• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

AIYIMA A70 Stereo Amplifier Review

Rate this amplifier:

• 1. Poor (headless panther)

Votes: 12 3.6%
  • 2. Not terrible (postman panther)

Votes: 36 10.9%
  • 3. Fine (happy panther)

Votes: 164 49.7%
  • 4. Great (golfing panther)

Votes: 118 35.8%

• Total voters

hmt

A 480W SMPS brick sitting on shag rug under the sofa that doesn't catch fire and burn your house down is kinda important.

These outboard supplies are getting ridiculous- look at the "amplifier" and its power supply- it's stupid looking if you ask me.

But they have advantages. I am looking for a more powerful desktop amp to drive my KEF R3. Naturally the Apollon Audio et al amps are way bigger due to the internal PSU. They dont really fit on my desk but having a PSU on the ground would be OK.

laudio

The sub cutoff frequency looks like it was designed to work in a sound bar configuration, with tiny main speakers. Would be more useful if it had standard tone controls on the pre-amp.

Sokel

Master Contributor
As a side note,the numbers for heat dissipation don't add up even if I include the desk the amp is on :facepalm:
Even if the whole case works as a heatshink still would need to be about 15 times as much and way thicker.

Do the math,I have posted the calc many times.

So go easy,specially driving corrected lows,etc.

Thermal.PNG

Last edited:

JSmith

Master Contributor
There is too much BS going on here... this is a review thread about the Aiyima A70;

JSmith

Ze Frog

Addicted to Fun and Learning
A 480W SMPS brick sitting on shag rug under the sofa that doesn't catch fire and burn your house down is kinda important.

These outboard supplies are getting ridiculous- look at the "amplifier" and its power supply- it's stupid looking if you ask me.
Something you can do to ease that worry is buy a fire resistant pouch that is commonly used for charging lithium ion batteries.

I always recommend this for any kind of power brick.
71e8lAfW85L._AC_UF1000,1000_QL80_.jpg

Rottmannash

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
What matters to me in the end is to understand why Aiyima explicitly asked Amir not to test their Amp with the stock 48V/5A stock PSU and therefore we are entitled to ask ourselves questions....

I believe there is a difference in them asking @amirm to measure using the 10A power supply and them asking him "not to test their Amp with the stock 48V/5A stock PSU".

Last edited:

T&T

What I like of Aiyima, send products before going on sale, Fosi you have to wait several months like the ZA3, manipulating big time, how we knows, if what Fosi send to Amir is been touched with upgrades?
Like I said before I sold my Fosi V3 with 48 volts, the Aiyima07 Max sounds much better with Muses02 than sparkos ss3602. And I have another scarce opamp that sounds better than Muses02.

surroundman

What I like of Aiyima, send products before going on sale, Fosi you have to wait several months like the ZA3, manipulating big time, how we knows, if what Fosi send to Amir is been touched with upgrades?
Like I said before I sold my Fosi V3 with 48 volts, the Aiyima07 Max sounds much better with Muses02 than sparkos ss3602. And I have another scarce opamp that sounds better than Muses02.
I'm glad that I am not the only one noticing Fosi's recent marketing schemes. I hope Aiyima won't follow that.

UA8890

Sorry but I think you misunderstood me. That's exactly what I'm trying to do here, is get the full picture.

Topping has a bad reputation for being unreliable both product-wise and support-wise. Though I haven't seen many complaints about the PA7.

So I'm beginning to think that the bad rap is overblown. But really I'm just trying to decide if I should keep my PA7 or get an A70 instead...
I wrote to you privately, read it

Talisman

Forum Donor
If I found even rarer op amps I'm sure it would sound even better, with more melodious mids and more refined highs

Whoareyou

Forum Donor
Like NAD has a bad reputation. We weren't the only store that noticed how many NAD amplifiers (it was just amplifiers) were coming back. The local electronics repair that I visited a couple of years after was filled with the same NAD amplifiers I kept seeing. I asked about it, and he said they had some design flaws that made them fail more often than Marantz for example.

Also remember how NAD and Marantz and many premium brands released receivers that advertised HDMI 2.1 support, but they didn't even fully support it? I do. What a fucking mess that was to get that fixed. Talk having bad support....
I want reliability because it's a pain in the neck to return anything, but stuff breaks. Of larger concern should be the ability to return and/or get a product repaired, under warranty or out of warranty.
I wish there was some way to capture that information in the "measurement" data, but it's not really possible.

shuppatsu

If I were running ASR I would allow that term. But I’m not, Amir is. This is not a critical free speech issue. It’s a tempest in a teapot and there’s trade-offs either way.

I used the term once in a non-derogatory context and was politely asked to stop. I did. My personal freedom index did not plummet.

Spocko

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
Just imagine where we'll be in 3 years! It's amazing the level of performance for the price and I for one look forward to the next generation of $300 (lol with inflation) Class D amps.

Ze Frog

Just imagine where we'll be in 3 years! It's amazing the level of performance for the price and I for one look forward to the next generation of $300 (lol with inflation) Class D amps.
It certainly seems Class D has opened up a future whereby greatness can be had at extremely reasonable cost.

sejarzo

Forum Donor

Is that a worthwhile goal for manufacturers at this point? We're already at the level of noise and distortion that's a couple of magnitudes lower than that of speakers.

Sure, load dependency with a 1 dB rise at 20 kHz looks bad on a graph, but how many users can discern it in use?

What improvements in that next generation would justify added R&D by the makers that results in audible improvement?

I'd be fine with improved reliability. Makes no sense to me to buy something from a maker that has had repeated quality issues.

GXAlan

Major Contributor
Forum Donor

the good thing is that with REW, Multitone, E1DA Cosmos ADC, and RME’s ADCs, end users can verify performance.

I echo what you say about MUSES02. Although the spec is not that great, my measurements do show that it measures well:

Reactions: T&T

Multicore

Major Contributor
It is a design bug. There is a microprocessor in the loadbox which communicates with the PC to change the loads. As soon as I connect the ground on one channel to anything that is above zero, the box stops communicating. So the loads are fine. It is the control around it that for some reason stops working.
Yes, that does sound like a design error. It seems reasonable that loudspeakers should work with what is, iiuc, in effect differential drive from the amp. So why not a load box?

What's the connection to the PC? USB?

Last edited:
Top Bottom