• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required as is 20 years of participation in forums (not all true). Come here to have fun, be ready to be teased and not take online life too seriously. We now measure and review equipment for free! Click here for details.

Revel PerformaBe F226Be Floorstanding Speaker Review

Emanuele74

Please don’t post that stuff in my review thread. It doesn’t help anything. I ask you to post that in its own thread.

Not trying to be a dick about it. But if you don’t like what they are doing, why share it and give them more views? Instead, share one of my videos. Like the one I did last night with a legitimate speaker designer where we talk about measurements and design goals. ;)

I' ve deleted the post, Erin.
You are right is out of topic.
Will open a dedicated topic on Youtuber :)

OP
hardisj

hardisj

Major Contributor
Reviewer
I' ve deleted the post, Erin.
You are right is out of topic.
Will open a dedicated topic on Youtuber :)

No worries.
Thanks for understanding.

edit: Feel free to start a thread with any of my YT videos, too. Makes more sense to spread something you dig than something you don’t agree with. :)

phoenixdogfan

Major Contributor
Just a very limited question regarding your subjective impression of the F 226be. Erin, did you find you liked the Revel's wider horizontal directivity more than other narrow directivity designs such as the Kef R3's and the D&D 8cs? If so, how much does that aspect weight your subjective preference for one speaker over the other?

richard12511

Major Contributor
Forum Donor

richard12511

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
The score with sub is actually higher than the score with sub for the F328Be and F228Be. Very nice.

Could also be that the F328Be measurement is higher resolution(which lowers the score).

nerdoldnerdith

Could also be that the F328Be measurement is higher resolution(which lowers the score).
That may be so. But just looking at the F226Be's measurements, they do appear to be smoother out at 90 degrees. I wonder if this has to do with the narrower baffle.

BrokenEnglishGuy

Addicted to Fun and Learning
?????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????
1628215071781.png

Sancus

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
That may be so. But just looking at the F226Be's measurements, they do appear to be smoother out at 90 degrees. I wonder if this has to do with the narrower baffle.

I'm too lazy to compare, but one should always check PIR slope with close speakers like this because wider dispersion = shallower slope which is penalized even though it shouldn't be.

But also, 1 point is pretty much the threshold of "yeah probably a meaningful difference." Under that the score is not very reliable.

nerdoldnerdith

F328Be:

Horizontal Directivity Normalized 48.png

F226Be:

Revel F226Be_Horizontal_FR_Normalized.png

You can see that the F328Be has problems around 1-3kHz likely arising from baffle diffraction. This isn't as pronounced with the F226Be, which has a narrower baffle. The F226Be just seems to be better controlled.

Top Bottom