• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

New Kii Seven

firedog

Plastic works well in many use cases but it’s still plastic and I guess I’m just an anti-plasticite.
"Plastic" is essentially a meaningless term in this context. There are many kinds of plastic, from cheap and flimsy to expensive and extremely durable.
I've had speakers with very expensive hand worked wood cabinetry, The Kii cabinet is superior and less prone to wear and damage.

Pearljam5000

Master Contributor
"Plastic" is essentially a meaningless term in this context. There are many kinds of plastic, from cheap and flimsy to expensive and extremely durable.
I've had speakers with very expensive hand worked wood cabinetry, The Kii cabinet is superior and less prone to wear and damage.
And yet aluminum is superior to any plastic or wood

Purité Audio

Master Contributor
Industry Insider
Barrowmaster
Forum Donor
Isn’t aluminium the most abundant material, it’s cheap as chips.
( implementation PJ design and implementation trumps all)
Keith

Music1969

Major Contributor
Kii and Purifi are completely different companies that happen to have one of the shareholders in common. Why should the decisions at Kii be driven by the financial interest of this single shareholder?

Are you asking why should the decisions at Kii be influenced by the CTO at Kii ??

Surely not a serious question.

1695985833620.png

boXem

Major Contributor
Audio Company
Are you asking why should the decisions at Kii be influenced by the CTO at Kii ??

Surely not a serious question.

View attachment 315460
You are right, it's well known that in any modern company, the CTO takes all decisions by himself, especially the ones impacting financial results. It is also well known that engineers' job is to do everything they like and not fulfill any requirement, be it technical or financial. Thanks for bringing a bit of seriousness in the conversation.

Music1969

Major Contributor
You are right, it's well known that in any modern company, the CTO takes all decisions by himself, especially the ones impacting financial results. It is also well known that engineers' job is to do everything they like and not fulfill any requirement, be it technical or financial. Thanks for bringing a bit of seriousness in the conversation.
You are making a lot of assumptions there.

Surely you cannot know all this with 100% certainty.

Trouble Maker

Addicted to Fun and Learning
LS 50 wireless with an in cabinet KC 62 and cardoid bass for about the same price as LS 60.
I had just about the same thought when I saw the price this morning. LS50W size but LS60 price (and similar performance?). It's almost eerie how similar in size the LS50W and the Kii Seven is.

I currently have the LS50W and I see something like the LS60 or Kii Seven as a 'dream' step up... then I think I can probably add a sub or two, do some measurements/adjustments and get close to the performance for much less outlay.

Puddingbuks

Forum Donor
How does the cardiod work with side firing woofers? The LS60 could be also made cardioid?

Rather dissapointed by the price, 6.000 a pair would be much better.

Pearljam5000

Master Contributor
For what? Context is everything. Type of plastic is context. Your statement is a gross generalization and thus not accurate.
I'd never chose plastic over metal
I don't care how high quality the plastic is is
It will neve be as sturdy as beautiful and as special to the touch as metal.

OP
P

prestigetone

I believe it’s the same material that the kef blades are made of. It’s not plastic for the sake of it. It’s plastic so they can bend to that shape. I’m guessing metal would be too heavy. While I appreciate your enthusiasm for genelec you are extraordinarily biased.

Purité Audio

Master Contributor
Industry Insider
Barrowmaster
Forum Donor
Not buying any second hand metal speakers from you!
Keith

Pearljam5000

Master Contributor
I believe it’s the same material that the kef blades are made of. It’s not plastic for the sake of it. It’s plastic so they can bend to that shape. I’m guessing metal would be too heavy. While I appreciate your enthusiasm for genelec you are extraordinarily biased.
They're fiberglass if I'm not mistaken

Zvu

Somehow the tweeter looks different - looks like a metal dome with a phase shield to me , also elliptical WG ... could be wrong though.

WG is incorporated in trim around transducers and is probably custom.

I guess we will know what the tweeter looks like when Erin opens it :)

Top Bottom