• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

WiiM Mini Streamer

Jpdelaney.tml

Let the forum know when toslink out goes back to …good night;)

Attachments

• (4) WiiM Mini Review (Streamer)  Audio Science R….png.png
    (4) WiiM Mini Review (Streamer) Audio Science R….png.png
    596.1 KB · Views: 82

Brantome

Major Contributor
I wonder how long is shortly if it’s this week.
You should know that “shortly” can mean anything in this thread - basically when the WiiM team get round to implementing it in amongst the ton of other enhancements they keep producing :)

Patience you must have, my young Padawan ;)

Brantome

Major Contributor
Anyone else having issues playing Amazon Music Unlimited user playlists from the WiiM app where other tracks not in the playlist are being added during playback?

I’m very aware of the recent changes to Amazon Music Prime where there’s been an uproar about playlists/ albums etc being shuffled and “similar“ tracks being played instead, but this shouldn’t impact Unlimited subscribers even though I also subscribe to Prime.

Anyone else in the same boat and come across this? I’ve raised a ticket with WiiM just in case it’s something they can influence, or indeed whether it’s anything to do with their latest firmware update and their adding of “the entire album and playlist to the play queue for Amazon music”.

Smartplug

Addicted to Fun and Learning
Anyone else having issues playing Amazon Music Unlimited user playlists from the WiiM app where other tracks not in the playlist are being added during playback?

I’m very aware of the recent changes to Amazon Music Prime where there’s been an uproar about playlists/ albums etc being shuffled and “similar“ tracks being played instead, but this shouldn’t impact Unlimited subscribers even though I also subscribe to Prime.

Anyone else in the same boat and come across this? I’ve raised a ticket with WiiM just in case it’s something they can influence, or indeed whether it’s anything to do with their latest firmware update and their adding of “the entire album and playlist to the play queue for Amazon music”.
You have too much time on your hand. I hardly being home to listen to wiim.

morillon

Major Contributor
on the other hand, since deezer doesn't work.. that's all I have left to do...measure...
:eek::eek::facepalm::cool::p
;-)
(
but OK
I have left during my mesureaments...
the radio
the cds
vinyl records
and..... the chromecast.... ;-))) )

imral3

I know, how dare I use the WiiM to just listen to music rather than measure it :p:D:p

Well said! I too continue to listen and enjoy AMHD (full albums) music on my Wiim daily. I do wish the fix would come so the signal flows through the Wiim unmolested. There's plenty molesting of sound being done by my DAC, preamp, main amps, speakers, DSP, powered subs, room and ears. ;)

RosalieTheDog

I wonder how the device handles the Chromecast implementation. I use Tidal, so I can expect to see the Wiim Pro twice in my app? (As a chromecast device and as a Tidal connect device?) This is not very userfriendly for families. What if Chromecast is used in one app, can it switch easily to Tidal Connect? How would it handle all of that?

Ralph_Cramden

Major Contributor
I wonder how the device handles the Chromecast implementation. I use Tidal, so I can expect to see the Wiim Pro twice in my app? (As a chromecast device and as a Tidal connect device?) This is not very userfriendly for families. What if Chromecast is used in one app, can it switch easily to Tidal Connect? How would it handle all of that?
A non-issue here. Different icons, different names (which you have control over). No big.

Jpdelaney.tml

All I want is the remote for my mini and Undistorted AMUHD. How could the Pro sound better? Don’t need Ethernet, unlimited Wi-Fi alway works for my Mini.
How much is the remote?

Brantome

Major Contributor
All I want is the remote for my mini and Undistorted AMUHD. How could the Pro sound better? Don’t need Ethernet, unlimited Wi-Fi alway works for my Mini.
How much is the remote?
The Remote is conspicuous by its absence on that link. I’m sure it’s been said the Pro would come with a remote.

nerone

Does the new Pro version have the same Internal dac as the current WiiM?
Thank you

Top Bottom