• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Minimal sound setup for 6 months in a European country and back by plane?

hestejoe

Hi all

I am currently studying in Poland. So far I have made do with good headphones and some Logitech 2.1 set but it crapped out on me. I would like a setup at least as good that is either cheap, something can take with me or sell again hopefully without huge losses. My considerations right now are:

1) Buy some really minimum setup like Edifier R1280T
2) Some active monitors such as the JBL 305p MkII (also could one speaker perhaps still beat something like the edifier?)

... both of which I would then have to abandon/sell after some months. Another option is:

3) buy some used speakers and for instance an AIYIMA A07.

In that case of 3, I could probably take the amp with me and wouldn't even mind paying more if I could get quality for my bucks.

I probably have 6 months more here but potentially more. Which of the above 3 would you pick or are there any other obvious ideas that I am missing? Thanks for reading trough.

OP
H

hestejoe

Yes, that would be my main source (potentially via my TempoTec (sonata hd pro)), though it would also be nice to playback from a phone and such.

Helicopter

Major Contributor
I would get something very small and packable or most preferably, something used / bargain to resell later. I would probably go with the second option and keep the budget tiny.

Dj7675

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
Hi all

I am currently studying in Poland. So far I have made do with good headphones and some Logitech 2.1 set but it crapped out on me. I would like a setup at least as good that is either cheap, something can take with me or sell again hopefully without huge losses. My considerations right now are:

2) Some active monitors such as the JBL 305p MkII (also could one speaker perhaps still beat something like the edifier?)

... both of which I would then have to abandon/sell after some months. Another option is:

In that case of 3, I could probably take the amp with me and wouldn't even mind paying more if I could get quality for my bucks.

I probably have 6 months more here but potentially more. Which of the above 3 would you pick or are there any other obvious ideas that I am missing? Thanks for reading trough.
Or Adam T5V or T7V. I have the T5V on my desk and really like it. Plus it does have both balanced/unbalanced inputs. If placing the T5V near walls it has a surprising amount of bass and can play quite loud and sounds great.

sailor2005

Hi all

Where in Poland? I usually go to Bydgoszcz for month in the summer. Well..not last summer nor this one because of COVID, Can you find something in a Mediamarkt?

OP
H

hestejoe

Thank you for your replies, but I had already ordered the A07 before I got them. I now have it combined with a pair of used JAMO S406's. The resulting sound absolutely eats my old setup for breakfast. With a complete system price of 110 €, I am really satisfied.

Top Bottom