• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Tice Power Conductor 2 Vintage AC Cable Review

Rate this AC cable:

• 1. Waste of money (piggy bank panther)

Votes: 192 95.5%
  • 2. Not terrible (postman panther)

Votes: 2 1.0%
  • 3. Fine (happy panther)

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • 4. Great (golfing panther)

Votes: 7 3.5%

• Total voters
OP
amirm

amirm

Founder/Admin
Staff Member
CFO (Chief Fun Officer)
Something tells me this wouldn't pass safety code.
You can say that again. High voltage being brought just under those two cheap looking switches....

wwenze

Major Contributor
I'm now tempted to send @amirm a metal coat hanger to test
He's done that

i-pCHLdNw.png

Endibol

Forum Donor
Cannot believe the sloppiness of Amir's testing here. No where does he test the TPT or Tice Pulse Treatment. It changed electron flow. We don't know if it is permanent or not. Probably was not, and probably why Tice is no longer. So sure, now it seems like it does nothing. What about when it was new and one switch engaged a wire with TPT to smooth electron flow in one direction and another smoothed things in the other direction. Could have made great differences when it was freshly TPT treated. Tice always warned people not to place the key part near magnetic fields like on top of or near big power amps with big power supplies. Devil is in the details. Don't let an overly simple test like this ruin your enjoyment of music enhanced by a device like this. This device probably has lesser effects due to age and the treatment being worn away by exposure to magnetic fields. Maybe I should do a patent search on the device used in TPT treatment. It would have expired now, and everyone could make or improve upon that idea. You got to BELIEVE......the TRUTH is OUT THERE!
:)

...I often had Amir’s reviews come up as the first result when looking up reviews and sometimes for cables as well, and it did dissuade me at times. I’m thankful they exist and I certainly think we would be worse off without ASR.
My sentiments precisely, and I had a similar experience. I didn't buy into the cable-oil stuff, but I was seriously looking at spending some major cash on tubes and such. I'm grateful for Amir's reviews and the discussions here for helping me make more informed decisions!

Last edited:

fpitas

Master Contributor
Forum Donor
I'm picturing an audiophile back in the 90s going back and forth from A to B, to both on, then both off, then all the other combos, with the Diana Krall CD on repeat whilst the wife notices the changes from the next room.
Sometimes you have to make sacrifices in the pursuit of science :facepalm:

fpitas

Master Contributor
Forum Donor
I wonder about the provenance of the "great" votes on this crap.
This being the internet, I have to suspect trollery.

calugg

Forum Donor
it's no need for a listening test when there is no measurable difference if the signal is the same it's sounds the same .

Of some one claims otherwise , it really is audio homeopathy :) maybe the electrons remember traveling trough the inferior cable vs the good cable .. :p
Audio homeopathy!! LOLOLOLOL! Thank you for putting coffee out my nose this AM.

beefkabob

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
While I have no doubt that this power cord does nothing to the sound, to be accurate you would have to do some double blind listening tests with a panel of people to show that it doesn't create an audible difference.

While we all know that these measurements surely show this cable has no effect, the measurements alone do not prove there is no audible difference, strictly speaking. As always I advocate for statistics from blind listening tests to be able to prove to subjectivists that their tweaks ( cables, power conditioners, isolating blocks, etc ) actually have no audible effect, and that anything that listeners "hear" in sighted tests is pure placebo.

Such a blind test isn't really necessary with junk like this thing, but I would really like to see such listening tests performed with cables, power conditioners, ethernet switches, etc.
Actually, he does prove that there is no audible difference. The logic, which is perfectly sound, is that if all variables maintain the same values then the end result is the same. You're essentially demanding that, for every product tested, the scientific model be reproved. This is a ridiculous demand made by the the charlatans that you're just repeating. There is no logical reason to perform blind listening tests with cables, power conditioners, and other such scam gear unless you can reasonably show there is a variable that the model does not take account for but that these products address.

THERE IS NO MAGIC! There is no Santa Clause. There is no Easter Bunny. God is not real. Rip that band-aid off.

Bob101

While I have no doubt that this power cord does nothing to the sound, to be accurate you would have to do some double blind listening tests with a panel of people to show that it doesn't create an audible difference.

While we all know that these measurements surely show this cable has no effect, the measurements alone do not prove there is no audible difference, strictly speaking. As always I advocate for statistics from blind listening tests to be able to prove to subjectivists that their tweaks ( cables, power conditioners, isolating blocks, etc ) actually have no audible effect, and that anything that listeners "hear" in sighted tests is pure placebo.

Such a blind test isn't really necessary with junk like this thing, but I would really like to see such listening tests performed with cables, power conditioners, ethernet switches, etc.
The results are in: there is no difference.Feel free to waste your own time and money setting up tests. I'm not holding my breath.

EchoChamber

Addicted to Fun and Learning
Forum Donor
Lol, what a scam!

YSC

Major Contributor
who need an engineering degree? when doing this crap and money just flood in?;)

fpitas

Master Contributor
Forum Donor
who need an engineering degree? when doing this crap and money just flood in?;)
I'd argue a degree (or any knowledge whatsoever) may be a handicap.

voodooless

Grand Contributor
Forum Donor
Having a conscience, morals or ethics would also be a handicap.
“But they really believe in what the sell!”

… as if that makes it any better…? So did many Nazies, or death cult sekt leaders. It doesn’t make it suddenly moral or ethical :facepalm:

musicforcities

If only they had used the switch to enable a 1 inch long pure silver wire that had been cryogenically treated, pre-burned in for 1000 hours, and with attention to its AC DIRECTIVITY…then you would have heard angelic 6th dimensional whale song after activating that $ 0.13 slider switch!!

Top Bottom