• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

WiiM Mini Streamer

onlyoneme

Major Contributor
Sorry for the basic nature of this question...I'm considering getting a pair of headphones (maybe Sennheiser 650 or HifiMan Sundara).

Would I be able to plug them directly into the Wiim aux out and drive the phones satisfactorily? Has anyone tried this? And would I be able to apply EQ using the Wiim app?
Yes, you can apply EQ in the WiiM app.
Regarding headphones direct connection... Some people did that and had said that quality was fine. Sundaras are rather easy to be driven.
I'm pretty sure not everyone will be satisfied with the sound quality of such connection. WiiM's DA conversion is not the best. Impedance of line out differs from the impedance of real headphone output you have in the headphone amplifiers.

morillon

Major Contributor
I find it a pity that there have not been more reactions on the wiim forum to encourage them to fix this firmware bug quickly...
;-)

Ralph_Cramden

Major Contributor
I find it a pity that there have not been more reactions on the wiim forum to encourage them to fix this firmware bug quickly...
;-)
They've said they know the root cause, and it will be fixed this week.

morillon

Major Contributor
They've said they know the root cause, and it will be fixed this week.
i waiting deezer "for this week" since february, and their had expressed problems of saturation on the eq mode from the spring ... that they announce precisely to settle in this famous firmware
so...maybe encourage them nicely and politely won't be lost..
even if it is about brantome which is shown in my opinion the most effective
;-)

morillon

Major Contributor
I have already said ... just in reaction to the dythirambe ..
and in fact I bought this wiim like you, me for deezer ... but have never really taken advantage of it, for the moment ..
how would you react to the weekly promises of "soon"?

but don't worry, I say it with a smile, the subject not very serious, the inexpensive object etc... and I never insulted them etc... and rather tried to move things forward positively...
like with this rather important bug that I discovered....
each one in his own way
;-)
at the price of the hour devoted to this little wiim ... I could have bought tens of them
hehe
;-)
(and I find it more honest of me to warn people who may be interested in the wiim in the context of deezer ... right?
not a bit the role of this kind of thread?
the info will lose more in a few messages...)
I repeat without any hope that it will make them "move" ... not to put pressure.
;-)

Last edited:

morillon

Major Contributor
I understand it very well .. (even if personally it was that I was embarrassed to listen which made me realize these measurements)
but then let's stop talking about ultrahd etc etc even in the kitchen etc..."bit perfect at 141db use with a dac at 123db of sinad!!"" ;-) (personally, I've never done it)

It's been months since the pressure has been put on this kind of thing..??
So maybe a little consistency?
or can we recognize that these expectations are "in principle"?
in this case...
this bug must be fixed .. in principle, right?
;-)

but I read your comment on the forum and found it very fair
;-)

Last edited:

Michou

I understand it very well .. (even if personally it was that I was embarrassed to listen which made me realize these measurements)
but then let's stop talking about ultrahd etc etc even in the kitchen etc..."bit perfect at 141db use with a dac at 123db of sinad!!"" ;-) (personally, I've never done it)

in this case...
;-)

;-)
Sorry for sounding cavalier but, being myself a French speaker, bearing witness to your constant bitching in hard to understand pedantic Googlish is real torture. This has gone on for far too long. Your skewed, convoluted arguments are a great loss of bandwidth. Your French, by the way, is full of typos and spelling mistakes. How old are you? Chill out, get a grip and try to focus out just a bit! Peace and Love, enjoy your music...

Last edited:

Silver Chips

in this case...
;-)

;-)
You do realize this is not a $3,000+ streamer? It's only $89.00 and the staff at Wiim can literally only do so much, in fact it's pretty amazing how much they've put up with so far; they've been trying to accommodate everyone's technical needs, complaints and formats (which is impossible); they've done an excellent job so far but lets be realistic, there's only so much they can do. Some here are expecting to get blood from a rock from Wiim, the hardware and all the tech support they've been doing is all for under $90. This thread should be more constructive, helpful and realistic of what has been done and what is possible. I'm sure there's other streamers out there for you to get that may accommodate your needs better.

Also: Perhaps more praise should be given to Wiim?

onlyoneme

Major Contributor
You do realize this is not a $3,000+ streamer? It's only $89.00 and the staff at Wiim can literally only do so much, in fact it's pretty amazing how much they've put up with so far; they've been trying to accommodate everyone's technical needs, complaints and formats (which is impossible); they've done an excellent job so far but lets be realistic, there's only so much they can do. Some here are expecting to get blood from a rock from Wiim, the hardware and all the tech support they've been doing is all for under $90. This thread should be more constructive, helpful and realistic of what has been done and what is possible. I'm sure there's other streamers out there for you to get that may accommodate your needs better.

Also: Perhaps more praise should be given to Wiim?
I'm really surprised that you consider this thread to be constructive not enough...

Michou

I'm really surprised that you consider this thread to be constructive not enough...
This is not about subjectionist against objectionists, this is about a thread of negative vibes and flatearthers constantly looking at and obsessing over an half-full glass.

Last edited:

morillon

Major Contributor
what?

the wiim and especially its support has done a great job to answer a good number of "promises" made (and not necessarily the easiest to achieve)

but does not prohibit warning people for the specific case of deezer.. which has never worked...
Nope?

and that fortuitously the current firmware and since 12/10 poses a problem of distortions in certain conditions...
but that the support is aware, and it should be quickly, we hope, resolved

we are further from dishonesty than denying it or knowingly putting it under the rug...

Last edited:

onlyoneme

Major Contributor
This is not about subjectionist against objectionists, this is about a thread of negative vibes and flatearthers looking and obsessing at an half-empty glass.
I am so sorry that plenty of people act as beta testers here instead of creating endless poems about WiiM's greatness... All those to let the puck we really like constantly improve.

Michou

I am so sorry that plenty of people act as beta testers here instead of creating endless poems about WiiM's greatness... All those to let the puck we really like constantly improve.
As good as it gets. Loosen up. It does its job for the most, they stand behind their products, fail sometimes while we've spend less than one family dinner at McDonald's. Fair?

Last edited:

onlyoneme

Major Contributor
I'm so glad that there are people here including myself who do not share this kind of approach. Over and out.

Jpdelaney.tml

Here is a simple test for the distortion using iPhone audio (car) app FFT analysis with 1 kHz tone. I see the harmonic spikes with mini AM stream but not on fire stick same AM tone. Sent to Wiim.

Attachments

• Screenshot 2022-11-07 at 7.44.03 PM.png
    Screenshot 2022-11-07 at 7.44.03 PM.png
    195.9 KB · Views: 44
  • Screenshot 2022-11-07 at 7.50.50 PM.png
    Screenshot 2022-11-07 at 7.50.50 PM.png
    200.2 KB · Views: 49

Jpdelaney.tml

16 bit, 44.1 btw. Variable volume = 100

This one fixed volume and distortion not there through Wiim to DAC???

Attachments

• 98EAF9D1-575F-494E-B960-38BDC8E37C83.png
    98EAF9D1-575F-494E-B960-38BDC8E37C83.png
    247.3 KB · Views: 52
Top Bottom