• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Most beautiful speakers in the world ?

sergeauckland

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
Beauty is in the eye of the beholder. There is no way I would have a giant snail in my house. Maybe they belong on a Star Trek set, maybe they belong in a Cambrian museum. Maybe they belong in Captain Nemo's submarine. I would wear a one kg faux gold chain with a pepsi bottle cap for a medallion before I insulted my guests with such a monstrosity. This is even more vulgar than a dan dagastino amplifier. They take kitsch to a new level. They 'lift' vulgarity out of the gutter and deposit it firmly in the septic tank.

Don't beat about the bush, tell us what you really think!

S

Phayes

Introducing The most beautiful loudspeaker in the world - Waterfall Audio. Period.
The smallest model - Waterfall Iguascu Evo:
View attachment 94647
Glass enclosure, damping material in a short tube immediately behind the midbass driver.
Sounds good too.

Waterfall Victoria Evo:

View attachment 94649

Passive (auxiliary) radiator at the bottom of the pedestal (the same as in Iguascu):
View attachment 94648

Waterfall Niagara, with glass horn on a top:
View attachment 94650

And all three together:
View attachment 94652

carewser

I agree, those waterfalls are beauties but good luck buying a pair since Amazon doesn't have them and unlike (another high-end French speaker company) Focal, they don't appear to have any North American dealers or distributors so i'll just have to remember to grab a pair the next time i'm in Paris

OP
Pearljam5000

Pearljam5000

Master Contributor
I agree, those waterfalls are beauties but good luck buying a pair since Amazon doesn't have them and unlike (another high-end French speaker company) Focal, they don't appear to have any North American dealers or distributors so i'll just have to remember to grab a pair the next time i'm in Paris
You can try buying a pair of their pro monitors they're more available in the USA(I think)

Sal1950

Grand Contributor
The Chicago Crusher
Forum Donor
Beauty is in the eye of the beholder. There is no way I would have a giant snail in my house. Maybe they belong on a Star Trek set, maybe they belong in a Cambrian museum. Maybe they belong in Captain Nemo's submarine. I would wear a one kg faux gold chain with a pepsi bottle cap for a medallion before I insulted my guests with such a monstrosity. This is even more vulgar than a dan dagastino amplifier. They take kitsch to a new level. They 'lift' vulgarity out of the gutter and deposit it firmly in the septic tank.
I feel the same about the Vivid Giya's, OMG how tacky. LOL

egellings

Major Contributor
Do the most beautiful speakers sound the best? After all, that's what they're for.

MakeMineVinyl

Major Contributor

MattHooper

Master Contributor
Forum Donor

I listened to the Crystal Cable Arabesque Loudspeakers at my friends house a number of times, which are the same type of fully glass design (he had them in to review). We joked about all the ways one could exploit the tall, see-through glass cabinet: fill it with sand and a nice ant farm for entertainment? Fish tank? My favorite, given they cost a fortune and they are a show off device: A fan blowing dollar bills around. :)

To my surprise, given the gimmicky visuals, they were actually amazing speakers. One of my favorite I've heard!

MattHooper

Master Contributor
Forum Donor
How tasteless that ad.

Agreed. Nothing wrong with some booty, but the whole pitch makes me feel like I'm losing IQ points.

Reminds me of that Seinfeld bit about how women are used to sell things to guys. To paraphrase from memory, a guy opens up
a magazine and comes upon an add for a tool set. The reasoning goes "Hey, a tool set. And a beautiful woman by the tool set! I want that beautiful woman! And...she's next to the tool set. To get the beautiful woman, I need the tool set. I must get the tool set!"

Sal1950

Grand Contributor
The Chicago Crusher
Forum Donor
I listened to the Crystal Cable Arabesque Loudspeakers at my friends house a number of times, which are the same type of fully glass design
I guess the bias you'd get from listening to them in a sighted review is to find them "Highly Transparent". LOL

How tasteless that ad.
Agreed. Nothing wrong with some booty, but the whole pitch makes me feel like I'm losing IQ points.

I don't get it? Since when is a hot women tasteless? Have you tasted her?
Also why would you consider yourself less intelligent for appreciating a lady with fine form?
I'd call that good and tasty. :p

Last edited:

thewas

Master Contributor
Forum Donor
Top Bottom