• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

heart condition

OP
Andysu

Andysu

Major Contributor
cardiac intervention at royal bournemouth hospital waiting for friend pick me up

i could have videoed up close what i say on the screen with my heart rhythm , but didn't , it appeared to me look like it was okay ? i saw the one that was done last month while as inpatient , medical doctor , ( again i have mentioned this ) thou maybe in a short video i can explain

OP
Andysu

Andysu

Major Contributor
my own personal ECG and shows normal heart pulse rate , this was march 2023
shows a triangular wave form per sec per sec , that's how it should look , now but it's the complete opposite ,
jan 2024

play both videos at same time , can see the march 2023 pulse remains within 61 rate , compared with recently which is bit unstable or erratic

compared with few weeks ago at hospital while coming home feed my cats i grabbed my medical monitor ECG , the readings at present are still nowhere near , i can listen to sound without looking i know what it should sound like and when looking at the graph , if i wake up and test again and see nice triangular motion , i will be relived
march 2023

Last edited:

antcollinet

Master Contributor
Forum Donor
Just catching up on this. So sorry to hear of your illnesses, and echoing the general GWS vibe. Makes any disagreements we might have had on audio pale into triviality.

As a suggestion, and if finances allow: When the weather improves a bit, consider an E-bike. They are great for keeping people cycling when fitness might otherwise prevent it. You can set the level of support as needed then reduce it as your fitness improves.

And there is nothing like getting out in the fresh air with gentle exercise for mental well-being.

OP
Andysu

Andysu

Major Contributor
Just catching up on this. So sorry to hear of your illnesses, and echoing the general GWS vibe. Makes any disagreements we might have had on audio pale into triviality.

As a suggestion, and if finances allow: When the weather improves a bit, consider an E-bike. They are great for keeping people cycling when fitness might otherwise prevent it. You can set the level of support as needed then reduce it as your fitness improves.

And there is nothing like getting out in the fresh air with gentle exercise for mental well-being.
thank you ,
i have consider them but if i'm unable then i won't use the bike , i prefer to use the independence of my own legs , if i have day i'm unable then i don't go on the bike , if i can't get the strength back in my legs at +90% on the indoors bike and maintain more than 34mins , if i can do 1hr and speed increase more than 16mph and my pulse rate and graph reading on my ECG was back to normal , that is going to take some miracle to see a steady trinagual signal per second per secound , otherwise it's still showing signal spikes of erretic , even thou oxgegen shows 98 over 80 to 90 , often jumps at 130 150 then back down again to 90 pulse rate , normally my pulse rate should be when calm at around 75 to 85 , so i would give myself a sinad of 60% at present

Last edited:
OP
Andysu

Andysu

Major Contributor
OP
Andysu

Andysu

Major Contributor
exercise bike 3.45am , walking last night seemed less aching around upper muscle of legs than the weeks months now before around mid december to present now
still a bit wobbly on the legs maybe medication or combination mixture of few making me feel well or maybe its my body i have no idea ? i just play it by ear each day

20 mins on bike 69.1 cal , speed still around 16mph few short sprints then backed it down that was just for extra burn off the calories
had a top secret meal around home last night
took evening medication and went bed , 5 hrs and a bit sleep and then thinking , exercise at 3.45 in the morning ? why not

relax now get some rest till medication take it and then i will relax 4 hrs and get up see how i feel ? compared to past weeks felt lousy maybe side-effects around midday ? i came close to blacking out yesterday so got 5 hrs rest and felt so , so okay around 6pm

OP
Andysu

Andysu

Major Contributor
this episode shows around jan 16 2021 , this is some sort tummy issue of sort ongoing and i feel lousy

recent at hospital i mentioned to nurse i spoke to said sounds like , hernia issue of tummy still not been looked into with camera down throat

Soandso

I’m a USA geriatric cardiac patient and reading your thread I see you in the past received a stent and also now have what I’ll generalize as weakness. Here we have an outpatient intervention called “enhanced external counter pulsation” which clinically initiates the heart to actually make new extra blood vessels. That has been determined even more beneficial than a stent which is good just for keeping open some heart vessels you’ve got.

When you look it up it’s commonly promoted as an angina treatment. But it‘s end results include improving “shortness of breath” and I think your descriptions of impaired physical exertion might be indicating that is a factor. My surmise is that you have to stop activity, even though when resting your blood oxygen saturation is acceptable. You mentioned a lung issue that cleared up, so I presume you are not diagnosed with pulmonary hypertension that would make you weak.

Please be advised it is not recommended for those with peripheral artery disease, nor heart valve pathology. Maybe in UK (enhanced) external counter pulsation is not well known and that is why I’ve posted this here for the OP. I won’t go into it in more detail unless asked.

OP
Andysu

Andysu

Major Contributor
I’m a USA geriatric cardiac patient and reading your thread I see you in the past received a stent and also now have what I’ll generalize as weakness. Here we have an outpatient intervention called “enhanced external counter pulsation” which clinically initiates the heart to actually make new extra blood vessels. That has been determined even more beneficial than a stent which is good just for keeping open some heart vessels you’ve got.

When you look it up it’s commonly promoted as an angina treatment. But it‘s end results include improving “shortness of breath” and I think your descriptions of impaired physical exertion might be indicating that is a factor. My surmise is that you have to stop activity, even though when resting your blood oxygen saturation is acceptable. You mentioned a lung issue that cleared up, so I presume you are not diagnosed with pulmonary hypertension that would make you weak.

Please be advised it is not recommended for those with peripheral artery disease, nor heart valve pathology. Maybe in UK (enhanced) external counter pulsation is not well known and that is why I’ve posted this here for the OP. I won’t go into it in more detail unless asked.
thanks
doctor or NHS MD may agree on some of those points mentioned

yesterday felt so , so better at walking , of course i took it slowly but sort of had my normal walking rhythm back , well that's taken some 8 so weeks , i see how i feel later on just make sure , managed walk up stairs , the muscle area upper legs felt okay , but i shouldn't push it ,
EGC pulse graph still shows erratic spikes so not fully confident
often still get dizzy so something else is going on , anyway i'll pace myself slowly

OP
Andysu

Andysu

Major Contributor
ahead of schedule , sort feeling okay-ish and decided test ride just out for haircut and back as its still nippy cold , not tested pulse rate since back to check if okay
mostly downhill and maybe total cycle time 10 mins or there and back
took my cat Magic out as i said i take him first , he didn't mind it but sure he prefurred to stay indoors

i may think joining swimming pool and ordered the kit and may join soon as swimming will improve , but i still take it steady as did cycling didn't over do it ,
carrying Magic was a bit strain on the arm muscles , so maybe not +90% , sort felt 80% , walking improved and that's taken around 8 weeks

heading back and i had build up of sweat so few calories there about , i play it by ear see how i progress , thanks

Last edited:

antcollinet

Master Contributor
Forum Donor
ahead of schedule , sort feeling okay-ish and decided test ride just out for haircut and back as its still nippy cold , not tested pulse rate since back to check if okay
mostly downhill and maybe total cycle time 10 mins or there and back
took my cat Magic out as i said i take him first , he didn't mind it but sure he prefurred to stay indoors

i may think joining swimming pool and ordered the kit and may join soon as swimming will improve , but i still take it steady as did cycling didn't over do it ,
carrying Magic was a bit strain on the arm muscles , so maybe not +90% , sort felt 80% , walking improved and that's taken around 8 weeks

heading back and i had build up of sweat so few calories there about , i play it by ear see how i progress , thanks
Glad to hear you are experiencing an (albeit slow/steady) improvement.

DonR

Major Contributor
How are things going?

Here is a pussy-in-a-basket to brighten your day.

IMG_20240301_211607.jpg

Last edited:
OP
Andysu

Andysu

Major Contributor
How are things going?

Here is a pussy-in-a-basket to brighten your day.

View attachment 353663
i like a kitty cat
well , medication is going be ongoing i can't see myself coming off it any time soon as my heart body needs it ?
faint dizzy spells i still get most days , walking around it seems appears okay but after so many minutes start to feel , got to sit down
differences between standing walking vs sat on bike are different pressures on the legs and body , if maybe overdoing it on the bike i guess i could feel like , got to stop and get off the bike ? i doubt i manage 2hrs during spring , 9 hr or 10 hrs last year is most i been out for
i'm still furious with myself to allowing myself slip into this situation but , it's not possible to know ?
thanks

DonR

Major Contributor
i like a kitty cat
well , medication is going be ongoing i can't see myself coming off it any time soon as my heart body needs it ?
faint dizzy spells i still get most days , walking around it seems appears okay but after so many minutes start to feel , got to sit down
differences between standing walking vs sat on bike are different pressures on the legs and body , if maybe overdoing it on the bike i guess i could feel like , got to stop and get off the bike ? i doubt i manage 2hrs during spring , 9 hr or 10 hrs last year is most i been out for
i'm still furious with myself to allowing myself slip into this situation but , it's not possible to know ?
thanks
Slowly does it.

Since you say you slipped into this situation then perhaps you can slip out of it, will take time and commitment but God willing you will be able to achieve what you want. Be your own advocate, doctors are very busy especially nowadays and you may be able to find the best care for your specific circumstance by searching to find all options available to you. May God provide you all that you need, we all are vulnerable to letting ourselves go in this current online world, get outside and enjoy the beauty of all that surrounds us if you are able, sunshine is sometimes a potent medicine!

Top Bottom