bit brutal" I think of it like dealing poor drivers, when they do something right you have to rush to pat them on the head so that they might associate their behavior with good! :0)

quattro98

Forum Donor
While I have no doubt that this power cord does nothing to the sound, to be accurate you would have to do some double blind listening tests with a panel of people to show that it doesn't create an audible difference.

While we all know that these measurements surely show this cable has no effect, the measurements alone do not prove there is no audible difference, strictly speaking. As always I advocate for statistics from blind listening tests to be able to prove to subjectivists that their tweaks ( cables, power conditioners, isolating blocks, etc ) actually have no audible effect, and that anything that listeners "hear" in sighted tests is pure placebo.

Such a blind test isn't really necessary with junk like this thing, but I would really like to see such listening tests performed with cables, power conditioners, ethernet switches, etc.
This isn't how DBT is received in the audiophile world. DBT is summarily dismissed as an artificial construct which obscures the otherwise obvious differences (usually improvements) in sound.

This cable is interesting in that the switches are genius in terms of directly setting confirmation bias.

As for the coat hangers mentioned in this thread, please leave those for speaker cables and not AC, it's preferable to short your amp rather than yourself. Tamper resistant receptacles should be mandatory equipment in audiophile households.

Last edited:
G

GoneToPlaid

So when something presses too hard on the switches and if either cord going into the switch box gets a strong yank (think of your dog chewing on this cheap switch box), thereby busting out the switch components inside the box, three things can potentially happen. 1. The switch breadboards move and come into contact with one or more of the bolts which hold the switches in place, creating a live electrical connection on the top side of the bolts for the switch on the outside of the box. Potentially, two bolt heads could be live, and the other two bolt heads could be neutral. And if you use both hands to grasp the switch box with each hand touching the wrong bolt heads, then you send 120 VAC through your chest. 2. The internal switch sliders fall out, bounce around, and either short the hot and neutral connections and start a fire since the metal traces on the punched out breadboards are also exposed for potential contact. 3. A combination of 1 and 2.

Looking at the internals with the back cover removed, I bet the the back plate is a metal sheet. If so, you all can expand in my failure and hazard scenarios. There is no way in Hades that I would use this device.

Top Bottom