• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Truthear x Crinacle Zero:RED IEM Review

Rate this IEM:

• 1. Poor (headless panther)

Votes: 8 2.1%
  • 2. Not terrible (postman panther)

Votes: 13 3.3%
  • 3. Fine (happy panther)

Votes: 42 10.8%
  • 4. Great (golfing panther)

Votes: 326 83.8%

• Total voters

Jimbob54

Grand Contributor
Forum Donor
Which again is odd, they are rated at 17 ohms, the Dunu at 10. On paper the DUNU are less sensitive and will draw more current (at 1Khz anyway) at the same output voltage. I wondered if the tips made any difference, they didn't. A quick Google and it seems I'm not alone in finding this, though only a few reddit users.
Just check the filters over the nozzles havent slipped or there is some blockage. I had the Hexa and one side lots volume considerably. Be unclucky for both sides to go though but something definitely doesnt seem right either with your Shio or the Red or both!

Bernard23

Addicted to Fun and Learning
I think I have found the problem, though I don't have the tools to confirm this, but I suspect the impedance of the pair I have is way higher than their specs. When I plug them directly into the V50 it triggers the HIM setting, whereas the Dunu do not. The threshold for HIM on the V50 is 50 ohms.
Does anyone have any impedance measurement data?

The Shio is working the same with both the LG and the Samsung phone, so I don't think that's faulty (though I noticed it drained the ageing battery in the LG pretty rapidly)

Edit: I checked Amir's original test and can see the test results. Maybe the rising impedance at LF is what is triggering the V50 into high output?

It's all a bit moot as they're not going to work for me sadly, as they do sound very nice.

Also, in the box with the manual and spare grills I got this piece of card with folding instructions....
20231128_223704.jpg
20231129_121849.jpg

Nothing unusual about the grills so it's an obvious mechanical fault.

Last edited:

Aperiodic

Forum Donor
@crinacle I know answering this question may not be in your best interest but is there any particular eartips you would recommend as a replacement for people who lose the ones that come with this headphone?

I'm not the kind of person who likes to throw otherwise perfectly functioning IEMs in the trash.
This has probably been answered already, but just in case: my OEM tips loosened on the nozzles and started staying behind in my ear when I took the earphones out. This was annoying to say the least. I tried the Spinfit CP155 suggested somewhere in the thread and they solved that problem for me. It’s quite probable that something from comply would work if you want a memory foam tip. The spin fit data should give you the info you need to know About the barrel dimensions. This problem is the only way in which the zero Red betrayed its budget background.

Jimbob54

Grand Contributor
Forum Donor
This has probably been answered already, but just in case: my OEM tips loosened on the nozzles and started staying behind in my ear when I took the earphones out. This was annoying to say the least. I tried the Spinfit CP155 suggested somewhere in the thread and they solved that problem for me. It’s quite probable that something from comply would work if you want a memory foam tip. The spin fit data should give you the info you need to know About the barrel dimensions. This problem is the only way in which the zero Red betrayed its budget background.
It's been discussed on either the red or original zero thread. If I recall correctly putting stock tips in hot water shrinks them.

Fwiw I use spinfit 155 on mine and not lost one yet

respice finem

Major Contributor
Interestingly, my "original" tips are sitting firmly, on the blue and the red Zeros. Are different sorts being shipped?

mc.god

Wife got them for me for my birthday.. she had a few comments on the box…
Good for you you didn't ask for a SeeAudio Rinko...

TurtlePaul

Addicted to Fun and Learning
I've made a GIF comparison with the recently reviewed 7Hz Salnotes Zero IEM is here. Enjoy! :)
Technically your GIF is the Salnotes Zero vs. the Truthear Zero (Blue) not the subject of this review, the Zero (Red). The orginal Zero Blue have a harmon tuning while the Zero Red have the Crinacle tuning like the Salinotes.

mc.god

Technically your GIF is the Salnotes Zero vs. the Truthear Zero (Blue) not the subject of this review, the Zero (Red). The orginal Zero Blue have a harmon tuning while the Zero Red have the Crinacle tuning like the Salinotes.
He compared both TH Zero and Zero:RED with 7Hz Zero.

gatorengineer64

Forum Donor
Got my Crinnacle reds today, bought them as a Gym Set/biking/Travel Set so my Mests can stay home. I opened them up and tried them with the "large Bore" Stock Tips, and all I can say is OMG they were terrible, Tinny sound no base, so I did some Tip Rolling with these and put on a pair of Azla Xelastec Larges, and what a night and day difference. These sound great (and I am going to put in the for $50 bucks, caveat). They are nowhere near Andromedas, and even further from MEST Mark IIIs but are still a great value.

sweetchaos

Major Contributor
The Curator
Gif comparison with latest review of 7Hz x Crinacle Zero:2 IEM:

alter4

Dead folks, I would like to ask you. How does the sound differ from Hexa? Let me explain. I see everywhere only positive feedback about hexa but when my old acquaintance gave me them to listen I was shocked. Lifeless sound with recessed 7khz-9khz range. No air, no instruments separation, sound reminded me timbre of plastic headphones from my childhood. I own FiiO fh7 and the difference is really serious and not in favor of hexa. I would like to buy this thread red heroes but afraid the sound is the close to hexa..

Jimbob54

Grand Contributor
Forum Donor
Dead folks, I would like to ask you. How does the sound differ from Hexa? Let me explain. I see everywhere only positive feedback about hexa but when my old acquaintance gave me them to listen I was shocked. Lifeless sound with recessed 7khz-9khz range. No air, no instruments separation, sound reminded me timbre of plastic headphones from my childhood. I own FiiO fh7 and the difference is really serious and not in favor of hexa. I would like to buy this thread red heroes but afraid the sound is the close to hexa..
graph (1).png

alumnicesar

you'd be better off with the 7hz zero 1 or the truthear zero. But youre right, the hexa is very treble deficient in that range

alumnicesar

No, it doesn't. But, as with all IEMs, the sound depends on the choice of ear tips and insertion depth.
And the Fiio FH7 is garbage, but if someone uses them for a long time, they may get used to the strange sound. Sad but true :)
it's actually from 4k to 8k according to this: https://autoeq.app/ (switch to harman iem 2019)

Top Bottom