• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Nordost Blue Heaven AC Cord Review

Rate this power cord

• 1. Waste of money (piggy bank panther)

Votes: 320 95.2%
  • 2. Not terrible (postman panther)

Votes: 3 0.9%
  • 3. Fine (happy panther)

Votes: 4 1.2%
  • 4. Great (golfing panther)

Votes: 9 2.7%

• Total voters

BDWoody

Chief Cat Herder
Forum Donor
Hello, I'm sorry but your measurements are worthless...

They are worthless to you if you don't understand them.

look at the opinions of people who notice the differences !

I'd prefer to look at evidence, rather than a stream of anecdotal claims.

! the cable also improves with break-in, but we're not going to go too far...

No, that's far enough. Maybe you can spend some time working on the understanding part.

Killingbeans

Major Contributor
Hello, I'm sorry but your measurements are worthless... have you listened to the differences yourself ? Yet they are important ! you don't have ears and that's a shame... look at the opinions of people who notice the differences ! buy cables, compare and return if you don't like it ! the cable also improves with break-in, but we're not going to go too far... even brand new there's already a difference

Hello, I'm sorry but your knowledge of physiology is worthless... have you worn a Power Balance wristband yourself? https://www.powerbalance.com/
Yet your controlled clinical trials are important! You aren't in tune with your body, and that's a shame... look at the opinions of people who notice the differences!
Buy a wristband and return if you don't like it! The wristband also improves with break-in, but we're not going to go too far... even brand new there's already a difference!

/snark

See the difference? Because I don't. Snake-oil is snake-oil.

And yes, we know that you hear a difference. But here's the kicker; what you're experiencing is, with all likelihood, pure placebo. Nothing personal.

fpitas

Master Contributor
Forum Donor
He's just asking questions.

fpitas

Master Contributor
Forum Donor
I almost wish some boutique power cord actually made a difference. A radical new frontier in electronic design, overlooked for a hundred years.

fpitas

Master Contributor
Forum Donor
Since ASR is among other things an educational institution, here are some pertinent articles about power supplies that might help dissuade people from believing specious power cord claims::

antcollinet

Master Contributor
Forum Donor
Hello, I'm sorry but your measurements are worthless...

Wait.... What? How the hell did they ever get to the moon? And with 1960's technology too.

I bet it worked just by eyeballing the trajectories, and listening to the rocket motors blasting.

Last edited:

fpitas

Master Contributor
Forum Donor
Wait.... What? How the hell did they ever get to the moon. And with 1960's technology too.

I bet it worked just by eyeballing the trajectories, and listening to the rocket motors blasting.
Everyone wanted to be a Rocketophile in those days. But NASA only took the guys with golden hearing.

fpitas

Master Contributor
Forum Donor
Bet they didn't have golden hearing after a close listen to all 5 of those F1 engines at full tilt. :p
Afterwards, they couldn't even tell a Belden cord from a Nordost. Sad, really.

voodooless

Grand Contributor
Forum Donor
It was Stanley man!
…there was already something in his gaze beyond the capacity of any ape. In those dark, deep-set eyes was a dawning awareness—the first intimations of an intelligence that could not possibly fulfill itself for ages yet, and might soon be extinguished forever.”
.. well and maybe a bit of Arther C.

CedarX

Addicted to Fun and Learning
Forum Donor
I almost wish some boutique power cord actually made a difference. A radical new frontier in electronic design, overlooked for a hundred years.
I’m sure we can find you a boutique cable with a cut wire under all “the stuffing”: that would make an audible, repeatable, measurable, difference—like “sound” vs. “no sound”, a radical new frontier in electronic design. :p

xray

Hello, I'm sorry but your measurements are worthless... have you listened to the differences yourself ? Yet they are important ! you don't have ears and that's a shame... look at the opinions of people who notice the differences ! buy cables, compare and return if you don't like it ! the cable also improves with break-in, but we're not going to go too far... even brand new there's already a difference
I more or less said the same thing when I went to the doctor the other day. I told him all the blood work and diagnostic tests were useless. I felt fine and that's all that matters. How I felt was way more accurate that anything a lab could measure. It was kind of sad to think all those years in medical school and the lab full of equipment was wasted on such useless pursuits.

fpitas

Master Contributor
Forum Donor
Maybe your measurements indicate the width and depth of the soundstage ? Instrument separation ? etc...

In any case, I have well measured your stupidity !

Getting fired for telling the truth when that's the basis of it ! You'd better do another job, I've got people in front of me who have no ears, or who have never tried it for themselves !

I leave you in your religion :)

But since I'm nice and you're talking about medicine,

Here is a demonstration of a machine that scans the body to indicate our state of health, and gives the appropriate treatments, I own it, and there is no need for break-in :)

Metatron Hunter 4025

+1. Would be trolled again!

voodooless

Grand Contributor
Forum Donor
Top Bottom