• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Statement II vs Revel 328b

DocT

Hey there.

Seven years ago I built a pair of DIY speakers, Statement II's. They've served me well. Though being in my living room for HT and Music purposes, I was hoping to move to something a little less collosal, and a little more aesthetically integrative.

I found the Revel 328b, or 308 to be reasonable alternatives at a palatable price point.

Though, I do have concern that moving to them would not be much of an acoustic upgrade at their price point, granted how revered the Statements are.

Though this is unlikely, can anyone speak to the sound quality of both units compared.

I do have a large room. Owing to my living room, dining area, and kitchen being a single open living space.

moonlight rainbow dream

I don't know of any good quality 3rd party measurements of the Statement II, so this is all speculation:

- a draw in on-axis linearity and distortion
- revel will have superior directivity control; statement will have a bit wider dispersion
- different in-room character due to floor/ceiling interaction of different driver layouts
- statement will probably have much better bass extension.. revel towers tend to sacrifice deep bass extension for max output (in the case of the f328be the bass response tilts down quite dramatically)

Top Bottom