• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Buckeye Amps 2ch Integrated Amplifier

JohnnyNG

If user has selected a Filter Card for their sub outs, then a High Pass Filter (24dB Octave, Analog) will also be applied to speaker outputs
Awesome feature! I like the idea of fixed freq. via cards as opposed to a pot or DSP.

im_gumby

2ch Integrated Amplifier Specifications/Features List (w/o Add-on card):

XLR Inputs (x2)
RCA Inputs (x2)

RCA Outputs (x2)
- User specifies desired behavior at checkout
- EX: User could specify Mono Sub outputs w/Low Pass Filter (24dB Octave, Analog)
- EX: User could specify Stereo Sub outputs w/Low Pass Filter (24dB Octave, Analog)
- EX: User can opt for no Filter Card and use RCA Outputs as full range Pre-outs
- Filter Card is user changeable (can order multiple iterations for minimal cost)
- If Filter Card is installed, user can switch RCA Output behavior (Pre-out vs. Sub out) via Remote

5-way Binding Post Speaker Outputs
- If user has selected a Filter Card for their sub outs, then a High Pass Filter (24dB Octave, Analog) will also be applied to speaker outputs

Volume Control Knob
- Stepped Attenuator (0.5dB steps w/128dB range)
- Press knob to mute system

Front Power Button
- Single press turns unit on
- Press to cycle inputs (once on)
- Hold to turn off

Remote control (metal)
- Includes Dim button for Front LED Display

Supported 2ch Configurations:
- NC252MP
- NC502MP
- Purifi 1ET400A
- Purifi 1ET7040SA
- Hypex NCx500

Software Features:
- FW Updates (via Phone or WiFi)

Add-On Card Features being explored (for future release)
- DAC
- Dirac Live
- Parametric DSP Filters
- HDMI EARC

Here are the PRELIM MSRP price targets for each 2ch Integrated models.
These prices do not include the price of the future upgrade board (to add additional features like HDMI input and possibly Dirac EQ). However, I will not be charging a profit on the upgrade board when it does come out, so it will be sold at cost and will be made so the user can install themselves (or send back to me for install for a small fee).

Please keep in mind these prices can change (up or down) as we get closer to actual production (hoping for Q1 2024):

2ch Hypex NC252MP = MSRP ~ $1095
2ch Hypex NC502MP = MSRP ~ $1195

2ch Hypex NCx500 = MSRP ~ $1450

2ch Purifi 1ET400A = MSRP ~ $1450
2ch Purifi 1ET7040SA = MSRP ~ $1750
If you're going to add things via an expansion card. NAD has their BlueOS cards which have wi-fi , bluetooth and can do things like chrome cast, airplay2, and other features...
While that's a pretty big wish... maybe having the ability to accept multiple expansion cards?

OP
Buckeye Amps

Buckeye Amps

Major Contributor
Audio Company
Forum Donor
If you're going to add things via an expansion card. NAD has their BlueOS cards which have wi-fi , bluetooth and can do things like chrome cast, airplay2, and other features...
While that's a pretty big wish... maybe having the ability to accept multiple expansion cards?
That won't be possible unfortunately.

im_gumby

That won't be possible unfortunately.
I get it.
I mean if you look at Hegel, their line has it... of course there's a huge price difference.
But if you don't ask for a feature... it will never get built.

I get it. It would probably be easier to pair your amp w a streaming DAC or something similar.

BTW, Thanks for the fast response.

dmilller

Just buy a Wiim Pro Plus and put it in front of the Buckeye. There a huge amount of software development in the Wiims. Taking it further use Roon with the Wiim as an endpoint.

I find the above a better value and more sophisticated than BlueOS. I have a Node 2i.

im_gumby

Just buy a Wiim Pro Plus and put it in front of the Buckeye. There a huge amount of software development in the Wiims. Taking it further use Roon with the Wiim as an endpoint.

I find the above a better value and more sophisticated than BlueOS. I have a Node 2i.
Sure. I was using the NAD BlueOS as an example. Because of their modular card.

MusicMan77

The Add-on card details are still a work in progress. So I cannot give even "possible" solutions. But final details will be hashed out and concrete before we sell the base model integrated.
I'll buy one tomorrow if it has eARC. :cool:

OP
Buckeye Amps

Buckeye Amps

Major Contributor
Audio Company
Forum Donor
Here are the final renders of the case and a couple of inside layouts

Attachments

• render back.png
    render back.png
    144.3 KB · Views: 289
  • render front.png
    render front.png
    176.5 KB · Views: 288
  • render inside 2ch purifi.png
    render inside 2ch purifi.png
    1.3 MB · Views: 281
  • render inside nc502mp.png
    render inside nc502mp.png
    1.1 MB · Views: 281
  • render top off.png
    render top off.png
    294 KB · Views: 270
  • render top.png
    render top.png
    229.5 KB · Views: 286

Matias

Master Contributor
Forum Donor
Looks awesome!

Billy Budapest

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
I get it.
I mean if you look at Hegel, their line has it... of course there's a huge price difference.
Plus Hegel amplifiers have mediocre measured performance. (It’s their DACs that have really terrible measured performance; the amp sections in their products are so-so.)

Top Bottom