• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Eversolo DMP-A6 Streamer Review

Rate this streamer/DAC:

• 1. Poor (headless panther)

Votes: 7 1.4%
  • 2. Not terrible (postman panther)

Votes: 24 4.7%
  • 3. Fine (happy panther)

Votes: 144 27.9%
  • 4. Great (golfing panther)

Votes: 341 66.1%

• Total voters

Nutul

And the Control APP for Android tablet coming soon.
Then, once this all is over, we (poor, miserable only-dac users) might possibly get the new VUs and maybe EQs on the DAC-Z6/Z8 too, couldn't we...? After all nobody cares about us since about april this year... ;-)
Really, we would be extremely thankful to receive these as a Xmas gift from the dev-team...

Kind regards, Al.

mirror88

Audio Company
Forum Donor
Then, once this all is over, we (poor, miserable only-dac users) might possibly get the new VUs and maybe EQs on the DAC-Z6/Z8 too, couldn't we...? After all nobody cares about us since about april this year... ;-)
Really, we would be extremely thankful to receive these as a Xmas gift from the dev-team...

Kind regards, Al.
Z6/Z8 will get the new VUs soon but have no EQ support. Sorry but the product attributes of DAC determine that its update frequency will not be too fast

Spyerx

Spyerx ,
how does Sirius Xm sound , what’s the bit rate you’re able to get ?
16/44.1 or lower ?

thanks

bk
Whatever their "max" setting is, which is suspect is at best 320 or 256. I'll have to check what the device shows the bitrate as, I'm not sure.

It's not hifi :) but ok for background music. It probably sounds a little soft, but not muffled when compared to CD sources.

So, Sirius changed their app. It's ... different. Anyway, the screen layout makes it impossible to access the "..." to change the bitrate settings (it's covered by the toolbar on the screen). But, it seems to hold settings from your account and I have it set to max on my iPhone. I know its not the mid or low as I can hear those, they sound like crap.

Gyosa1

Whatever their "max" setting is, which is suspect is at best 320 or 256. I'll have to check what the device shows the bitrate as, I'm not sure.

It's not hifi :) but ok for background music. It probably sounds a little soft, but not muffled when compared to CD sources.

So, Sirius changed their app. It's ... different. Anyway, the screen layout makes it impossible to access the "..." to change the bitrate settings (it's covered by the toolbar on the screen). But, it seems to hold settings from your account and I have it set to max on my iPhone. I know its not the mid or low as I can hear those, they sound like crap.
Thanks ..was just curious …
I‘ve been using a Yamaha wxc-50 as a Sirius xm transport into my dmp-a8 via SPDIF coax , bypassing it‘s dac …
prior to the a-8 it was a Cambridge 851n …. 16/44.1 that way ….
It sounds pretty good for what the bit rate is - better on the a8 than the 851 , interestingly enough …

thanks again , was just curious ..

bk

Gyosa1

v1.2.37 alpha version release
Change logs:

Since v1.2.36_alpha
1.Optimized stability for TIDAL CONNECT
2.Resolved occasional connection issues with SPOTIFY CONNECT
3.Added EQ L/R volume balance adjustment
4.Introduced a history playback queue feature
5.Added local track replay gain function(no DSD support)
6.Optimized occasional duplicate addition of home page components
7.Improved issues with tracks not being removed from the playback queue after logging out from music service
8.Enhanced playback order after modifying the playback queue
9.Improved random playback, resolving occasional playback queue order issues
10.Optimized display in the playback details interface
11.Fixed occasional failure in custom queue sorting
12.Optimized online streaming playback
13.Optimized occasional connection issues with Squeeze Connect
14.Enhanced Webdav editing functionality
15.Optimized occasional ineffectiveness of PEQ settings
16.Fixed occasional inability to favorite local tracks
17.Optimized EQ occasionally not being effective when switching output ports
18.Added TIDAL CONNECT MAX support
19.Optimized occasional inability to search on Calm Radio

BTW: EQ suppport internal player source(local tracks playback, streaming service, and APPs)

This is a greatly changing ALPHA version so it will not be pushed, but will push for who updated to v1.2.36_alpha.
For those who want to try new features, you can download and install it.
How to update firmware:https://www.eversolo.com/Support/support_guide/guide_target/Fh7PRJQ5IF7eq7k9e[ld]3ulg==.html

v1.2.37_alpha
http://music.eversolo.com/dmp/ota/DMP_A6/v1.2.37/DMP-A6_R_v1.2.37_alpha_202312212036_ota-package.zip
MD5: 1F2F346264C486A3B63EA340DC94131F

Control APP
Android: v1.11.61
IOS: v1.0.83

v1.2.36
1.Added SPDIF output sampling rate switch delay function.
2.Optimized Roon Connect for DOP output.
3.Optimized USB DAC compatibility.
4.Optimized USB DAC output sampling rate switch delay function.
5.Addressed the issue of incorrect music service playback queue order.
6.Added Hybrid queue function (Support Local track, TIDAL, QOBUZ, HRS, DEEZER).
7.Added multiple display mode switching functions for the playback queue.
8. Enhanced the display of the playback queue interface.
9.Added custom sorting function for playlists (edit and move positions).
10.Optimized the issue where the playback queue couldn't be cleared when in random playback mode.
11.Enhanced Airplay playback stability.
12.Added main interface widget functionality.
13.Added EQ settings (effective when the input source is the internal player).
14.Added Squeeze Connect functionality(For LMS).
15.Added SoundCloud music service.
16.Added Calm Radio music service.

Control APP
android : v1.11.51
ios : v1.0.82

During the development of our hybrid queue, we realized we might encounter the most complex user experience task in this field, which has never been seen before. Because the A6 needs to handle various inputs and outputs, supporting third-party apps, and not all integrated services can utilize it (depending on different API characteristics), so there's a certain learning curve associated with this feature. The experience and presentation related to the Hybrid Queue functionality built into this version are the result of over a dozen modifications internally. This is the best we can achieve. Currently supported services include:Local Track/TIDAL/Qobuz/HIGHRESAUDIO/Deezer/Netease. When a third-party app is playing or the output source is not from the internal player, the playback queue remains inactive. Pressing "PLAY NEXT" often confuses users because it appears to do nothing visibly, you can't see the current playback queue. Therefore, we added the option "PLAY NOW." Unlike other players, this option doesn't replace the current queue but simply adds the current track to the top of the queue and starts playing immediately. We will also include a PLAY Queue Button located in the bottom right corner of the Control App.

The EQ function is only available when the input source is the internal player and is effective only for stereo PCM with a sampling rate lower than 192 kHz. All stereo audio with a sampling rate higher than 192 kHz or all multi-channel or DSD audio will bypass output. Of course, as some of you may want, a global bypass will also be an option. As we sincerely hope to offer users with more choices, so instead of a simple global EQ function, we configured different curves for different output setups using profile settings. This inevitably brings some learning costs. But I believe you'll figure it out quickly. Currently, it features a 15-band GEQ and a 10-band PEQ (Freq/GAIN/Q) that can be customized. While we've tested its stability, there might be a reduction in the number of bands in the final version to lighten the CPU load. This is why this version is labeled as Alpha.
Mirror ,

when is tidal connect max coming to the A8 ?

thanks

bk

Nutul

Z6/Z8 will get the new VUs soon but have no EQ support. Sorry but the product attributes of DAC determine that its update frequency will not be too fast
Thanks, this is good news, and reassuring :)

Regarding the DAC's update frequency... didn't the A6 get EQs too? And the 9038Q2M in the A6 seems not to be better performing than a 9038Pro inside the Z8, and I believe the Z6 is 9038Q2M-based too. Can you elaborate on this? Just curious.

Cheers, Al.

mirror88

Audio Company
Forum Donor
Thanks, this is good news, and reassuring :)

Regarding the DAC's update frequency... didn't the A6 get EQs too? And the 9038Q2M in the A6 seems not to be better performing than a 9038Pro inside the Z8, and I believe the Z6 is 9038Q2M-based too. Can you elaborate on this? Just curious.

Cheers, Al.
The DAC chipset has no EQ function,A6 uses the CPU to handle the EQ

Highvolt60

I installed 1.2.36 Alpha from USB a couple days ago and just had an update message for 1.2.37 Alpha when I powered On the unit (I then installed it directly from the A6).
Did not notice at first it was the alpha version (thought it was official).

Since I installed the previous Alpha, does it push the next Alpha version automatically ?

mirror88

Audio Company
Forum Donor
I installed 1.2.36 Alpha from USB a couple days ago and just had an update message for 1.2.37 Alpha when I powered On the unit (I then installed it directly from the A6).
Did not notice at first it was the alpha version (thought it was official).

Since I installed the previous Alpha, does it push the next Alpha version automatically ?
Yes

octavius

To Mirror: Would be to have possibility to continue playing where I stopped after turn OFF Eversolo?
Situation: I'm listening for example Radio Paradise and I'm going to turn off the unit. Then I turn the unit ON again and wait when the system finish boot. I would appreciate if Eversolo could play the radio station where was stopped before. Is it possible do that?

Nutul

To Mirror: Would be to have possibility to continue playing where I stopped after turn OFF Eversolo?
Situation: I'm listening for example Radio Paradise and I'm going to turn off the unit. Then I turn the unit ON again and wait when the system finish boot. I would appreciate if Eversolo could play the radio station where was stopped before. Is it possible do that?
Play the radio station THAT was stopped before, maybe (depending on priorities; but this is not the first time I hear a request of sort, not only for a radio station, more in general to continue playing the last active thing before shutdown); play the radio station WHERE was stopped before, definitely not possible, as the streaming continues even if you do not listen to it...

mirror88

Audio Company
Forum Donor
This is originally a very simple function, but supporting third-party apps complicates things. Some applications will seize the Audio track channel after launching. Anyway you can try turning on this switch: Home - Music - Play - Auto play at boot

octavius

Nutul of course I thought play same radio station not play the same place where stopped :) :) The same for streaming tidal, qobuz...

Reactions: CMB

Nutul

Nutul of course I thought play same radio station not play the same place where stopped :) :) The same for streaming tidal, qobuz...
:)
Tidal and Qobuz are not "radios" and most probably can be resumed at least at the same track, maybe even at the same time within the track...
But hey, I know what you mean, and meant since the beginning... just kidding you :cool:

octavius

This is originally a very simple function, but supporting third-party apps complicates things. Some applications will seize the Audio track channel after launching. Anyway you can try turning on this switch: Home - Music - Play - Auto play at boot
wow it works mirror!!! thanks for great hint

Mariano Rena

I'm laughing to myself how well the last update 1.2.37 with parametric EQ sounds on the Master!!!!
Fantastic last update!!!! Finally, I'm happy with the speakers I have!

Gremlins

Can some draft what i need to do to update alpah version?

First, from a computer dowload it on usb key, then put usb key bzhind dmpa6?

And then?

Spyerx

yeah it is quite good. as I listen to mostly lower volumes 'simulating' some loudness button with some tilted up lower and top end has been really great.

saved me buying an amp with those dials/buttons! :)

Also love the little toolbar / quick link at the bottom now. makes it more seamless for those side loaded apps.

Last edited:

Spyerx

Can some draft what i need to do to update alpah version?

First, from a computer dowload it on usb key, then put usb key bzhind dmpa6?

And then?

You can:
from your laptop, map to the SMB share, and copy the file downloaded from your Mac/pc to the ever solo, you can put it in a file on the internal drive, or on the additional ssd if you added one
put a usb drive in back usb file share port (make sure its sent for drive in the settings)

Then go to apps - update - select usb update, and then navigate to the file saved.

Top Bottom