• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

WiiM Mini Streamer

Witterings

If I'm playing Multiroom I get click in between every track ... does anybody else get this.

It doesn't happen when just playing to a single device.

Beco

What bit rate option should I choose during setup of wiim mini when using spdif with Tidal or deezer 16 bit 44.1 or 24 bit 192

rarewolf

What bit rate option should I choose during setup of wiim mini when using spdif with Tidal or deezer 16 bit 44.1 or 24 bit 192

I have it set at 24/192 for streaming from my JRiver library. No problems with audio quality, so far…

morillon

Major Contributor

Attachments

• Screenshot_20230305_085917_WiiM Home.jpg
    Screenshot_20230305_085917_WiiM Home.jpg
    226.4 KB · Views: 120

Ralph_Cramden

Major Contributor
New app for iOS. BBC radio added (at least I don’t remember it being available outside of TuneIn before). Also, I rarely use my NAS, but I don’t remember album covers being supported before either.

187B5186-DE6B-4BB8-ACCC-8BCCCB585198.png

Witterings

I've signed up fpr a trial with Qobuz and the highest sample rate I seem to get from the WiiM App is 44.1 ... is that right, I though they went up to 192?

ModDIY

Addicted to Fun and Learning
I've signed up fpr a trial with Qobuz and the highest sample rate I seem to get from the WiiM App is 44.1 ... is that right, I though they went up to 192?
Have you configured in Wiim Home, the sampling rate has 192 of the toslink output?

Witterings

Did you select hi-res option in the Qobuz section of WiiM app?

I didn't realise there was an option in the Qobuz section, I'll have a look this evening and make sure that's enabled ... thank you!

Have you configured in Wiim Home, the sampling rate has 192 of the toslink output?

Yes I have done that, I've been using Amazon HD for a few months and getting 192 but thought I'd see if alternatives sound any different / better.

I keep seeing posts saying Amazon HD doesn't sound great, I'm not sure if that's people just a bit anti the Amazon giant or bias from Audiophiles who have maybe have seen Tidal / Qobuz as more serious for the HiFi enthusiast over the years so therefore consider Amazon as inferior.

Think I may get frustrated with Qobuz though as you can't cast from it's App and have to use the WiiM one.

Brantome

Major Contributor
Think I may get frustrated with Qobuz though as you can't cast from it's App and have to use the WiiM one.
With the WiiM Pro, you can use Chromecast to cast from the Qobuz app up to 24/96 (the Qobuz app deliberately caps Chromecast at that)

Brantome

Major Contributor
I keep seeing posts saying Amazon HD doesn't sound great, I'm not sure if that's people just a bit anti the Amazon giant or bias from Audiophiles who have maybe have seen Tidal / Qobuz as more serious for the HiFi enthusiast over the years so therefore consider Amazon as inferior.
Yeah, that and the availability of bit perfect Amazon Music support (including casting) till WiiM came along. I have Linn gear and the preference from my dealer has been Qobuz and Roon with scant regard for anything else…

Ken Tajalli

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
I have a problem with wiim mini.
It turns out that wiim home app can send streaming services (some at least) to wiim mini.
But I can not make any browser accessed streaming audio to be routed to it.
I also have room correction setup with my Jriver. Although Jriver can easily play to wiim mini, playing local files, but streaming from internet is out of question.
Anybody knows how it can be done?

Brantome

Major Contributor
I have a problem with wiim mini.
It turns out that wiim home app can send streaming services (some at least) to wiim mini.
But I can not make any browser accessed streaming audio to be routed to it.
I also have room correction setup with my Jriver. Although Jriver can easily play to wiim mini, playing local files, but streaming from internet is out of question.
Anybody knows how it can be done?
You can use Stream What You Hear to present your pc audio as a webstream, and use the Open Network Stream feature in the WiiM app to play that stream. The more recent version of SWYH can also direct the audio to a UPNP renderer like the Wiim devices.

Witterings

With the WiiM Pro, you can use Chromecast to cast from the Qobuz app up to 24/96 (the Qobuz app deliberately caps Chromecast at that)

Firstly for some reason it's now started working via the WiiM App and managed to play some tracks @ 192 but I really don't like using the WiiM App.
I've downloaded the Qobuz App onto my Android phone which I've tested with my Chromecast Audio and it works BUT my tablet which I normally use for music is too old for the Qobuz App and my PC which I'd use as an alternative doesn't have the option to cast to Chromecast devices so going round in circles a bit :facepalm:

Yeah, that and the availability of bit perfect Amazon Music support (including casting) till WiiM came along. I have Linn gear and the preference from my dealer has been Qobuz and Roon with scant regard for anything else…

Have you ever compared the two, be interested to hear what other's opinions are and if one genuinely is better sound quality than the other.

Interesting as well, I've spoke to a lot of dealers over the last couple of months, and I mean A LOT .... in my search for speakers, the normal questions are what are you pairing it with and what's your source ...... virtually without exception none of them had heard of the WiiM which I've been shocked at as you would have thought they'd be "In The Know" of what other equipment's out there.

Does anyone know how easy it is to cast Tidal and Deezer to the WiiM's and can you do it from their native Apps?

Last edited:

ModDIY

Addicted to Fun and Learning
Does anyone know how easy it is to cast Tidal and Deezer to the WiiM's and can you do it from their native Apps?
I don't think you can do it with the Deezer app, but with Tidal Connect no problem.

Brantome

Major Contributor
I don't think you can do it with the Deezer app, but with Tidal Connect no problem.
There is a feature in Deezer that purports to be a Connect mechanism but I understand it’s more a remote control for another Deezer app running elsewhere, and as the WiiM devices don’t run the Deezer app it’s of no use to WiiM users.

Ken Tajalli

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
You can use Stream What You Hear to present your pc audio as a webstream, and use the Open Network Stream feature in the WiiM app to play that stream. The more recent version of SWYH can also direct the audio to a UPNP renderer like the Wiim devices.

I replied to this on Wiim forum, here is a copy.

Interesting development!
I can not get SWYH to stream to wiim mini, it tries but then nothing happens.
So then, I setup the jriver on my PC to act as a UPNP renderer.
SWYH does see it, and can play to it at 24/192 !!
Any glitches, and jriver renderer crashes, but for the most part, it works.
So I got to do, what I wanted to do, but sadly without the wiim.
Unless you can tell me how to make SWYH to send to wiim mini direct.
Never the less, thanx.

Witterings

Thought I'd post this just for other people's interest.

I've done a load of testing tonight going between Qobuz cast to Chromecast Audio and playing from within the WiiM App and using the Amazon Music App and I believe there's a very slight loss of detail casting from the Amazon App to a WiiM which you don't get casting from the Amazon App or Qubuz to a Chromecast audio ... it also doesn't happen when playing Amazon Music from within the WiiM App.

These are just very initial impressions and I could be wrong but certainly the bass just seems to lose that slight bit of punch.

Top Bottom