• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Buckeye Amps: Hypex NCx500 Official Thread

OP
Buckeye Amps

Buckeye Amps

Major Contributor
Audio Company
Forum Donor
Hi Dylan, are we still on track for shipments of the 3-channel before Christmas?
It’s going to be very close.

During 3rd party testing, it was thought there was an issue with the SMPS, so we spent the last two weeks rushing diagnostics only to find there was no issue and it was a simple user error during their own testing metric.

Production was paused during that 2wk period out of caution but has resumed.

MicroAudio

Audio Company
Forum Donor
The final SMPS2K version with the extended heatsink.

After days of listening sessions I started to fall in love with this amplifier.

The amplifier passed the torture testing 10Hz @ 3 channels and all other tests.

Attachments

• 20231206_142355.jpg
    20231206_142355.jpg
    358.6 KB · Views: 237
OP
Buckeye Amps

Buckeye Amps

Major Contributor
Audio Company
Forum Donor
For those waiting on their 3ch NCx orders, I am spending the next two weeks of my “vacation” building your amps with everything ready to go (minus the SMPS) so the moment I receive the SMPS’ I can drop them in, test, and ship super quick.

twisterbret

For those waiting on their 3ch NCx orders, I am spending the next two weeks of my “vacation” building your amps with everything ready to go (minus the SMPS) so the moment I receive the SMPS’ I can drop them in, test, and ship super quick.

Any updates in regards to shipping units?

Thanks!

Jaemon

Hi, May I check if I placed an order now for the 3ch NCX, when will be the expected delivery date? Seeing that the power supplies are being assembled now.

OP
Buckeye Amps

Buckeye Amps

Major Contributor
Audio Company
Forum Donor
Hi, May I check if I placed an order now for the 3ch NCX, when will be the expected delivery date? Seeing that the power supplies are being assembled now.
The shipment of SMPS’ I am about to receive are for existing 3ch orders placed before the new year.
All new orders for the 3ch placed since Jan 1 2024 have about an 8wk lead time until the next batch of SMPS’ are built.

twisterbret

Anyone have their 3 channel NCX amp yet? I'm itching to place the order but I'm trying my best to hold out for someone to post about them :)

goryu

Addicted to Fun and Learning
Nope. Just heard today. Yup, another 2 weeks.

Rick Sykora

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
Anyone have their 3 channel NCX amp yet? I'm itching to place the order but I'm trying my best to hold out for someone to post about them :)

I have tested both the 2 channel and the 3 channel NCx500. In case you missed, I sold the 2 channel and is happily powering someone else‘s speakers now.

I tested the 3 channel with multiple power supplies. Between the last 2 MicroAudio supplies, I messed up as I was swapping amp modules and could not determine what had failed. We had to ship the amp to the designer and he fixed the issue. I can tell you the MicroAudio supply is a beast and does fully power the NCx500s. Yes, it has been delayed by parts issues but that is par for electronics manufacturing these days. Unlike other vendors I have dealt with previously, Buckeye has been willing to refund those who are unwilling to wait.

If you are willing to wait, you will attain a Class D amplifier with unmatched price/performance. If I had not flubbed a module swap, one might be in Amir’s hands for review already. My apologies for my role in the delay but if you can handle the lead time, would not hesitate to place your Buckeye order.:)

Last edited:
OP
Buckeye Amps

Buckeye Amps

Major Contributor
Audio Company
Forum Donor
Good to hear but the "on time" train left the station a long time ago...
Unfortunate pitfalls of bringing a new product to market properly (I.E. - not rushing it)

Last edited:

Rick Sykora

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
Unfortunate pitfalls of brining a new product to market properly (I.E. - not rushing it)
To your point about not rushing, without hopefully seeming self-serving, will add that doing black box testing has shown proven value in this project as well as previous ones.:cool:

grobalt

i like them .. have some MicroAudio as well and they just work and as they use rarely or no SMD they are easy to repair in case somewhen something brakes. Would be nice to have a powerhorse for EU market as well with 240V 14A or something like that :)

Top Bottom