• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Eversolo DMP-A6 Streamer Review

Rate this streamer/DAC:

• 1. Poor (headless panther)

Votes: 7 1.4%
  • 2. Not terrible (postman panther)

Votes: 25 4.8%
  • 3. Fine (happy panther)

Votes: 144 27.9%
  • 4. Great (golfing panther)

Votes: 340 65.9%

• Total voters

thegeton

Addicted to Fun and Learning
Forum Donor
Apologies if this question has been answered already: does the DMP-A6 volume also control the digital outs?

thegeton

Addicted to Fun and Learning
Forum Donor
If you set the A6 to use both RCA+XLR the output is at RCA levels

Can this be changed? If not, can you set the RCA+XLR gains individually?

kacos

can you set the RCA+XLR gains individually
No - You can only change these settings:

1697126277920.png

1697126295087.png

Elephen

Forum Donor
At the moment, my Mac mini is running Audirvana Origin. The Mac is connected to a Benchmark DAC2 HGC, which is connected to a Marantz Cinema 70s AVR via RCA inputs. I do not stream Tidal or Qobuz, but those services are available if I upgrade to Audirvana Studio. What will I gain by interposing a streamer, such as the Eversolo, in my system? Thank you.

kacos

What will I gain by interposing a streamer, such as the Eversolo
If you connect the A6 to your Benchmark DAC2 HGC via one of its digital outputs . the A6 would function as a plain streamer/media player

Elephen

Forum Donor
If you connect the A6 to your Benchmark DAC2 HGC via one of its digital outputs . the A6 would function as a plain streamer/media player
What does a streamer give me that I don’t have now?

Elephen

Forum Donor
Except for the convenience & remote control feature, nothing.
Thanks. I have an inexpensive steamer that I hate and have put back in its box, but was able to connect the Mac to the streamer via Ethernet and relocate the DAC/headphone amp near my bed for late night listening. With the current set up, the Mac runs 24/7, the Benchmark DAC and Marantz AVR each have a remote control, and I control Audirvana using an app on my iPad.

JeyElDee

If you go back to the 1st post (the review) you'll see that RCA and XLR outputs have different voltage.
If you set the A6 to use both RCA+XLR the output is at RCA levels.
Of Course they do have different voltages, that is inherent to Balanced vs Single Ended. Though the voltage of XLR should not change when switching between XLR only and XLR+RCA. That proves the device is broken by design.

Last edited:

JeyElDee

Really? You have up to 4Tb internal m2 SSD + virtually unlimited USB storage . .
You can also use a NAS with features such as RAID 5/6 etc (which people caring about reliability, resiliency and redundancy do)
Please read carefully what I wrote : I do have a NAS. And I am not talking about adding an SSD for a local library, I am talking about the amount of memory available to install the apps and future updates that might be larger. These will not install on the SSD. The amount of "ROM", as they call it incorrectly, is not enough to be future-proof.

D

Deleted member 62535

Of Course they do have different voltages, that is inherent to Balanced vs Single Ended. Though the voltage of XLR should not change when switching between XLR only and XLR+RCA. That proves the device is broken by design.
XLR usually have higher voltage than RCA (typically doube)

kacos

Though the voltage of XLR should not change when switching between XLR only and XLR+RCA. That proves the device is broken by design.
If you read carefully what I wrote, I said output level ;)

FireFly88

So where is the newest update hiding? Nothing on EverSolo website about the newest 2. whatever update I believe mine is 1.80 but when I hit my button on updating it, it still says up to date on the screen.

lordhumungous

So where is the newest update hiding? Nothing on EverSolo website about the newest 2. whatever update I believe mine is 1.80 but when I hit my button on updating it, it still says up to date on the screen.
Mine did for awhile too . It’s a rolling update so you should get your notice soon

capdec

I got both the eversolo dmp-a6 and the matrix mini-i4. There’s no saying otherwise, the ever solo beats the matrix in terms of a streamer standpoint but it sounds lean and bright. On the other hand , the mini i4 sounds more full bodied. I’m a bit torn because I like the ever solo as a streamer but I like the sound of the mini i4…

lordhumungous

I got both the eversolo dmp-a6 and the matrix mini-i4. There’s no saying otherwise, the ever solo beats the matrix in terms of a streamer standpoint but it sounds lean and bright. On the other hand , the mini i4 sounds more full bodied. I’m a bit torn because I like the ever solo as a streamer but I like the sound of the mini i4…
I have the mini3 and no question to me the dac in Eversolo sounds better. Minii4 I have no idea , never heard it

Top Bottom