• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Links by @SweetChaos

sweetchaos

Major Contributor
The Curator
Intro:
- I've consolidated all of my created threads/posts into one post to be used in my signature.

My Noteworthy Threads:
Date PublishedThreadsMy Notes
2020-02-01Master List of Speaker CompaniesKept up to date
2020-10-06List of Budget Bookshelf Speakers (under US$300)Stopped updating, I might incorporate this info elsewhere
2020-10-16List of Canadian Speaker,Headphone,Subwoofer Resellers/DealersKept up to date
2020-12-19List of Amir's Headphone PEQ filtersStopped updating. This takes some effort. I'll see if I can automate this in the future.
2020-12-30List of Amir's Recommended Speakers, for CanadiansStopped updating. No need to update anymore, since you can find my Canadian resellers/dealers list and find speaker deals yourself.
2021-01-12List of Amir's Highly-Recommended Headphones, for CanadiansStopped updating. No need to update anymore, since you can find my Canadian resellers/dealers list and find headphone deals yourself.
2021-02-01List of Amir's Headphone GEQ filtersStopped updating. Way too time consuming for me.
2021-02-17Subwoofer ComparisonKept up to date
2021-03-03How to use 2 DACs on 1 Windows 10 PC, with separate PEQ profiles?Kept up to date
2021-11-12Kef Uni-Q generations and speakersKept up to date
2021-11-19Active Speaker Recommendations for USA (by sweetchaos)Kept up to date
2021-11-20Passive Speaker Recommendations for USA (by sweetchaos)Kept up to date
2023-11-06Automated Light/Dark ModeKept up to date
2023-11-08Stop YouTube ads once and for allKept up to date
2023-11-28Master List of New SpeakersStopped updating thread since I ran out of characters to post, so I'm working on replacing this
2023-12-14Comparison of Dirac Live Bass Control (DLBC) and Dirac ART for all known AVRs/ProcessorsKept up to date
2023-12-15Stop browser trackers once and for allKept up to date

My Noteworthy Posts:
Date PublishedPostsMy Notes
2020-08-26How to get instant price alerts for AmazonKept up to date
2020-11-29How to get the best deal for Adorama.comKept up to date
2021-01-02How to analyze the bass output in a given song track, with my scriptKept up to date
2022-08-31Thoughts on Purifi vs Hypex Ncore AmpsKept up to date
2023-10-18Current TV RecommendationsKept up to date
2023-12-04Current Bluetooth / Wifi / Battery Speaker RecommendationsKept up to date
2024-01-02Hypex vs Purifi ampsKept up to date
2024-02-28Projector Reviews by Rtings.comKept up to date

- Noteworthy Links:
MSO:
- Dual-sub integration with miniDSP and MultiSub Optimizer
- Multiple Subwoofers: Optimize Them With Multi-Sub Optimizer Software
REW:
- Correct your speakers with REW, UMIK-1 and Equalizer APO (Room Correction Tutorial)
Measurement Microphone MiniDSP Umik-1:
- Difference between MiniDSP and CSL
Subs
- How to integrate subs with speakers (by Z Reviews)
- How Erin tests subs
- How to connect dual subs to 1 receiver. Video1. Video2.
Cables
- Proper TRS to RCA connection diagram (by MiniDSP)
Genelec
- How To Place Your Monitors
- How To Select The Correct Monitors
- Monitor Calibration & Improving Acoustics
Headphone:
- DIYAudioHeaven
- Solderdude, on headphones and balanced amplifiers
Speaker Measurements:
- Erin posted on Youtube on Sep 2020
- Erin posted on the thread in Nov 2020

Changelog:
- 2023-12-10: Launched

Last edited:

AdamG

Helping stretch the audiophile budget…
Forum Donor
love your work!
We love @sweetchaos work too. Very much and maybe we don’t say “Thank You” enough for his contributions. So we are doing that now. Thank you @sweetchaos you contribute so much valuable information and help make this place better for our family/members. :cool:

D

Deleted member 21219

We love @sweetchaos work too. Very much and maybe we don’t say “Thank You” enough for his contributions. So we are doing that now. Thank you @sweetchaos you contribute so much valuable information and help make this place better for our family/members. :cool:

1702321384364.jpeg

kemmler3D

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
Honestly didn't even realize you maintained so many lists. I mean this in the best way, you are keeping "the old internet" alive. In the sense of regular people providing useful information, not huge platforms or SEO spammers monetizing everything in sight. I am sure these lists have saved hundreds or thousands of people a lot of time and money. Big kudos.

Top Bottom