• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Rugby World Cup 2023

poxymoron

Any rugby fans on ASR? I'll be glued to this for the next few weeks. Cracking first match, France vs New Zealand. I'm backing the home team tonight, expecting a great match. And tournament.

OP
P

poxymoron

England vs Argentina will be a right battle. My money is on The Pumas.

Doodski

Grand Contributor
Forum Donor
I don't think rugby is broadcast on conventional means in Canada. There are leagues/teams in the bigger cities but I don't think it's very common here. Great game for those that like this sort of stuff though. I worked with rugby players and they where constantly injured and having abrasions, ear injuries and all sorts of bruises. Must be very tough to play that game.

dualazmak

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
Any rugby fans on ASR? I'll be glued to this for the next few weeks. Cracking first match, France vs New Zealand. I'm backing the home team tonight, expecting a great match. And tournament.

Yes, I am here, and hoping team Japan would be better than last time to go up to the tournament.;)

OP
P

poxymoron

I don't think rugby is broadcast on conventional means in Canada. There are leagues/teams in the bigger cities but I don't think it's very common here. Great game for those that like this sort of stuff though. I worked with rugby players and they where constantly injured and having abrasions, ear injuries and all sorts of bruises. Must be very tough to play that game.
It's a savage game to play. At this level it's like being in a car crash. Incredible athletes.

CapMan

Major Contributor
England vs Argentina will be a right battle. My money is on The Pumas.
Wishing all the teams and fans around the world a fantastic tournament. Happy to see a previously woeful England team beat Argentina with 14 men. Unexpected to be frank.

Have tickets for the final - very excited indeed :)

OP
P

poxymoron

Wishing all the teams and fans around the world a fantastic tournament. Happy to see a previously woeful England team beat Argentina with 14 men. Unexpected to be frank.

Have tickets for the final - very excited indeed :)
Final tickets, very nice. I didn't expect England to beat Argentina like that, played very well with 14 men.

JSmith

Master Contributor
Yeah... fan here. Kiwi's got slammed by France, England won their whole game on penalty kicks. Australia beat Georgia, but not a big test yet for them in their pool. Will be a good month and a few weeks of Rugby it seems. :)

RWC2023-Match-scedule.jpg

JSmith

VMAT4

Addicted to Fun and Learning
Forum Donor
I like watching rugby. Not well covered in the US unfortunately.
NBC is the exclusive broadcast partner for the Rugby World Cup in the United States. All games will stream live on its Peacock streaming service (starts at just $5.99 monthly)

Thought y'all might like to know that.

CapMan

Major Contributor
whole game on penalty kicks.
Three rather super drop goals too :)

England have been struggling to make tries for ages, and leaking them at the other end. Defence was better last night, but no sign of a try.

Thought both head incidents deserved a red, not sure why the fly half yellow wasn’t upgraded. That said, I do worry that most damage is done with many, many, smaller repeated blows during training and on match day than the more infrequent head on head hits.

Nybto

Forum Donor
Very interesting England performance, I wonder if the drop kicks will come out again, or was that just an economic option given the one man deficit?

dualazmak

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
I think I am sucked in to following this. Watching Japan-Chile this morning. With no North American side to toot for I am adopting Japan to root for. My daughter's roommate is Japanese so that is as good a reason as any.

Very nice to hear so! We, myself and my wife, too are watching Japan-Chile with relaxation; at present Japan 35 vs. 12 Chile!

Edit:
Finished and we relieved; Japan 42 vs. 12 Chile, and 4-try bonus point was given to Japan. Also nice no-side, we are very much respectful for the first World-Cup challenge of team Chile.

Next, Japan vs. England on September 18 Monday in Nice!;):D
Difficult challenge, but we are praying good luck for Japan.
Japan should be careful about really excellent drop goals of England team...

Last edited:
Top Bottom