• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Eversolo DMP-A6 Streamer Review

Rate this streamer/DAC:

• 1. Poor (headless panther)

Votes: 7 1.4%
  • 2. Not terrible (postman panther)

Votes: 25 4.8%
  • 3. Fine (happy panther)

Votes: 144 27.9%
  • 4. Great (golfing panther)

Votes: 340 65.9%

• Total voters

Purité Audio

Master Contributor
Industry Insider
Barrowmaster
Forum Donor
I used the ‘internal player’ ( page 15 of the manual) and connected the Dac Z-8 to the lower of the DMPs USB ‘outs’ that worked fine, XLRs from the Z-8 to the XLRs of the 8Cs.
I connected some active KEKs via coax, I really need the next delivery and experiment, didn't Eversolo also recently update firmware?
Keith

pat355

I guess i am dense but i have no confidence i know what this means
* all digital input connections only support output audio by analogue output, not digital output’,
I asked this of eversolo but no response.
My take ...
Not including streaming, if you use any digital input (coax, optical or usb-c), they only will provide analog output. It cannot be passed through to digital out. The only digital out comes from streaming

I still dont know if you can use both analog out and digital out simultaneously and was wondering this too. I believe, through a few interpretations from zidoo thread responses, the answer is no, you cannot. But dont listen to me, wait for confirmation from someone with the device in hand (I wont have mine until July)
thank you, I have the same question but I'm only concerned about whether both digital and analog outputs can work simultaneously when using streaming, NOT using any of the inputs.
If you have get the answer, I'm really interested thanks :)

Ithaka

thank you, I have the same question but I'm only concerned about whether both digital and analog outputs can work simultaneously when using streaming, NOT using any of the inputs.
If you have get the answer, I'm really interested thanks :)
The app only allows the selection of one output at a time other than xlr/rca.

Ithaka

so if I understand correctly, I could use coax out AND analog out RCA at the same time, right?
No. The attached screenshot of the port selection options may help.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20230609_201010_EverSolo Controller.jpg
    Screenshot_20230609_201010_EverSolo Controller.jpg
    80.2 KB · Views: 241

PenguinMusic

Addicted to Fun and Learning
Hi,

The DMP-A6 should be here late June (about 22).
So couple more days to wait for it to maybe hit my door.

There are three things I would like to know.

If I am not misunderstood, there is an internal drive.
Does the drive come standard ?
If so, what is the standard storage for the included drive ?
If I want to change the drive to increase storage can it be done easily ?

If there is an internal drive or a USB drive attached to the DMP-A6 and I want to add albums/tracks to that drive, can I do that directly from the network over, say, FTP ?
Or will I need to fill my songs to USB Stick and copy those to the internal drive ?
If it can be done over network, is it decently fast ? My curent Cocktail Audio doesn't hit the 8MB/s speed even if it has 1Gbps port and has internal SSD !

I read the RCA output is rated at 2.6VRms and the XLR output is rated at 5.6VRms.
Amir even states taht the output is over 6V Rms I think...
Will I be able to use the RCA or XLR output as a headphone amplifier ?
I am asking because HP amp is THE feature missing at the moment...
Which makes me hesitate between DMP-A6 and Fiio R7.
R7 is a little less expensive AND has HP amp. But seems less feature full as the DMP-A6 is...
Of course I have HP amps (even 3 of them) but scope would be to have an all-in-one device that does it all even easily.
Even if I know there will be compromise at some point :)

If someone could answer those question, I'd be grateful.

Regards.

Sound_freq

If so, what is the standard storage for the included drive ?
If I want to change the drive to increase storage can it be done easily ?
Yes, it comes with 4GB standard to start, easy access door on the bottom of the unit to swap out M.2 NVMe SSD drives, max capacity 4TB. You may find the Zidoo/Eversolo forum on recommended SSD's helpful - http://forum.zidoo.tv/index.php?threads/recommended-ssd-drives.95672/

Last edited:

Gary4321

I have my DMP A6 connected via HDMI to my Marantz SR8015 and on the TV it’s a blue screen. Is there a way I can avoid this? Like to show what’s playing or even see a TV channel?

glc650

I have my DMP A6 connected via HDMI to my Marantz SR8015 and on the TV it’s a blue screen. Is there a way I can avoid this? Like to show what’s playing or even see a TV channel?
Just turn the TV off (or don't turn it on in the first place) or change the TV input to antenna or use one of the TV's apps. You may have to turn CEC off to prevent it from interfering (like automatically turning your TV on even though you just want to listen to music on the A6).

multisport4me

If the TV has Apple or Chromecast capability you could mirror the Eversolo app to the TV. I do that from an iPad and use Cast from the Eversolo app and it works great. Otherwise, just leave the TV off as previously suggested since the DMP-A6 HDMI output is strictly an audio output with no video capabiltities whatsoever.

Arcticpollen

The built in storage is not removable. The bay underneath the unit will take a standard NVMe SSD - there is fairly limited space in there so don’t expect to fit an SSD with a high profile heat sink on it.

Max supported size is 4TB and there are reports in the Eversolo forum that some users are finding it easier to format the new drive NTFS on a computer before installing it into the unit.

Arcticpollen

If there is an internal drive or a USB drive attached to the DMP-A6 and I want to add albums/tracks to that drive, can I do that directly from the network over, say, FTP ?
There is a built in web interface listening on a non-standard HTTP port number which gives an upload interface for transferring files. The DMP-A6 also makes itself available over the network via SMB. \\IP_ADDRESS\

Arcticpollen

I read the RCA output is rated at 2.6VRms and the XLR output is rated at 5.6VRms.
Amir even states taht the output is over 6V Rms I think...
I doubt it, it’s not designed for this purpose. There’s a thread over in the Eversolo forums about this. The XLR and RCA outputs on the DMP-A6 can now both be used at the same time. You would be better off using a separate head phone amp.

Arcticpollen

R7 is a little less expensive AND has HP amp.
The R7 caught my interest when it was released too. My DMP-A6 has replaced my Matrix Audio desktop DAC in my home office. Despite the MA having an excellent HP stage, if found I wasn’t using headphones while working from home so went for the DMP-A6 over the Fiio after seeing Amir’s review on here.

muslhead

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
The R7 caught my interest when it was released too. My DMP-A6 has replaced my Matrix Audio desktop DAC in my home office. Despite the MA having an excellent HP stage, if found I wasn’t using headphones while working from home so went for the DMP-A6 over the Fiio after seeing Amir’s review on here.
I expect, after receipt, my a6 will replace my matrix too. While it has nothing to do with performance or perceived and expected improvements, its because i believe i will be able to utilize the digital out and remove one box from my setup. I do know, there will be a step down when it comes to their app. I thought the matrix app was barely passable (and why i use jriver instead), the a6 is well below it.

Top Bottom