• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Power management for best sound.

Status
Not open for further replies.
OP
O

Oukkidoukki

Addicted to Fun and Learning
By the way, why tv power cord are so short? Pain to hang to the wall. It cant be money thing to make it couple meters longer. Could it be that performance in the end is better with short one (even though what you say here)?

HarmonicTHD

Major Contributor
By the way, why tv power cord are so short? Pain to hang to the wall. It cant be money thing to make it couple meters longer. Could it be that performance in the end is better with short one (even though what you say here)?
Yes. Less costs for the manufacturer

OP
O

Oukkidoukki

Autotransformer? So you are thinking differently to these other fellows? What others think about autotransformer?

Killingbeans

Major Contributor
By the way, why tv power cord are so short?

It's a compromise. If you make it longer, people will start complaining about that instead.

Could it be that performance in the end is better with short one (even though what you say here)?

Lol no. Just stop it already. You're grasping at straws :D

Speedskater

Major Contributor
I didn't realize that ChatGPT was that dumb!!!
Two major engineering errors.
1] It's a series circuit from the big power company transformer down the street to the Plasma TV. The voltage drop in the extension cord part is trivial.
2] all Plasma TVs have a Switch Mode Power Supply (SMPS). One of the good features of a SMPS is, it doesn't much care what the AC line voltage is. If the voltage drops, it just draws more current. if the voltage rises it draws less current.

OP
O

Oukkidoukki

What about putting active speakers and dac to same extension cord? In my mind i get better sound when i plug those to different wall outlets. Could putting these to different extension cords do something?

OP
O

Oukkidoukki

I think you mi
IMG_1498.jpeg

OP
O

Oukkidoukki

Thanks for the feedback everyone. Consensus seems to be that extension cords are fine. I however hear something without. Silent moments are somehow more silent, feel of the voidness surrounds the instruments. Reverbs are more real and have depht. Plasma tv is more bright and accurate and performance is snappier. But it is all in my head I can see, so thats that then.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom