• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Yamaha AS 3200 does not sound as good as Yamaha r-n2000a

TheBatsEar

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
in Yamaha line, over AS2200 it is surely overkill
In my opinion, if amplification is all you need and you don't have particularly power hungry speakers, everything newer or pricier than the R-S700 for 200€ is overkill (same power supply and power amp as the A-S701/R-N803d/R-N1000A).
But we like nice and shiny things, so ...
PXL_20211013_205703648.jpg

dualazmak

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
But we like nice and shiny things, so ...
(Me too, I am sorry to be out of the scope of this thread, though.... Let me follow you with one of my photos.)
Essentially agree, especially "nice" (excellent as audio gear) and shiny (I understand it as aesthetically beautiful and acceptable at least for me and my wife) things.

Just for all of your reference, I use Yamaha A-S3000 driving woofers, Accuphase E-460 driving midrange-squawkers, Sony TA-A1ES driving tweeters, and Yamaha A-S301 driving supertweeters (ref. here), the amp selections are based on my policy of "right-person-in-right-place"; all these wonderful four HiFi integrated amplifiers work so nicely in my multichannel audio rig having also Yamaha YST-SW1000 L&R subwoofers. Main SP is fully active (DIY renovated eliminating LCR-network and bypassing attenuators) Yamaha NS-1000 plus FOSTEX T925A supertweeters.
WS00005894 (1).JPG

Overseas

Major Contributor
Not really, not me. Gimme a shoebox that 'sounds' great, no bling bling. I went to Yamaha AS1100 looking for sound it to me it is over other amps I had (sorry, ASR). The day it will constantly sound to me the same with Aiyima or Loxjie, I will sell it for a profit.

Top Bottom