• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Vivid Audio Moya M1-World's first 8-woofer force -canceling speaker

OP
Pearljam5000

Pearljam5000

Master Contributor
Screenshot_20240315_042808_Adobe Acrobat.jpg
Screenshot_20240315_043037_Adobe Acrobat.jpg

kemmler3D

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
I know I'm in the minority but I kind of like the looks in a '90s-mod-scifi-villain way. Definitely a statement speaker. Not for everybody even if they can afford them.

When I used to oversee industrial design for speakers, I adhered to the point of view that a consumer product's design should not be merely acceptable to everyone - some people should love it, even if others hate it. I think Vivid is in the same school of thought.

thewas

Master Contributor
Forum Donor

SDC

I absolutely love the design...

But disappointing part is their force canceling no longer achieved by two woofers clamping each other.

1000004023.png

Not saying this is the better way. But this is more intuitively force canceling to me.

ValkyrieFalling

Falls under the "just because you can does not mean you should" mantra.

Another speaker that costs as much as a nice house. Know which I would choose, and it would not be as grotesque as this Moya. :)

EDIT: Just saw that its MSRP is US$465,000/pair

Have they announced the price? I have not seen a price listed anywhere so far…

Rick Sykora

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
Never would have guessed that those cute teletubby speakers grow up into this monster…

For the price, would expect something with major software to configure it for optimal performance. Considering its weight, it better have a motorized crawler to move it around!

MKR

Major Contributor
Never would have guessed that those cute teletubby speakers grow up into this monster…

For the price, would expect something with major software to configure it for optimal performance. Considering its weight, it better have a motorized crawler to move it around!
Ha! Indeed … and not sure if posted before, but they are 725 lbs EACH … going by the HEA criteria of weight = performance, maybe these are a good value after all :p

Last edited:
OP
Pearljam5000

Pearljam5000

Master Contributor
How many watts do you need to drive those 8 woofers ?

Purité Audio

Master Contributor
Industry Insider
Barrowmaster
Forum Donor

Purité Audio

Master Contributor
Industry Insider
Barrowmaster
Forum Donor
They almost certainly sound better than anything made by Wilson.

I think they look better, too.
Setting a low bar then.
Keith

Top Bottom