• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

WiiM Mini Streamer

Ralph_Cramden

Major Contributor
I think we should provide your test results on the RME forum in the thread where I was discussing the possibility of passing RME test despite heavy distortions. I'm pretty sure users there will not be happy...
Go for it. I'm not a member there.

Ralph_Cramden

Major Contributor

onlyoneme

Major Contributor
Next, created a 1KHz pure sine test file at -0.2dB, played the same way through the WiiM->RME->rec

The RME showed -1.1dB, not -0.2, and there is some distortion.

~/pyAudioTest-master$ python3 thdcalculator.py testout-0.2.wav 1000 5 10
filename = testout-0.2.wav
freq = 1000, t1 = 5, t2 = 10
frame rate = 44100, channel = 2
shape = (2, 1228800), dim = 1228800, sample_rate = 44100 channels = 2
track length = 27.86 seconds
low_freq = 10.0, max_freq = 1000.0
low_freq = 10.0, max_freq = 1000.0
channel 1: thd = 0.131 %
channel 2: thd = 0.131 %

Apparently not enough for my ears to hear, but there it is. WiiM, I'm sure, will fix this in the next firmware release.

No ridiculously outdated, insecure JRE required, just bog standard Linux tools. ;) I do hope REW will update that requirement at some point.
Can you also post this recorded file?

morillon

Major Contributor
now we have to wait for the efforts of wiim linkplay
ps
which is a shame.. it's that this firmware 10/11 had to fix a problem, it even announced it.. but not only didn't fix it but also created an obvious one in no eq mode..

onlyoneme

Major Contributor
Sure. Attached.
Looks very similar to measurements made with other WiiMs:

1667693813964.png

morillon

Major Contributor
the main thing is that wiim solves the problem... for wiim owners...
and
side bit test rme...it is up to them to demonstrate that if a problem on the wiim side the test does not pass...(especially since someone here already points to the opposite and what is just a firmware bug which at first sight therefore concerns all wiim...)
and I don't care
don't live with an rme dac.. and can t use this test
(until proven otherwise, this test "has its limits"...
and don't shock me.
we learn every day...
the irony is that certainly the people at rme know it.. thanks to that they are quite good and progressing...)
;-)))

Last edited:

onlyoneme

Major Contributor
This is something bigger I think. RME test are widely recognized, some people are in doubt, some others are true believers. I would like to have a clear view on that, have a confidence on its usefulness and its limitations.

morillon

Major Contributor
donc il y a un simple cas d'enquête pour qui veut chez rme... ou les rme groupies
très facile à observer
;-)
c'est à eux de voir
meilleur...
leurs attitudes aux groupies , sèmant le doute , ont contribué à nous faire perdre beaucoup beaucoup de temps depuis le 23/10... (voir nous faire plutot passer pour des cretins)
alors... c'est leurs problèmes.. ou leurs chances d'avoir par miracle seulement que des wiim sans soucis

alléluia

ne me concerne plus

Last edited:

onlyoneme

Major Contributor
As I can read now RME bitperfect test is a sequence of short 100 ms bit tests. When a single bit test is passed, there is a "passed" message being shown for 2 sec.

Top Bottom