• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

JBL HiQnet?

mjgraves

After (too) much consideration, I've ordered a pair of JBL 705P's. I was considering the larger 708P's, but found a offer on the smaller model too good to pass up. A couple of threads hearabouts have convinced me that the the smaller model is enough for my modest workspace.

That said, I am interesting in the HiQnet connections to these monitors. I was wondering if anyone here has used it? In particular, I was hoping it might be a more convenient way to dial in the user adjustable DSP settings.

They do offer the "Intonato" monitor contol scheme. This looks like an IP-based way to manage the monitors across a large facility. Definitely a high $ solution. I was hoping for a more approachable solution. Even API access.

Last edited:

dfuller

Major Contributor
Yes, I've used HiQNet. It's... kind of not great? But it does work.

JskG

I came across this. Looks like it might be further progressed than the code above. It handles TCP. I have not tried it yet. I’m looking for a way to add a physical volume knob to control a pair of I-Tech amps.

MAB

Major Contributor
After (too) much consideration, I've ordered a pair of JBL 705P's. I was considering the larger 708P's, but found a offer on the smaller model too good to pass up. A couple of threads hearabouts have convinced me that the the smaller model is enough for my modest workspace.

That said, I am interesting in the HiQnet connections to these monitors. I was wondering if anyone here has used it? In particular, I was hoping it might be a more convenient way to dial in the user adjustable DSP settings.

They do offer the "Intonato" monitor contol scheme. This looks like an IP-based way to manage the monitors across a large facility. Definitely a high $ solution. I was hoping for a more approachable solution. Even API access.
If you really want to play with DSP settings... the 708i and seems to be what you are looking for.
You could either use a Crown/Harman product and modify the filters, or even your own DSP crossover and filters plus amps.

OP
mjgraves

mjgraves

If you really want to play with DSP settings... the 708i and seems to be what you are looking for.
You could either use a Crown/Harman product and modify the filters, or even your own DSP crossover and filters plus amps.
That's one possibility. But the 708/705P both have HiQ Net connections and built-in DSP with user adjustable EQ & delays. They're controllable via the same Intonato monitor control system as the amps. It's reasonable to think that they should be remotely adjustable.

In a typical commercial installation, a facility with multiple control rooms, Intonato woud be controlling everything. With M2s driven by BSS & Crown in a bigger room, and a combination of 708P & 705P in smaller rooms.

Last edited:
Reactions: MAB
Top Bottom