• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

PrimaLuna Dialogue Three Preamp Review

Rate this amplifier:

• 1. Poor (headless panther)

Votes: 99 39.0%
  • 2. Not terrible (postman panther)

Votes: 105 41.3%
  • 3. Fine (happy panther)

Votes: 42 16.5%
  • 4. Great (golfing panther)

Votes: 8 3.1%

• Total voters

Sal1950

Grand Contributor
The Chicago Crusher
Forum Donor
I don’t trust Stereophile measurements, or any other rags since they have huge conflict of interest as they are paid by these manufacturers through advertising and receive hand selected units from these manufacturers!
I mostly agree but when it comes to his measurements John wouldn't dare fudge them to any degree.
They are way too easy to replicate by Amir or anyone else with the equipment to do so.
The last thing he would ever want would be to be made to look a fool in the science community.
He already comes close enough when a product measures like crap but he turns and gives the nod to the subjective
reviewer who claims it sounds glorious in spite of all it's issues.

Last edited:

Descartes

Major Contributor
Not I trust Stereophile measurements, they have huge conflict of interest as they are paid by these manufacturers through advertising and receive hand selected units from these manufacturers!

I mostly agree but when it comes to his measurements John wouldn't dare fudge them to any degree.
They are way too easy to replicate by Amir or anyone else with the equipment to do so.
The last thing he would ever want would be to be made to look a fool in the science community.
He already comes close enough when a product measures like crap but he turns gives the nod to the subjective
reviewer who claims it sounds glorious in spite of all it's issues.
Exactly my point how can you give a good recommandation when a product measures like crap!!

Sal1950

Grand Contributor
The Chicago Crusher
Forum Donor
Exactly my point how can you give a good recommandation when a product measures like crap!!
That's their whole position.
The measurements don't count. Sighted, uncontroled listening will tell the real story.
But John isn't about to start falsifying measurement results, he doesn't have to.

Top Bottom