• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Revel Salon 2 - $15 k 'last dance' sale

Ron Texas

Master Contributor
Forum Donor
So Revel is now not only closing out the Ultima2 series but also the Performa3 series (so says a post by a dealer on another forum), with no replacement series announced for either one.

That would leave the Concertas series and the PerformaBe series.

Concerning?
I wouldn't have the wake just yet. They may announce something later, or not.

tw 2022

Addicted to Fun and Learning
Their latest offering utilized a Klippel. I have seen mixed user subjective reviews on stand mounts with ribbon tweeters.
Their latest offering utilized a Klippel. I have seen mixed user subjective reviews on stand mounts with ribbon tweeters.
Take a closer look at ascend... What you missed is they have several klippel designs....I'd put the newer stuff up against revel *insert like priced model here* any day of the week that ends in "Y" ....purely subjective opinion of course....

Ron Texas

Master Contributor
Forum Donor
@tw 2022 I'd like to see one of the newer Ascend speakers reviewed around here.

Beave

Major Contributor
And Ascend has extensive Klippel measurements on their website for all (or nearly all?) of their models.

tktran303

Addicted to Fun and Learning
Forum Donor
I'd love to see a Revel soundbar. :cool:
Samsung already has one.

US$999 IIRC complete with wireless rear speakers AND subwoofer.

The TOTL model is the 11.1.4 Atmos equipped HW-Q990C, released in 2023.

@Kal Rubinson
Are you able to get early access to the Q990D of 2024, for a review for Stereophile?

Pearljam5000

Master Contributor
I wish Samsung will also buy Genelec and there will be a big sale on the Ones ;)

MKR

Major Contributor
@MKR I followed your speaker search thread journey with interest. OP, I don't put much weight into subjective reviews, but MKR has auditioned a lot of high end speakers. MKR, did you ever make a choice?
Glad you enjoyed that thread, was a lot of fun (well, except for right at the end there :facepalm:)

I am still on the quest! To be realistic, I expect a decision by end of this year. Waiting for a few things to materialize first, attend few more shows, etc

Pearljam5000

Master Contributor
Glad you enjoyed that thread, was a lot of fun (well, except for right at the end there :facepalm:)

I am still on the quest! To be realistic, I expect a decision by end of this year. Waiting for a few things to materialize first, attend few more shows, etc
Which speaker did you like the most so far ?

MKR

Major Contributor
Audiophile speakers apparently don't fit with Samsung's mass market strategy. Perhaps they will sell Revel, JBL or both. I'm not sure what you mean by "the decisions and product offerings". Perhaps you can elaborate.
Perhaps, that seems the most likely scenario, or just grab the IP they want and shut em down. And what I mean is the decision to discontinue the Ultima series, and really no new designs for months (years?)

MKR

Major Contributor
I wouldn't have the wake just yet. They may announce something later, or not.
I ain’t holding my breath … I was truly waiting for the Salon 3 based upon some rumors last year, not waiting any longer (at least not on Revel ;))

CleanSound

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
Few months ago, they were being cleared out for 12k. Brand spanking new, in factory sealed box.

MKR

Major Contributor
Which speaker did you like the most so far ?
Now THAT is a loaded question :p

That is part of the issue, I have enjoyed multiple aspects of multiple speakers, but not all in one speaker. The closest to my end game thus far are the Soundfields, but still keeping my options open. I am awaiting some big stuff from D&D (literally and figuratively) and will also be attending few more shows this year, starting with the Florida Audio Expo in February, then go from there. I am considering to revive my old end game thread starting with my observations from the Florida show, but we shall see (not sure I want to open myself up again to the trolls). If enough folks are interested, maybe.

Kal Rubinson

Master Contributor
Industry Insider
Forum Donor
Samsung already has one.

US$999 IIRC complete with wireless rear speakers AND subwoofer.

The TOTL model is the 11.1.4 Atmos equipped HW-Q990C, released in 2023.

@Kal Rubinson
Are you able to get early access to the Q990D of 2024, for a review for Stereophile?
Nope but I am not looking for a soundbar with a wireless subwoofer. ;)

Ron Texas

Master Contributor
Forum Donor
If you like the Revel sound, KEF is not the answer. The soundstage is so much narrower, they wouldn't work for me. I would go Ascend or Philharmonic at that point. Luckily I already own and enjoy my Performa3s.
I'm not shopping these days. My LS50's (non meta) and Rhythmic subs sound great. I'm just concerned one of the great alternatives may be going away.

Ron Texas

Master Contributor
Forum Donor
Perhaps, that seems the most likely scenario, or just grab the IP they want and shut em down. And what I mean is the decision to discontinue the Ultima series, and really no new designs for months (years?)
The company is worth more with IP licensed to it.

Reactions: MKR
Top Bottom