• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Yamaha R-N2000A network receiver

UncleFungus

The R-N2000A panels are wood, they're just covered in layers of black piano gloss paint. Perhaps it could be sanded and re-finished?

I test fitted the A-S1100 panels to my R-N2000A and they fit perfectly. However I can't find any way to purchase the panels separately :(

RubyMonday

The R-N2000A panels are wood, they're just covered in layers of black piano gloss paint. Perhaps it could be sanded and re-finished?

I test fitted the A-S1100 panels to my R-N2000A and they fit perfectly. However I can't find any way to purchase the panels separately :(

When I enquired about spare panels for an A-S3000 I was put in touch with these:
Email - [email protected]
Website - http://www.sontec.co.uk/parts

JaccoW

I just got a quote from them for one piano black panel for an A-S2100 and it was £148.84. Hmmmm.
That's not as bad as I was expecting. £300 for the pair it seems. Not bad for a €2000-2500 amplifier. Having them custom made is probably a similar price.

OP
O

Overseas

Major Contributor
Maybe I can manage to convert my RN803D to 2000A, keep the chassis and fool everybody.

tbokris

Variable loudness should have been something found on the A-S1200. And i think it should be the variable loudness knob that's remote controlled. Or maybe a switch that changes from volume to loudness control.

Sadly, most don't understand it's value.
I’m currently shopping for a new amp and only considering ones with a loudness switch or dial. It is essential for low level listening and I agree, no one gives it the respect it deserves. Every amp should have one

OP
O

Overseas

Major Contributor
I do not understand why only the receivers from Yamaha get the loudness function and not the amps.

TheBatsEar

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
I do not understand why only the receivers from Yamaha get the loudness function and not the amps.
Well, amps below A-S1200 have it. I guess there is someone in the marketing department that said loudness isn't "audiophile" enough.

Paspolc

Do you think the pairing with the Elac dbr62s is a good audio solution? Or does it need more high end speakers?

Thanks for your help.
Pasquale.

Last edited:
OP
O

Overseas

Major Contributor
I may be good enough for you. But usually the budget should go more to speakers then to the amplifier. Bookshelf rather affordable 2 way speaker... Do you intend to add a subwoofer?

mhardy6647

Grand Contributor
Welcome to this place of insanity and useless spending. :cool:

Do you have pics? So far i have seen only the marketing pictures, nothing in the wild.

Here is my heap of old aluminium, got the entire series complete, took me almost two years because i'm stingy and bought all of it used:
View attachment 259171
View attachment 259170

We have a panther rating here. Relaxed panther means it's good.
View attachment 259169
1682279851413.png

:cool:

Paspolc

I may be good enough for you. But usually the budget should go more to speakers then to the amplifier. Bookshelf rather affordable 2 way speaker... Do you intend to add a subwoofer?
I actually have a Yamaha rn803 with Elac dbr62 and a subwoofer. It would be an upgrade of the amplifier at first.

OP
O

Overseas

Major Contributor
I have RN803D + Focal Aria 906.
Also Yamaha AS1100 + Triangle Australe EZ.
No doubt 1100 sounds better, more impressive than 803, but better/ 3 way speakers will use much more of the amp capabilities.
I see, you mean to upgrade the 803, same brand. For sure it's worth the money but I would say you do not need it unless you also plan some 'heavy' speakers (as in quite expensive Focals, Triangle or the same... I am in Europe).

Paspolc

I have RN803D + Focal Aria 906.
Also Yamaha AS1100 + Triangle Australe EZ.
No doubt 1100 sounds better, more impressive than 803, but better/ 3 way speakers will use much more of the amp capabilities.
I see, you mean to upgrade the 803, same brand. For sure it's worth the money but I would say you do not need it unless you also plan some 'heavy' speakers (as in quite expensive Focals, Triangle or the same... I am in Europe).
Thanks for replying. You mean , to simplify, that i wouldn't notice too much of a difference with the same speakers?

OP
O

Overseas

Major Contributor
Basically yes, but I am no expert.
Comparing my amps, from AS1100 to Aiyima 07, the difference is rather smaller as I test with low end speakers.
On the other hand, it is a crazy downward spiral you know, speakers asking for better amp, then new amp asking for new speakers and so on...
I am a fan of big 3 way standfloors. But bookshelves with sw are also a complete solution and Rn803d also has Ypao with bass management, why change?

OP
O

Overseas

Major Contributor
I am happy to bi-wire my speakers, for ex. I believe there is some effect.

Top Bottom