• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

WiiM Mini Streamer

morillon

Major Contributor
what gives you on ios or android this new "recently played" "beta"?
no bug if try to go back to things shown?
;-)

Acerun

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
I can't believe how good everything sounds on all of my equipment, headphones and speakers playing through the WiiM. One "empirical" example for me was playing "Fading Sun" with it's really DEEP bass notes via my RME and Dan Clark Ether Flow headphones. At good volume the left speaker would crackle a little on the deepest notes when played with Amazon Music via Firestick. With the WiiM, that crackle has disappeared with the more accurate signal. Loving it.

Ralph_Cramden

Major Contributor
Anyone else having problems with Spotify Connect(ing) to the WiiM Mini today? Was working fine a day or two ago, have tried several times today; Spotify just sits there "Connecting..." with the icon flashing, but never completes the connection. Rebooted the Mini a couple of times.

Opened a ticket with WiiM.

Edit: OK, 60 seconds after opening a ticket, it connects just fine. :facepalm: I'm guessing Spotify was having issues today, not WiiM...

Smartplug

Addicted to Fun and Learning
Anyone else having problems with Spotify Connect(ing) to the WiiM Mini today? Was working fine a day or two ago, have tried several times today; Spotify just sits there "Connecting..." with the icon flashing, but never completes the connection. Rebooted the Mini a couple of times.

Opened a ticket with WiiM.

Edit: OK, 60 seconds after opening a ticket, it connects just fine. :facepalm: I'm guessing Spotify was having issues today, not WiiM...
After amazon hd become official and not beta I wonder what’s their next mission of music streaming services that they will focus

Music1969

Major Contributor
I mentioned having dropouts with my router using DNS over TLS (DoT).

So I had to disable DoT and I've had no dropouts with WiiM for 5 days

But with latest WiiM Home app I can tell it to use 8.8.8.8 and it now works fine even if my router is set to DoT

Just in case anyone has issues and is using DoT

Smartplug

Addicted to Fun and Learning
No issues here with iOS 15.5 for me.

Are you running the new WiiM Home app that came out couple days ago? v2.0.1

I'll keep an eye on it and report back if something comes up
It only happen using universal search, yes I’m using latest apps

thomasward00

Re installed the Wiim app yesterday, restarted phone and Wiim and Amazon only plays at 16/44...
No 24 bit for me yet.

morillon

Major Contributor
maybe just "solidify" wiim home and kindly debug it with the different service providers .... ensure the possibility of being able to transit on the wiim with the native applications of the different actors.

and things about everyone:
bring up the famous input bitrate....
debug "eq" mode.
and create the promised "eq" customizable "racing" 10 bands ( "q"too?)...

??
;-)

Last edited:

Music1969

Major Contributor
Allmusic.com offers all the recommendations, reviews, bios, similar albums/artists, new releases, credits, etc. that seem to be the things Roon users rave about. You can save albums in your collection, and see professional and user ratings. Get rid of all ads and speed up performance for just $12/year. A real bargain.

Also, for many albums, you can click on the album link on the Allmusic web page, and start playing it. Just have the Amazon Music app running in the background, connected to your WiiM.

Screenshot 2022-06-13 8.34.33 AM.png

I just bought the Allmusic $12 subscription and it works fantastically well

It opens Amazon Music app on iPad and starts playing the album directly - bitperfectly to WiiM Mini

Great solution - who needs Roon !

Brantome

Major Contributor
Re installed the Wiim app yesterday, restarted phone and Wiim and Amazon only plays at 16/44...
No 24 bit for me yet.
Have you selected amazon music from the Wiim app and under settings there, toggled on the hd/uhd beta. I had already done this, but when I went to that page, I had to allow permissions and then saw mine had been toggled off. Maybe something to keep an eye on in case this is a minor bug in the WiiM app.

Attachments

• E65E3865-0ABA-4AB5-A63C-4667AD86E8A7.jpeg
    E65E3865-0ABA-4AB5-A63C-4667AD86E8A7.jpeg
    61.7 KB · Views: 72

Brantome

Major Contributor
I just bought the Allmusic $12 subscription and it works fantastically well

It opens Amazon Music app on iPad and starts playing the album directly - bitperfectly to WiiM Mini

Great solution - who needs Roon !
I found it sometimes it didn’t open on my iPad if I wasn”t on the amazon music app opening page, but that was just an occasional minor inconvenience…

Music1969

Major Contributor
No, it's just a simple Python hack, not interested in donations. Hopefully someone will fork it and add to it, perhaps some touchscreen functions and different screen resolutions. Ideally, though, one of the great DAC companies (@JohnYang1997) will build the Linkplay modules, now that they're bit-perfect, into a nice streamer with display.
Noted you're not interested in donations.

Is it simple enough to just make the bitdepth and sample rate numbers 3 or 4 times bigger? Just for visibility from 10 ft back?

Everything else is definitely good as is.

Last edited:
Top Bottom