• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Most beautiful speakers in the world ?

YSC

Major Contributor
Talking about it, I find this photo really funny, what a weird combination :facepalm::D

View attachment 113144
:facepalm: the artist are normally weird ppl but those adv editor in the PR department is more weird to approve theses ideas...

back to the KEF one my first instinct was that the photographer is asked to take a nice one with the speaker, and he suddenly just wanted to have some naked beauty beside so he can watch more other than the final photo and play around with various "abandoned" options... ok, that's too evil a guess

MakeMineVinyl

Major Contributor
Talking about it, I find this photo really funny, what a weird combination :facepalm::D

View attachment 113144
Wow, I'm getting sexually aroused at the look of that sleek Ampex 351-3 tape machine.

Oh, and someone should check up on that chick on the floor who appears to be dead. :confused:

YSC

Major Contributor
I guess the bias you'd get from listening to them in a sighted review is to find them "Highly Transparent". LOL

I don't get it? Since when is a hot women tasteless? Have you tasted her?
Also why would you consider yourself less intelligent for appreciating a lady with fine form?
I'd call that good and tasty. :p
well, you know horses for courses? it seems to me that some hot women is not in the same use case/ scene with a nice speaker, you know... focusing on playing around with the speaker ignoring the nice hot lady would possibly piss her off and cause you trouble, while if you focus too much on the hot lady you likely will scratch or damage your mega dollar speaker or can't focus on the music:cool:

AlmaAtaKZ

:facepalm: the artist are normally weird ppl but those adv editor in the PR department is more weird to approve theses ideas...

back to the KEF one my first instinct was that the photographer is asked to take a nice one with the speaker, and he suddenly just wanted to have some naked beauty beside so he can watch more other than the final photo and play around with various "abandoned" options... ok, that's too evil a guess

Internet search for Kef Muon photos does bring up a few more photos from the same marketing set from the time when the Muon came out. They did seem to follow gender balance and inclusiveness guidelines even then - not all of the pics feature a nude black young model, some of the pics are with a grey-haired male dressed model and some are just the speakers.

OP
Pearljam5000

Pearljam5000

Master Contributor
Hi
One of my dreams would be to compare in same room a pair of these to a >$100,000 audiophile system ... blind...
My money is on the Genelec
They will blow away any audiophile system at the same price for sure:cool:
If i win the lottery they're my first purchase

Headphone Samurai

Attachments

• 8680ea9ba482d691c04f894aec914dc2.jpg
    8680ea9ba482d691c04f894aec914dc2.jpg
    271.5 KB · Views: 3,175

carewser

index.php

All I think of with these^ are:
His_Master%27s_Voice.jpg

index.php

Really? I've ever seen any Genelec speakers that I thought were attractive at all as Genelec seems to place function light years ahead of form unless you were being facetious.....

It it just me or is it a bit creepy following the Muon ad with the naked model and discussing how sex sells to then include a picture like this?
7730717f4848be0f2427fb544b03ee4c.jpg

Last edited:

Sal1950

Grand Contributor
The Chicago Crusher
Forum Donor
Really? I've ever seen any Genelec speakers that I thought were attractive at all as Genelec seems to place function light years ahead of form unless you were being facetious.....
Agree, their super fugly. But if I had the scratch for those big Genelec's, taking them to a good woodworker for a attractive veneer upgrade would be small change.

Sal1950

Grand Contributor
The Chicago Crusher
Forum Donor
OP
Pearljam5000

Pearljam5000

Master Contributor
index.php

All I think of with these^ are:
His_Master%27s_Voice.jpg

index.php

It it just me or is it a bit creepy following the Muon ad with the naked model and discussing how sex sells to then include a picture like this?
7730717f4848be0f2427fb544b03ee4c.jpg
Genelecs are beautiful because of their minimalist design.
I find them more beautiful than many other speakers.

MattHooper

Master Contributor
Forum Donor

View attachment 113144

Oh man, that's like some sort of psychological test for many an audiophile. It engenders two opposing feelings. "Wanting to make love" and "Wanting to throw her out for carelessly scratching the new Tannoys!"

Reminds me of those happless adds for vinyl records and turntables, with the beautiful girl listening to vinyl. But she's inevitably holding an open record, fingers on the grooves, and surrounded by unsheathed records scattered around the floor. Just a cringe-inducing image for vinyl junkies. Ads made by people who don't truly understand their audience ;-)

Top Bottom