• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

AIYIMA A07 TPA3255 Review (Amplifier)

mihvas

Thank you so much for your input.

So if i understand correctly, the circuit will perform optimally (efficiency and longevity wise) when the output voltage is not too high or too low relative to the input voltage.

So driving the circuit with anything above 14V is fine as long as the above statement is satisfied?
YES. Remember to have either linear PSU or low-ripple SMPS = 24-36V is ok!

cyberzigot

I think I've tried to answer this very question a couple of times... :)

Practically, ultimately, it depends on your speaker impedance and how loud you listen your music (ie output power). Higher-impedance (8+Ohm) and louder (100+dB) would benefit from a higher voltage PS. Low-impedance (4Ohm) and/or lower volumes (80-90dB) would be cooler with 24V (and you would not even need/tap into your high 10A current), yet with similar SQ.

And, after playing with a half-dozen of PS bricks for a TRA3255 amp . With my two 6- and 8Ohm large floor-standing Wharfedales at any reasonable volume in my ~20x20sqft room, I believe there no subjective difference in SQ between 32, 36, and 48V PS' (sorry I did not try 24V). As I've reported, a higher-PS-voltage (48V) amp runs ~10deg hotter, measured outside the box. Which tells me, that the inside - at the TI chip and its heatsink - might be quite hotter...

Finally some one who has done a comparison on different voltage comparison vs sq. I have always sensed a " fear of missing out" (fomo) in this thread where everyone is worried they are missing out on something big when not running at 48v. So much hassle for that industrial PS.

abdo123

Master Contributor
Forum Donor
Finally some one who has done a comparison on different voltage comparison vs sq. I have always sensed a " fear of missing out" (fomo) in this thread where everyone is worried they are missing out on something big when not running at 48v. So much hassle for that industrial PS.

Actually I don’t give an f about SQ for 35$ amplifier, i just don’t want my speakers blown out.

Raindog123

Major Contributor
Good Luck, the tracking number they sent me was for Germany (I'm in Denver). When I asked why they said they could not ship and sent a refund.
Let us know if you do better than that.

Oh well... After yesterday's warning, I gave my order a closer look - by actually checking the provided tracking number in the YunExpress system. It revealed that "my" order just cleared customs... in Sweden. And entered Swedish local carrier system (some "SE MTD"), all that while I am in the US! After enquiring with the seller - Unitown - through amazon, they swiftly replied with a "sorry, sent to a wrong address, will refund. You can chose to repurchase." (Their listing is now $96 with no PS.)

So, this Unitown had no intention to honor their "$23" error for this mysterious Nikou 3255 amp, or to communicate the error to us. Instead they chose to lie - by providing fake tracking, and knowing that customers would raise questions... after a lost month of useless wait. "You get what you bargain for", and sometimes not even that. :)

Well, on a bright side, the original, real - Aiyima A07, sold by Yma Top - is back in stock on the Amazon, US. For $80, but with a power supply. :)

stunta

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
My curiosity got the better of me and I ordered this amp with, in a moment of brain fade, this PSU. I didn't realize this was a "bare" PSU. I am a total noob with electronics and won't be using this PSU so its going to go up for sale here on ASR.

I then ordered a cheap power brick - this from amazon. Tested the amp briefly today with my Revel M16 at low volume and I'd be surprised if I can tell the difference between this and the Hypex monoblocks I am usually using. Again, this is at low volume.

This amp is a steal but aiyima should really include an appropriate power brick with it for people like me who just want a plug-and-play solution.

Very curious how something like this dac-amp measures.

WILL

I just bought a BRZHiFi TPA3255 amp with bluetooth function.
I can tell it output a lot of power,
My volume knob at 8 o'clock and get about 60 dBs for background music in my office.

Question is that, I measure the input power and this TPA3255 only use about 3 watts.
My SMSL SA300 input wattage is measured only 1.5 watts.

How is this possible?

p.s.: My speaker is Denton 80, 86dB, 6Ω.

IMG_1461.JPG
IMG_1460.JPG

Lambda

Major Contributor
only use about 3 watts.

How is this possible?
Lower efficiency.
Maybe power supply or amp or both.

~3W is basically no load for a 2*300W amplifier so you cant really judge its efficiency by this.
its running an engine in ideal test its fuel efficiency... of cause the bigger one needs more

1617008653832.png

WILL

Thanks for the quick answer, at least I know this toy won't hurt my electric bill.

Lower efficiency.
Maybe power supply or amp or both.

~3W is basically no load for a 2*300W amplifier so you cant really judge its efficiency by this.
its running an engine in ideal test its fuel efficiency... of cause the bigger one needs more

View attachment 120945

stunta

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
My curiosity got the better of me and I ordered this amp with, in a moment of brain fade, this PSU. I didn't realize this was a "bare" PSU. I am a total noob with electronics and won't be using this PSU so its going to go up for sale here on ASR.

I then ordered a cheap power brick - this from amazon. Tested the amp briefly today with my Revel M16 at low volume and I'd be surprised if I can tell the difference between this and the Hypex monoblocks I am usually using. Again, this is at low volume.

This amp is a steal but aiyima should really include an appropriate power brick with it for people like me who just want a plug-and-play solution.

Very curious how something like this dac-amp measures.

Posted the PSU here for sale: https://www.audiosciencereview.com/forum/index.php?threads/fs-aiyima-power-supply.21899/

Toku

Major Contributor
I just bought a BRZHiFi TPA3255 amp with bluetooth function.
I can tell it output a lot of power,
My volume knob at 8 o'clock and get about 60 dBs for background music in my office.

Question is that, I measure the input power and this TPA3255 only use about 3 watts.

How is this possible?

p.s.: My speaker is Denton 80, 86dB, 6Ω.

View attachment 120932View attachment 120933
I bought two of these amps too.
This amp has great sound quality and I really like it. The effect of tone control is also very natural and useful.
However, when I was using it, one of them suddenly stopped turning on. This point is a little disappointing.
The new model seems to have evolved the design of the amplifier.

WILL

I bought two of these amps too.
This amp has great sound quality and I really like it. The effect of tone control is also very natural and useful.
However, when I was using it, one of them suddenly stopped turning on. This point is a little disappointing.
The new model seems to have evolved the design of the amplifier.

I bought this unit from Taobao, and I added one more year warranty.
Hope this unit will last 2 years and longer.

Toku

Major Contributor
I bought this unit from Taobao, and I added one more year warranty.
Hope this unit will last 2 years and longer.
By the way, how many volts do you use for the power supply voltage?
24V is printed on the rear panel, but the dealer said that it was OK up to 48V.
I used it at 30V, but one of them broke, so I lowered it to 24V now.

WILL

I bought the 24v 6a laptop power supply that they sold together with the amp.

mihvas

Guys, don't buy from Store name: AiyimaTechnology
Paid in Russia stock but arrived DOA of A07. Doesn't work. And No manual, no help. Seller is very bad.
I bought product from Russia, seller should state Russia address for return and compensate shipping, but declines.

Toku

Major Contributor
Guys, don't buy from Store name: AiyimaTechnology
Paid in Russia stock but arrived DOA of A07. Doesn't work. And No manual, no help. Seller is very bad.
I bought product from Russia, seller should state Russia address for return and compensate shipping, but declines.
You don't seem to understand much about the Chinese sales business.
Such a response is quite common in Chinese business. Due to their political environment, they apply their domestic business practices overseas as well.
We need to understand that before making a purchase.
In return, we can get the product we want at a bargain price.

Another point to keep in mind when purchasing from a Chinese retailer is
They take no responsibility for accidents in transit.

To be deceived
Worse than deceiving
The one who insists loudly is always correct.

This is what I learned by staying in China for a short time.
(Sorry, I'm not good at English.)

black_daveth

I've been using the A07 for about a week now at my desktop paired with a Meanwell LRS-350-36 (36V 9.7A).

Sounds great, certainly an audible improvement over the FX502S Pro it has displaced.

May it pump out good sound for many years to come. Thanks very much for the tip Amir, and everyone commenting here re: power supplies :)

Last edited:

Toku

Major Contributor
I've been using the A07 for about a week now at my desktop paired with a Meanwell LRS-350-36 (36V 9.7A).

Sounds great, certainly an audible improvement over the FX502S Pro it has displaced.

May it pump out good sound for many years to come. Thanks very much for the tip Amir, and everyone commenting here re: power supplies :)
I bought two FX-502S Pros more than two years ago, but the sound was clear but the sound field was so flat that I immediately sold them.
I think the sound of A07 is much better than that.
However, it may have been improved in the current sales model.

black_daveth

I bought two FX-502S Pros more than two years ago, but the sound was clear but the sound field was so flat that I immediately sold them.
I think the sound of A07 is much better than that.
However, it may have been improved in the current sales model.
yeah, I was happy enough with the FX-502S Pro for a while seeing as it, along with some Pioneer BS22s, was my first upgrade from some el cheapo Logitech speakers. Liberated me from wearing headphones in the summer lol.

the A07 has defintely bumped the performance up from adequate for YouTube and background music to a nice little near-field setup IMO.

also, if anyone is thinking the power supply is bigger than required for this use case I know, but wanted to have plenty of power to trial the A07 in my main setup*. Haven't yet however, as the current amp doesn't take banana plugs so there's some extra hassle involved.

*with a view of upgrading that to something like this: https://archimago.blogspot.com/2020/01/an-inexpensive-hi-fi-class-d-stereo-amp.html?m=1

Last edited:

wikipeterson

I have one of these on order to use for powering outdoor speakers.

I'm using this subwoofer...
Forza8

and connecting these satellites to the sub (it has a built in crossover)...

LS3

I currently am running them on a Fosi Audio TDA7498E, but the bass response isn't what I hoped it would be, so I thought the Aiyimi would give me more power.

Can someone share a link for a power supply that would get me the most power for my speakers?

Would it help to use two of these amps and use one to power the left channel and the other to power the right?

Top Bottom