• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Topping PA5 Review (Amplifier)

Gartowl

I just buy some filtering products here's another picture
1000000301.jpg

Eldus

My PA5 had some noise in one channel. The metal cover between the jack and the wire on one of the TRS cables was loose. I screwed it back in all the way and the noise left.

JimFarrell29

I just buy some filtering products here's another pictureView attachment 366168
The fact the noise goes away when you turn the volume up suggests to me a mechanical issue with the volume pot. If you are comfortable opening the case ( unplugged of course) then spraying contact cleaner ( ideally Deoxit) into the workings of the volume pot, then turning the pot back and forwards 40-50 times might sort it out.
It's worked for me on many occasions, though more often with older pieces of equipment.
If I am talking nonsense I have no doubt other folks will be along to tell me, but it's a simple thing to try unless the PA5 is tricky to get into. I doubt AC contamination is your problem. It rarely is and there is no reason for it to effect one channel. As for EM interference, so long as your interconnects are shielded you should be OK.
Best of luck
Jim

Gartowl

Thank you all for your replies, all is good for me, i don't want to touch it anymore now it's working well. I only work with my ears i'm a professional musician, not an engineer hehe.

Top Bottom