• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Tice TPT Enhanced Line Conditioner Review

Rate this power conditioner

• 1. Waste of money (piggy bank panther)

Votes: 224 94.1%
  • 2. Not terrible (postman panther)

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • 3. Fine (happy panther)

Votes: 2 0.8%
  • 4. Great (golfing panther)

Votes: 12 5.0%

• Total voters

Endibol

Forum Donor
Because some 'golden eared reviewers' say it works and when you buy one or more you bet they will work as expected and the sound will improve.
Not because of any technical reason but because that's how human brains work.
For that reason it 'works' for a lot of people who believe in this (and buy it based on recommendations) and many other 'products' like this.

Unless you actually test it you never know for sure so it is a good thing people send it in and Amir takes the effort to put it to the test.

As a product it works and thus voted great. It really does 'something' and that is change the mindset of owners that bought it and believe in it.
For them the perceived 'improvement' is probably worth it.

No test on ASR is ever going to change minds of the majority of owners who 'heard' the improvements.
It is fun to see them measured and taken apart and will discourage people that want something that really works from throwing away money.

They clearly are not intended for 'objectivists' and 'ordinary people' but is aimed at the folks that believe everything matters. I don't mind if those people get cheated out of the abundance of money they usually own. There are lots more of people praying on that money and do so successfully.

So as a product it is great. It generates money and basically 'steals money from the rich' at very little cost, yet is a waste of money at the same time when expecting actual technical functionality but maybe not if one believes.

The addition of placebo switches was a brilliant move and probably made the seller make even more money. It shows how powerful suggestion is.

Around 2001, after grabbing money for over 15 year they seem to have made enough money and disappeared.
“Around 2001, after grabbing money for over 15 year they seem to have made enough money and disappeared.”

Some disappear, others appear..
Look at the products of this Dutch company Akiko Audio I came across when reading a review on the Dutch audio site hifi.nl (of which I thought they were a serious platform for audio lovers):

Last edited:

Sal1950

Grand Contributor
The Chicago Crusher
Forum Donor
Around 2001, after grabbing money for over 15 year they seem to have made enough money and disappeared.
Another famous scam that was around for at least as long was CD Stoplight. The green marker pen
you colored the edge of you optical discs with and made the waters part in sound quality. I just checked
now and couldn't find it for sale anywhere but I could swear it was on Amazon and Elusive Disc just a year
or two ago. Here's the review from the loony bin Positive Feedback.

666cdstop.promo_.jpg

Chrispy

Master Contributor
Forum Donor
The long term grifts are of course more impressive. :)

Sal1950

Grand Contributor
The Chicago Crusher
Forum Donor
“Around 2001, after grabbing money for over 15 year they seem to have made enough money and disappeared.”

Some disappear, others appear..
Look at the products of this Dutch company Akiko Audio I came across when reading a review on the Dutch audio site hifi.nl (of which I thought they were a serious platform for audio lovers):

Not bad, but I find the King of Quack is still Synergistic Research.
Home of the Magic Dots, Super Audio Fuses, and sooooo much more.
Just place their little Magic Dots all around the inside of your gear and Viola,
the invisible Audio Angels will visit your capacitors, resistors, and all the rest
revealing Audio Heaven to your ears. ;)
ROTFLMAO
ECT_Instructions_040714A.jpg

GCTFuse.jpg

Endibol

Forum Donor
Not bad, but I find the King of Quack is still Synergistic Research.
Home of the Magic Dots, Super Audio Fuses, and sooooo much more.
Just place their little Magic Dots all around the inside of your gear and Viola,
the invisible Audio Angels will visit your capacitors, resistors, and all the rest
revealing Audio Heaven to your ears. ;)
ROTFLMAO
ECT_Instructions_040714A.jpg

GCTFuse.jpg
You are right, this beats everything...

AudioSceptic

Major Contributor
Well, most devices constantly sip some power even when they're off, either in standby or the power bricks for example, so that would be a circuit. But anyway, I was trying to explain my understanding of what this silly product actually is, and it seems to be literally the same as an unconnected AC power cord plugged into the neighbouring socket, except they've decided to wind said cable up in a wooden box, lol - so I was trying to explain & confirm exactly what this product was.
Apologies: I wasn't disagreeing with you, just trying to emphasise the absurdity of the thing.

Robbo99999

Master Contributor
Forum Donor

DSJR

Major Contributor
"Peter Belt's discoveries, many of seemingly fanciful design: ointments (Electret Cream), stickers (Rainbow Electret Foil), and specially treated paper clips (Morphic Links) have been sold direct and through a handful of retailers, few bearing prices greater than £10 or £20 apiece. One of PWB Electronics' most recent accessories is a Morphic Link Magnetic Bookmark priced at £10, intended to be placed in the user's dictionary. Adjacent to the word link."

Treated Paper Clips
Back when al this started, I was a good (?) pal of the main reviewer who lived in central London. Wonderful times they were as music was first and foremost, but he was absolutely hooked on the Belt 'phenomenon' and i together with another pal I'd visit with, were often shown some of these differences. In HIS place and on HIS gear, differences could be heard and one which I shan't share as it's outrageous, was one we didn't know as it was a change in another room where the meter boxes were.

I took some Belt stuff home and couldn't tell one jot of a difference!!! At the end, he angled his speakers to face the wall behind at the mid-point between them to give that Bose 901-esque kind of reverb atmosphere and I just couldn't listen any more as a gid we attended was standing but a few feet from the musicians and my big ATC actives 'did that' very convincingly in my small room... we both married shortly after and our lives totally diverged, me into less domestic involvement wit hthe gear which continues to this day sadly and he just carried on collecting records, CD's and just 'stuff' around himself if an article of a few years back is still accurate. You can't move in his rooms now by the look of it.

rdenney

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
I’d like to see somebody take on Shakti Stones or Stein Music Harmonizers next. Or any product on the Machine Dynamica website I linked earlier. Or Synergistic Research power products for that matter.
Or Ted Denney magic rocks or whatever they are.

Rick “NO relation” Denney

pseudoid

Master Contributor
Forum Donor
Cheeeze and krakerz!
Why is it so very difficult for those -- people in-the-know-of-audio -- who refuse to except that there is a very appealing "Je ne sais quoi" factor built into some equipment?
...No test on ASR is ever going to change minds of the majority of owners who 'heard' the improvements.
'Price' has always been a sliding scale, with the trailing zeros that are factored in differently by the individual.
Heck, it does not even have to be a true 'audible improvement' and can even be as a result of that brief pleasure most get from simply spending hard-earned money.

Je ne sais rien about "Je ne sais quoi". :facepalm:

fpitas

Master Contributor
Forum Donor
Cheeeze and krakerz!
Why is it so very difficult for those -- people in-the-know-of-audio -- who refuse to except that there is a very appealing "Je ne sais quoi" factor built into some equipment?

'Price' has always been a sliding scale, with the trailing zeros that are factored in differently by the individual.
Heck, it does not even have to be a true 'audible improvement' and can even be as a result of that brief pleasure most get from simply spending hard-earned money.

Je ne sais rien about "Je ne sais quoi". :facepalm:
It's hard for me to understand, at least. My whole career has consisted of finding the most economical way to achieve things. Even when the end product is well over $100,000. It just goes against the grain to throw money off a bridge pointlessly.

Sal1950

Grand Contributor
The Chicago Crusher
Forum Donor
Or Ted Denney magic rocks or whatever they are.

Rick “NO relation” Denney
I got a magic rock my ex found at a flea market.

pet rock concert.JPG

It's hard for me to understand, at least. My whole career has consisted of finding the most economical way to achieve things. Even when the end product is well over $100,000. It just goes against the grain to throw money off a bridge pointlessly.
Me too.
I think a big part of it came from growing up in a household lead by greatest generation, depression era parents and grandparents.
They knew what it was like to not be sure of even tomorrows meals. Todays "entitled" folk have a lot to learn, if they ever do. :(

fpitas

Master Contributor
Forum Donor
I got a magic rock my ex found at a flea market.

View attachment 305414

Me too.
I think a big part of it came from growing up in a household lead by greatest generation, depression era parents and grandparents.
They knew what it was like to not be sure of even tomorrows meals. Todays "entitled" folk have a lot to learn, if they ever do. :(
Yeah, my parents were greatest generation too. But the fact is they pay me well to do things correctly, not some jack-ass costly prestigious way.

fpitas

Master Contributor
Forum Donor

pseudoid

Master Contributor
Forum Donor
Well, where were you guys forty+ years ago when Noel Lee (among others) got this rock rolling?
The industry experts at the time laughed at him and didn't take him seriously.

It's a little late now. :)
Can I blame my parents as my excuse?

Sal1950

Grand Contributor
The Chicago Crusher
Forum Donor
It's a little late now. :)
I think we've made a lot of inroads to the complete silliness and BS that abounds in high end audio.
That's why I really shake my head when folks come to threads like this with comments on why do we bother to measure
junk like the clock, or the occasional cable review, or whatever piece of worthless snake-oil that gets posted.
After Peter Aczel and a couple others left the scene, very few were left that would stand up to the peddlers and say, this is crap and here's the measurements to prove it. We had a good near 3 decades where there was little to no voice of reason
in audio. The few of us that did got banned and kicked off website after website for simply being willing to tell the truth.
It's no wonder we ended up with the loonies running the asylum.
Thanks Again @amirm for doing all that you do here at ASR !

Sal1950

Grand Contributor
The Chicago Crusher
Forum Donor
Yeah, my parents were greatest generation too.
I often can still hear my father yell as I leave a room,
"turn the GD lights off, do ya think I own the power company?"
LOL

pseudoid

Master Contributor
Forum Donor
If I am not mistaken; the current generation(s) blame ALL of the ILLs of our society to the ALL previous generations... :confused: ... rather than giving their parents kudos.

Top Bottom