• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Rugby World Cup 2023

vert

Forum Donor
One of my favorite sports to watch, although I don't watch it very often. Current French team is superlative, perhaps the best XV de France ever. Now for the title. Second favorites is Japan.

CapMan

Major Contributor
One of my favorite sports to watch, although I don't watch it very often. Current French team is superlative, perhaps the best XV de France ever. Now for the title. Second favorites is Japan.
They have such great balance of power, finesse, discipline and creativity - hard to beat, especially at home. Hoping they reach the final

pjug

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
Have some of you played at a high level? I was on my college club team in the 1980s, but this was pretty low class (low class in many ways, ha ha).

Nybto

Forum Donor
Super tough opener coming up for Scotland shortly :oops:. Springbok record win over ABs recently is ominous (if you are not a SA fan)

CapMan

Major Contributor
Have some of you played at a high level? I was on my college club team in the 1980s, but this was pretty low class (low class in many ways, ha ha).
Played all through school (at hooker), but never beyond that - it was safer that way !!

Blumlein 88

Grand Contributor
Forum Donor
I as a spectator much prefer union over league. I also think league rules are safer for the players. Not necessarily safe, but safer. It just isn't as interesting a game.

Blumlein 88

Grand Contributor
Forum Donor
For anyone not having Peacock, at least on weekend games, you can catch them on CNBC.

Kegemusha

Addicted to Fun and Learning
England vs Argentina will be a right battle. My money is on The Pumas.
Disaster performance by Pumas, the Australian coach (Michael Cheika) seemed clueless.
Horrible game by Pumas

South Africa too strong for Scotland.

CapMan

Major Contributor
A first weekend highlight for me was the entire stadium booing Macron during his speech. That must hurt!

JSmith

Master Contributor
I'll probably pay the ransom for Peacock.
There are some dodgy free streams around and I hear each game is up on torrents once completed... if such a direction tickles your fancy. Then again, I see Peacock is only $5.99 a month too.

JSmith

_thelaughingman

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
That Fiji Vs Wales game was an epic nail biter! Stuck to my couch the whole game and couldn't move.

Speedskater

Major Contributor
Don't watch much full team rugby, with equal teams all it is, is grabbing, pushing and penalties.
But, Rugby Sevens is interesting game.
Also saw what appeared to be Australian rules rugby, just a little bit better than full team.

Top Bottom