• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

AIYIMA A07 TPA3255 Review (Amplifier)

Automated

A07 is unavailable from Amazon. I just set my wife up with a nearfield for her desk, Klipsch r14m and a cheap Lepai 2020, but looking to upgrade the amp for her. Anyone know if these have been coming in and out of stock? Where else can I snag this from?

infinitesymphony

Major Contributor
It seems like they're not even trying to bundle the power supplies anymore, which is a shame for the average user. Most people would have been fine with the 32V 5A supply.

Automated

It seems like they're not even trying to bundle the power supplies anymore, which is a shame for the average user. Most people would have been fine with the 32V 5A supply.
So is there a recommended power supply too? Does it going OOS suggest that a refresh of this model might be on the way? I'm fine running the Klipsch on the Lepai for a bit...

Steamrolly

Automated

I'm showing $43 for the unit alone and $70-$80 for the unit with the PS. So wondering if there's a compatible ps cheaper than $30-$40?

Steamrolly

I'm showing $43 for the unit alone and $70-$80 for the unit with the PS. So wondering if there's a compatible ps cheaper than $30-$40?
There are lots of suggestions within this thread and the other Aiyima A07 threads on this forum and an equal number of opinions of what is best. A laptop brick will most likely not have the correct voltage / amperage requirements. While 24V is the minimum, you should be using something between 32V and 48V and I believe most laptop power supplies are 19V these days.

Last edited:

abdo123

Master Contributor
Forum Donor
There are lots of suggestions within this thread and the other Aiyima A07 threads on this forum and an equal number of opinions of what is best. A laptop brick will most likely not have the correct voltage / amperage requirements. While 24V is the minimum, you should be using something between 32V and 48V and I believe most laptop power supplies are 19V these days.

Oh i didn't know there was a minimum. What would happen if you plug in something like 19V 10A into such an amp? is it risky?

I was thinking of using a laptop brick just to see how much power i need first then go all out.

Toku

Major Contributor
Oh i didn't know there was a minimum. What would happen if you plug in something like 19V 10A into such an amp? is it risky?

I was thinking of using a laptop brick just to see how much power i need first then go all out.
The power supply voltage of AIYIMA A07 is DC24-48V. Probably, if you use the 19V power supply unit used for PC, low voltage protection will work and you will not be able to use it.

somebodyelse

Major Contributor

Minimum specified supply voltage for the 3255 is 18V but the undervoltage protection doesn't cut in until 14.5V according to the datasheet. On that basis I would expect it to be marginal but workable, even if there's reverse polarity protection dropping it a bit. It's possible there's something else in the implementation around it that sets a higher limit though. Power output would obviously be limited (see datasheet again.)You could get an A04 instead - that would be better suited to the low supply voltage.

hestejoe

mihvas

I am pretty new to this game, but I am considering to get this amp as temporary solution as outlined in this thread: https://www.audiosciencereview.com/...n-a-european-country-and-back-by-plane.21690/

Can anyone tell me if there is an acceptable power supply available on amazon.de? I have looked at this one, but I am not even sure that it would fit: https://www.amazon.de/-/en/dp/B07H7ZZR7G/ref=psdc_1626220031_t3_B077K3GTJM
Low power. And bad ripple/noise block. Buy Mean Well SDR series!

Steamrolly

The following is information I have found from Aiyima regarding the A07 power supply requirements.
I have attached an image of the A07 owners manual - while the minimum voltage requirements of chip itself may be less, Aiyima shows the voltage requirements for their amp as 24v-48v. They also indicate a "DC power supply, maximum 48V" (item 7 on the first page).
On their web page for the A07 "Recommended power supply:DC48V 7.5A Power Supply "
On the Ali Express - Aiyima Technology site they offer a 32V 5A with the purchase of the amp.
Aiyima A07 Manual.jpg

hestejoe

Low power. And bad ripple/noise block. Buy Mean Well SDR series!
I appreciate the answer, but in my case, I hope to have a setup that I eventually could take with me on a plane. I am fine if I don't get 100% out of the amp but just output similar to what Amir got. After all, the amp would just have to drive some used speakers for 6 months.

abdo123

Master Contributor
Forum Donor
Top Bottom