• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Matrix Audio Mini-i Pro 3 Review (Streamer & DAC)

enricoclaudio

Major Contributor
Audio Company
i did... no answer yet. maybe you know how i can open this device?
Just wait for Matrix Audio to reply. Remember Matrix Audio is in China Mainland Time Zone.

VariousArtists

Hello , Is any way to connect iphone to mini pro3 with cable?
or
or
any other USB-C to Lightning OTG cable (very important: a common USB-C to lightning charging cable is unlikely to work, it must explicitly say it's an OTG cable, see https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/USB_On-The-Go)

Last edited:

wizardofoz

or
or
any other USB-C to Lightning OTG cable (very important: a common USB-C to lightning charging cable is unlikely to work, it must explicitly say it's an OTG cable, see https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/USB_On-The-Go)
That might just work, but iirc there is a big in iOS 16.4 that breaks external DAC’s on camera connection

enricoclaudio

Major Contributor
Audio Company
Look what is coming :)

IMG_9615.jpeg

Snoopy

Major Contributor
Nice :) let's see what chip they use and what else gets updated. If it's priced like the mini I 3 pro this could be In a really nice spot.

Dfdnd

The spec of mini pro 4 are out:
IMG_8575.jpeg

CPUQuad Cortex-A55 2.0GHz
D/A ChipES9039Q2M

It looks like the output impedance remains the same as mini pro 3. It would be a dealbreaker for me. Hope someone can provide a test unit soon to Amir.

enricoclaudio

Major Contributor
Audio Company
WOW.... Price is even cheaper than mini-i 3 Series:

Screenshot 2023-07-05 at 6.58.43 AM.png

Honestly, looking at all the features, I see no point on getting the element i2 over the mini-i Pro 4. I may even put for sale mi ARCAM ST60 and replace it with a MA mini-i Pro 4.

Snoopy

Major Contributor
The spec of mini pro 4

It looks like the output impedance remains the same as mini pro 3. It would be a dealbreaker for me. Hope someone can provide a test unit soon to Amir.

Doesn't matter with Planar headphones. 2.2 watt balanced is good as well. Should be enough with EQ even for a bit more demanding headphones.

Snoopy

Major Contributor
WOW.... Price is even cheaper than mini-i 3 Series:

View attachment 296973

Honestly, looking at all the features, I see no point on getting the element i2 over the mini-i Pro 4. I may even put for sale mi ARCAM ST60 and replace it with a MA mini-i Pro 4.
Has the mini I 4 no headphone amp or how did they get the price down to 649$?

enricoclaudio

Major Contributor
Audio Company
Has the mini I 4 no headphone amp or how did they get the price down to 649$?
Yes, no headphone amp which makes it the direct competition for the EverSolo DMP-A6 and $200 cheaper. You lose the EverSolo Digital Outs but you gain Analog RCA IN and HDMI ARC IN. I'm very excited with this new mini 4 Series. The heck is even cheaper than the NODE X....

Snoopy

Major Contributor
Yes, no headphone amp which makes it the direct competition for the EverSolo DMP-A6 and $200 cheaper. You lose the EverSolo Digital Outs but you gain Analog RCA IN and HDMI ARC IN. I'm very excited with this new mini 4 Series.
Nice. I'm not able to find a internet site for it. But sounds great. Perfect to go with a Headphone amp that I already own anyway.

Perfect timing:)

Incredible competitive price after the price increase of the element series.

enricoclaudio

Major Contributor
Audio Company
Nice. I'm not able to find a internet site for it. But sounds great. Perfect to go with a Headphone amp that I already own anyway.

Perfect timing:)

Incredible competitive price after the price increase of the element series.
If I didn't own the element i2 already, I would have go with the mini-i Pro 4 for sure.

enricoclaudio

Major Contributor
Audio Company
I'm opening a new thread to not derail this one.

Totimoshi

Hi everyone. This is my first post here as I couldn't find an easy way to find the answer to the question I have. I was wondering if you can recommend the best way to get tidal connect or Qobuz capability to Mini i3 Pro. I hate the fact that I have to turn on my computer where Roon is installed every time I want to stream music. Is there a good device on the market that I can just plug in to i3 Pro to add DLNA or Tidal Connect capabilities, besides Raspberry Pi?

Top Bottom