• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

WiiM Mini Streamer

wacomme

I thought that the PEQ EQ would be available as a Mini update on 1/31/2023. What happened?

Gallowaystx

FYI, I have an Amazon Echo Link and I have the same latency and disconnect issues too. This seems like an Amazon Music API issue rather than the WiiM device.
I too am having Amazon problems- it’s made it largely unusable (for Amazon streaming that is). Spotify works just fine.

Any sign of a fix from either party?

derek13

I too am having Amazon problems- it’s made it largely unusable (for Amazon streaming that is). Spotify works just fine.

Any sign of a fix from either party?
For what its worth I was having problems withe Amazon Music a few weeks ago - it either paused for 20-30 seconds or skipped to the next track before the end of the current track. I tried reinstalling everthing but it didn't improve. Then after 2-3 weeks it cured itself and has behaved fine since.

thibodeaux

For what its worth I was having problems withe Amazon Music a few weeks ago - it either paused for 20-30 seconds or skipped to the next track before the end of the current track. I tried reinstalling everthing but it didn't improve. Then after 2-3 weeks it cured itself and has behaved fine since.
I've had a very similar experience several times with AM and WIIM - WIIM update causes decreased reliability and usability for several days/weeks (since last update), then all the sudden the issues seem to resolve themselves. I assume this is an Amazon issue.

derek13

I've had a very similar experience several times with AM and WIIM - WIIM update causes decreased reliability and usability for several days/weeks (since last update), then all the sudden the issues seem to resolve themselves. I assume this is an Amazon issu
This also occurs sometimes with my Alexa devices (playing natively) so I do think it’s an Amazon Music issue

Gyroscopics

Does anyone have any problem with Wiim Pro not going into standby mode? I set it to 2 mins in the Wiim app, but still doesn't work. I usually put my Wiim devices (mini included) behind smart plugs but wanted to try my Wiim Pro to act like one and trigger my amps on demand.

rarewolf

Does anyone have any problem with Wiim Pro not going into standby mode? I set it to 2 mins in the Wiim app, but still doesn't work. I usually put my Wiim devices (mini included) behind smart plugs but wanted to try my Wiim Pro to act like one and trigger my amps on demand.

I believe whether, or not, the WiiM goes to standby depends somehow on being released by what’s using it.

What is using it?

Jpdelaney.tml

Wiim mini new FW fixes Amazon Music play pause issue. Had for a while. Seem better, normal action.

rarewolf

Apple Music via Airplay 2

I have to admit to using Android apps, but if I quit the player …no, even if the playlist ends, my DAC (Topping) will go to standby after 15-20sec.

Just for knowing what’s not working one of two things should tell you what’s hanging onto the WiiM… killing the Apple Music app, and if that doesn’t release the WiiM, try temporarily disabling Airplay

#HTH

Brantome

Major Contributor
Their marketing folks, as marketing folks always tend to be, were overly optimistic.
Yeah, I believe WiiM have said that they want to devote the new few releases to bug fixes and stability improvements which is not a bad idea at all

Brantome

Major Contributor

Attachments

• DE95E8AD-5687-41C3-AF13-BF9EBD3D55EE.jpeg
    DE95E8AD-5687-41C3-AF13-BF9EBD3D55EE.jpeg
    280.1 KB · Views: 123

Brantome

Major Contributor
Don't know what it may have changed / fixed ... but I'm sure whatever was intended it'd cause another completely different issue elsewhere as they have zero interest in testing their updates properly prior to release but just seem to regard their customers as cheap guinea pig testers.

You only have to look at the recent issue with pause taking so long to work .... they really need to change their ethics prior to releaing supposed updates which often cause more issues than they resolve.
You probably saw on their community forum that they’re devoting the next few releases to bug fixes and have put in another gatekeeper to check for re introduction of bugs etc. It won’t please those who are demanding ever more new features but hopefully will help stabilise the firmware.

rmsanger

Still having some issue with Wiim Pro and Amazon... A bit of a latency delay when skipping tracks or albums. I also sometimes have an issue where I fast forward a song and either it starts playing but muted or it will just restart the song. The final issue is sometimes I pause streaming and walk away then I have to reconnect wiim device to my phone but it will fail.

Gallowaystx

Woof- unusable today.

Spotify will not connect to it (can see it), Apple Music plays for 2-3 seconds and stops, Amazon remains just as unusable as before with tracks stopping after a few seconds.

This is disappointing because for the first three weeks I had it it was flawless. It’s getting worse every day.

imral3

Woof- unusable today.

Spotify will not connect to it (can see it), Apple Music plays for 2-3 seconds and stops, Amazon remains just as unusable as before with tracks stopping after a few seconds.

This is disappointing because for the first three weeks I had it it was flawless. It’s getting worse every day.

I'm experiencing no issues streaming AMHD. I play full albums only, using the Amazon Music app on a dedicated fire tablet. No repeated skipping, pausing, etc. Not sure of your usage scenario.

Gallowaystx

Update - this was not a wiim problem after all. My mesh router (Linksys velop) was having problems and it’s been solved.

All is well in wiim land and amhd seems to be working fine.

Ralph_Cramden

Major Contributor

The WiiM Mini started popping up on my radar after being mentioned on Audio Science Review
There is one solution for Raspberry Pi that absolutely works like clockwork, and that is Roon. If you are an audio sicko, Roon is the gold standard. It’s a subscription service that takes your existing music library, meticulously organizes all your files with gorgeous art, then makes them easily accessible and streaming in the highest fidelity possible, both multiroom locally and over the cloud. This is all supported by RAAT (Roon Advanced Audio Transport) and is basically AirPlay for guys who own $20,000 JBL Speakers from the 1960s. It’s like if PlexAmp was good, and it even works with Raspberry Pis! The problem is that while I have immense respect for Roon Labs, under no circumstances am I paying for a service that just plays my own FLACs.
ROFL

Last edited:
Top Bottom