• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Eversolo DMP-A6 Streamer Review

Rate this streamer/DAC:

• 1. Poor (headless panther)

Votes: 7 1.3%
  • 2. Not terrible (postman panther)

Votes: 25 4.8%
  • 3. Fine (happy panther)

Votes: 145 27.8%
  • 4. Great (golfing panther)

Votes: 345 66.1%

• Total voters

Spyerx

Playing around with the alpha. The EQ is pretty fantastic, has a graphic EQ and Parametric EQ,the latter has a ton of settings. Can setup profiles and assign saved settings really quickly.

For my use (local files, airplay, apple music streaming) its been stable.

Mac Arthur

Forum Donor
Sounds very tempting indeed !
One question: I have a DCA Stealth and there is no headphone output. Is it possible to connect my existing RME Adi-2 just as a headphone amp? Other recommendations?
Thanks for your comments !

BigEarsBill

I still have the A6 but am sending it back, not because I don't like it. I love it. But before I got it where I loved it the best, I ordered the A8, which just arrived. I don't think the move to the A8 is necessary, especially given the price difference between the two, but there are features on the A8 I'm willing to pay for. One of those is the i2s output, which I like much more than optical.

Nutul

I still have the A6 but am sending it back, not because I don't like it. I love it. But before I got it where I loved it the best, I ordered the A8, which just arrived. I don't think the move to the A8 is necessary, especially given the price difference between the two, but there are features on the A8 I'm willing to pay for. One of those is the i2s output, which I like much more than optical.
Again, just to use an external DAC?

Salt

Addicted to Fun and Learning
Forum Donor
Sounds very tempting indeed !
One question: I have a DCA Stealth and there is no headphone output. Is it possible to connect my existing RME Adi-2 just as a headphone amp? Other recommendations?
Thanks for your comments !
Same here. RME ADI connected via USB to A6 works flawless.

Mac Arthur

Forum Donor
@Salt so connected this way and using Roon which DAC is "on"? Eversolo or RME?

Salt

Forum Donor
No roon. EQ on A6 was just implemented a few days ago, so was only possible on the RME (and necessary in my setup as a turntable is also plugged into ADI).

Mac Arthur

Forum Donor
So to better understand what are the duties of your RME ? Amplifier for speakers and headphone?
I would like to use the A6 just as a streamer, plug RME as a DAC, headphone amplifier and and preamplifier through XLR for my speakers.
No idea if this is possible...

Last edited:

Salt

Forum Donor
Exactly my setup:
Eversolo for streaming -> RME ADI serves as DAC/headphone amp/preamp with Volume control -> Purifi amp -> passive speakers

Mac Arthur

Forum Donor
Exactly what I have in mind. Great!
Thanks

BigEarsBill

Again, just to use an external DAC?
No, I could use an external DAC with either model, though the DAC in the A8 is supposedly "better" than the one in the A6. I came for a streamer, stayed for the display and opted for the A8 for the extra features in it, including the support for i2s and DSP.

Spyerx

So I listen to my office system (BAT integrated with Harbeth P3ESRxd) which the A6 is connected to at fairly low volumes.

I was wanting for a bass/treble knob and/or loudness. Maybe this EQ feature just saved me from getting another Luxman integrated :) Very happy so far with the new firmware.

I really enjoy this unit, the software is really good on the unit and apple devices.

For my 'bigger' system, at ~$2k for the A8, I can't help but wonder if it might be fun to try a used aurender a10 or other streamer to try something different. My use case is very much streamer only and analog out so maybe a simpler use case than the A8 will support. HiFi Rose, their software for me is terrible, though I do like the wider/larger screen which I wish Eversolo incorporated on the A8. The aurender software is good. I am convinced 3/4 of the battle with these things is with the user interfaces, then hardware interfaces, then the sound...

IMG_4356.jpeg

Last edited:

Purité Audio

Master Contributor
Industry Insider
Barrowmaster
Forum Donor
No, I could use an external DAC with either model, though the DAC in the A8 is supposedly "better" than the one in the A6. I came for a streamer, stayed for the display and opted for the A8 for the extra features in it, including the support for i2s and DSP.
It can’t be ‘better’ because the A-6 is audibly transparent look at Amir’s review.
Certainly when I compared both A-6/A-8 I couldn’t hear any difference.
Keith

Salt

Forum Donor
It can’t be ‘better’ because the A-6 is audibly transparent look at Amir’s review.
Certainly when I compared both A-6/A-8 I couldn’t hear any difference.
Keith
Will we see a review of A-8 in the future?

Purité Audio

Master Contributor
Industry Insider
Barrowmaster
Forum Donor
I have written a couple of silly things on my Blog, essentially I couldn’t hear any difference between the A-6 versions and nothing between the A-6 and the A-8 but I really didn’t expect to, I believe the Eversolo products are properly engineered ans well put together, only one failure so far and the company has been extremely responsive to customers requests.
Get the A-8 if you need the extra features.
Keith

Purité Audio

Master Contributor
Industry Insider
Barrowmaster
Forum Donor
Salt and vinegar?
Keith

Gremlins

Hello community,
Well, well ..my turn .. i purchased a dmp A6 and pluged my SSD

May i ask my questions, 156 pages just scares me to ho through

- if i use the spdif out or optical output, can i control volume?
- how do i upload latest firmware?
- are there firmwares for both dmp a6 and eversolo app?
- do i have to use only eversolo app or are there other apps?
- i read on previous page some EQ functions? Where can i find these?

Love it so far for the ease of use

Thanks

Brian Hall

Forum Donor
Hello community,
Well, well ..my turn .. i purchased a dmp A6 and pluged my SSD

May i ask my questions, 156 pages just scares me to ho through

- if i use the spdif out or optical output, can i control volume?
- how do i upload latest firmware?
- are there firmwares for both dmp a6 and eversolo app?
- do i have to use only eversolo app or are there other apps?
- i read on previous page some EQ functions? Where can i find these?

Love it so far for the ease of use

Thanks

What do you have the spdif out connected to? The DAC in the A6 is actually good.

I believe the volume control is only for the RCA/XLR outputs. I have mine set to RCA output with fixed volume going to my integrated AVR and control volume with the AVR remote.

The DMP-A6 seems to check for updates automatically and will prompt you to do an update (on the front panel). The Eversolo app on your phone gets updates from the google play store.

I don't use Roon, but I understand it can use the DMP-A6 as an endpoint.

There are filter settings. I don't believe it has an option for EQ.

Purité Audio

Master Contributor
Industry Insider
Barrowmaster
Forum Donor
EQ already in the new ‘alpha’ firmware, general release soon.
Keith

Top Bottom