• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Vivid Audio Moya M1-World's first 8-woofer force -canceling speaker

MattHooper

Master Contributor
Forum Donor
View attachment 357677
Not sure I'm a fan of the design

Yeah, a model like that. Real big. I've heard Genesis on plenty of speakers but holy bejeezus did it slam, with a huge soundstage and open airy sound with tons of detail.
It was one of the more memorable sounds I've heard at a show. Which is one reason why I'd be intrigued to hear an even more ambitious Vivid speaker like the one in this thread.

EJ3

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
Kinda look like the engine outlets of the Nostromo in Alien. And they're even Moya than the Giya. And why are all these speaker makers insisting on naming everything either "M1", "M2" or "M3"? Could it be they are aspirationally naming them after the various "money supplies"? Cargo Cult behavior for sure.
Now you know that they wouldn't be so crass. They stole the M from BMW because they thought it stood for the Musical sound system that the engine is.

Last edited:
OP
Pearljam5000

Pearljam5000

Master Contributor
vivid-moya-m1-parts-exploded.jpg
vivid-moya-m1-parts-exploded-rear.jpg

EJ3

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
I’m sure they’ll sell it to you for less if you pay cash instead of credit.
While I live in a stand-alone house (the one at the moment is 1100 square feet, including the outdoor patio), even if I had the money (and could justify it in my mind as being useful used for those), I could not justify the space they take up (as, of course I would need one for each channel, at the least) and therefore would need to have a much larger home.
Since my wife & I are fine here (and here is paid for) and the only reason that I can think of that I would want a bigger home for: is to have a 4 car garage with 10 ft. ceilings (so that we are not cramped for space & can actually use the garage for 2 cars, a working on the cars/lawn gear & gardening equipment area, as well as the space to store those things).
So I guess I'll have to be gracious and let be more of these available for others to be the ones that enjoy having these these monstrosities.

Top Bottom