• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Nordost Blue Heaven AC Cord Review

Rate this power cord

• 1. Waste of money (piggy bank panther)

Votes: 320 95.2%
  • 2. Not terrible (postman panther)

Votes: 3 0.9%
  • 3. Fine (happy panther)

Votes: 4 1.2%
  • 4. Great (golfing panther)

Votes: 9 2.7%

• Total voters

Purité Audio

Master Contributor
Industry Insider
Barrowmaster
Forum Donor
I remember visiting a potential customer who had cables filled with lead shot, they were so inflexible one could not twist them, which meant that components connected to them were lifted by the cable or tore the xlr connectors clean out, he had a body builder friend who would come over as required and twist a cable into a new position.
I took a dac over to him that despite really gainfully trying I just could not connect to his system and he wouldn’t let me use an ‘ordinary ‘cable, madness absolute madness.

Keith

CedarX

Addicted to Fun and Learning
Forum Donor
Before I discovered ASR and saw (heard) the great light I bought some fancy red copper power cords from a maker in California. To make matters worse, my wife ridiculed them mercilessly, calling them “big eels.” They were huge in diameter, not very flexible, and not easy to use. But I had read all the nonsense and was a believer. I recently sold all four of them in less than 12 hours, and replaced them with standard cords. I don’t hear the slightest difference. That’s the end of that nonsense.
I haven’t bought fancy power cords, but I did buy (relatively) expensive speaker cables, thinking: “not sure it’ll make a difference…. but can’t hurt, can it? …. so let maximize the chances of hitting the best sound….”
Now I see all these companies making unsustained, hyperbolic, claims about their audio stuff as… predators !!!
I even question the ones that are ‘just’ targeting good quality cables: that’s how much damage the predators have done.

egellings

Major Contributor
I do the equivalent of flipping the bird to the audiophool cable companies by bragging about my 16-gauge zip cord speaker wires.

fpitas

Master Contributor
Forum Donor
I do the equivalent of flipping the bird to the audiophool cable companies by bragging about my 16-gauge zip cord speaker wires.
Sure, but we're the pariahs of the audio scene. Audiophiles probably take notes on our recommendations and do the opposite.

egellings

Major Contributor
Sure, but we're the pariahs of the audio scene. Audiophiles probably take notes on our recommendations and do the opposite.
I get away with the bare bones wiring because no one I know is into audio at all, so they would not be aware of how politically incorrect such conductor goings-on are.

MoreWatts

Addicted to Fun and Learning
Forum Donor
There are Audiogon forum posters that declare this whenever ASR is mentioned. I no longer peruse that forum. :facepalm:

aslan7

I haven’t bought fancy power cords, but I did buy (relatively) expensive speaker cables, thinking: “not sure it’ll make a difference…. but can’t hurt, can it? …. so let maximize the chances of hitting the best sound….”
Now I see all these companies making unsustained, hyperbolic, claims about their audio stuff as… predators !!!
I even question the ones that are ‘just’ targeting good quality cables: that’s how much damage the predators have done.
I also sold my overpriced, overhyped speaker cables, the ones with the arrows to let you know which direction they should supposedly face. The bananas were far too tight and a real nuisance. Now I have the normal Belden cables at one quarter the price with adjustable bananas and there is zero sound difference; the new cables are much easier to use. I further got rid of the fancy RCA interconnects and replaced them with XLRs. The fancy ones smelled awful, a very noticeable plastic odor. Good riddance to the lot.

fpitas

Master Contributor
Forum Donor

fpitas

Master Contributor
Forum Donor
they would not be aware of how politically incorrect such conductor goings-on are.
What's important is that the electrons don't catch on.

egellings

Major Contributor
What's important is that the electrons don't catch on.
Problem with electrons, though is their numbers. There's just too many to keep track of at any instant. I'd have trouble pulling the wool over the eyes of all of them.

fpitas

Master Contributor
Forum Donor
Problem with electrons, though is their numbers. There's just too many to keep track of at any instant. I'd have trouble pulling the wool over the eyes of all of them.
Well you can fool most of the electrons all of the time...

roog

Forum Donor
There are Audiogon forum posters that declare this whenever ASR is mentioned. I no longer peruse that forum. :facepalm:
The vitriol I see on other forums about this site is quite astonishing.

My usual response is “ASR just test stuff, why does this upset you so much?”

voodooless

Grand Contributor
Forum Donor
My usual response is “ASR just test stuff, why does this upset you so much?”
file.jpg

egellings

Major Contributor
The snake oil pubs probably reply "Don't get testy with me!", hey?

Descartes

Major Contributor
I find interesting that Gene from Audioholic who is usually very good about calling snake oil was promoting Kimber Kable?

What’s up with that?

fpitas

Master Contributor
Forum Donor
Hello, I'm sorry but your measurements are worthless... have you listened to the differences yourself ? Yet they are important ! you don't have ears and that's a shame... look at the opinions of people who notice the differences ! buy cables, compare and return if you don't like it ! the cable also improves with break-in, but we're not going to go too far... even brand new there's already a difference
Uh huh, Break-in is the icing on the cake.

HarmonicTHD

Major Contributor
Hello, I'm sorry but your measurements are worthless... have you listened to the differences yourself ? Yet they are important ! you don't have ears and that's a shame... look at the opinions of people who notice the differences ! buy cables, compare and return if you don't like it ! the cable also improves with break-in, but we're not going to go too far... even brand new there's already a difference
So you joined and in your first post you tell us how it’s done? Care to explain why you think that there are differences? Or do we have to take your word for it?

fpitas

Master Contributor
Forum Donor
So you joined and in your first post you tell us how it’s done? Care to explain why you think that there are differences? Or do we have to take your word for it?
Since it happens that way frequently, we must be missing something. Some X factor.

/;)

Last edited:
Top Bottom