• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Buckeye Amps: Hypex NCx500 Official Thread

OP
Buckeye Amps

Buckeye Amps

Major Contributor
Audio Company
Forum Donor

gby

It will be, yes. But no timeframe/ETA. It is part of something that will be tested and implemented as we slowly work on incorporating Micro Audio SMPS' to more of our products in place of many of the Hypex SMPS' options.
Hi Dylan, any update on updating the Hypex NCx500 triple amplifiers to properly implement standby mode and lower standby current?

OP
Buckeye Amps

Buckeye Amps

Major Contributor
Audio Company
Forum Donor
Hi Dylan, any update on updating the Hypex NCx500 triple amplifiers to properly implement standby mode and lower standby current?
Once I have the next batch of SMPS' in hand in a few weeks I'll have an update.

dfiler

That's great news. Efficiency with minimal heat generation is what I like most about these amps. I spent all my money on the theater and still don't have air conditioning. :facepalm:

My backorder can gladly wait if it means getting the new firmware.

gby

Yes, it is good to hear that plans to solve the standby power are working out. 0.5W counts as low enough to ignore.

Any thoughts on when/how current owners can do an update?

OP
Buckeye Amps

Buckeye Amps

Major Contributor
Audio Company
Forum Donor
Yes, it is good to hear that plans to solve the standby power are working out. 0.5W counts as low enough to ignore.

Any thoughts on when/how current owners can do an update?
They would need to be shipped back for the firmware update

Top Bottom