• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Eversolo DMP-A6 Streamer Review

Rate this streamer/DAC:

• 1. Poor (headless panther)

Votes: 7 1.4%
  • 2. Not terrible (postman panther)

Votes: 25 4.9%
  • 3. Fine (happy panther)

Votes: 144 28.0%
  • 4. Great (golfing panther)

Votes: 339 65.8%

• Total voters

knick

It’s not a CD - I am trying to connect an external hard drive to the A6
First, plug your HDD to the USB connection called USB 3.0 (OTG). Then, on the device screen, press Settings > General > USB-OTG port > External storage device. Now, the device should normally can read the HDD. Wait some time for the device to read all the HD structure. If you can't see the HD look at the HD format. I tried with a FAT32 HDD which could not be recognized. I reformatted it in NTFS, and it worked fine (though after the 3rd attempt). If NTFS doesn't work, try EXFAT. Needless to say, that you must have the latest firmware installed (1.1.16). My external HD was a 2 TB one, I don't know up to what capacity the device can read.

Frosch2065

Where can I set playlists to stop playing after the last title? Yet it is repeating every list forever. Can't find anything in the manual.

muslhead

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
Where can I set playlists to stop playing after the last title? Yet it is repeating every list forever. Can't find anything in the manual.
what playlist are you playing? One you made from the app or are you using one you created for local files (such as m3u format)? Go check the eversolo forum and you can see there are a number of complaints regarding playlists. The biggest is the the opposite of yours which is playing stops after a few songs and the remainder are ignored.
I dont have the answer to your question but would recommend you post this over at the zidoo eversolo forum if you havent already. My guess is it is a bug in their software. I had the same issue with the neo s and it took a firmware revision.
I am continuing my preaching that that owners need to understand, it is a far cry from being ready for primetime. All the features are not in place, nor have the bugs been removed. You would do others a big service by insuring you post your questions at the forum so that in case it is a new desired feature or a bug, they will be notified and can start working towards a fix. The good news is they are very responsible and reasonably fast in their fixes.

Hattrick

I am considering this unit streamer. My question is the DAC performance in comparison to my internal DAC in my Arcam AVR850? I found a great streamer from WiiM Pro which has a great app. Thoughts on the DAC per internal AVR DACS like my AVR 850.

Purité Audio

Master Contributor
Industry Insider
Barrowmaster
Forum Donor
I am considering this unit streamer. My question is the DAC performance in comparison to my internal DAC in my Arcam AVR850? I found a great streamer from WiiM Pro which has a great app. Thoughts on the DAC per internal AVR DACS like my AVR 850.
Well;-

Keith

I was a Tidal subscriber for a year, I bought the Rose RS 250 which does MQA like Eversolo, I managed the "unfoldings" from Roon, since my main amp is not MQA, not practical, I uses Qobuz, Tidal was a try.
Paying extra for lossy audio is window licking 'special'. Props to Tidal for managing to fill so many buses though.

glc650

Anyone figure out how to get the screen to turn on/wake automatically when playback in Roon is started (and stay on during playback for that matter)?

Last edited:

mirror88

Audio Company
Forum Donor
You should be able to find a repeat button in playback interface, change it to "list play"

mirror88

Audio Company
Forum Donor
Yes, I got it. Thanks. My problem seems to be an incompatible external cd drive. I have ordered the recommended gp70n model of Lenovo. Will update.
We also bought the same model for testing :)

Werther44210

Hi,

The main thing about Bluesound is the disastrous software.
Everybody rants and raves about it saying it is the best software they ever used.
I assume reviewers stating this only tested manufacturer released software and not "third party" software.

Just to mention the ridiculous things about Bluesound software/hardware : it is not DLNA/UPnP aware so you have to enter the IP address of your NAS manually.
I can do that as I am skilled enough (OK, it basic requirements) but people that have no clue (i.e. my brother in law) won't be able to use it on it's own !

And what ? A software that reindexes the whole library each time you add a new track or album, taking sometimes up to minutes to do so ?
Come on, no one does that... Emby, BubbleUPnP and Symfonium (to name a few that are FREE)) are doing some incremental indexation...

Then : no way to sort albums by "Album Artist".
Only by "Artist".
Fine...
What about people like me who own 35 versions of Beethoven's Piano concertos and would like ot have them all uner "Beethoven" and not uner "Conductor/Soloist" ?

Should I mention that albums are sorted alphabetically and no way to sort them by date ?
Sure... Who wants taht anyways. Let's skip it...

All those things are ridiculous... My Bluesound has sit in my rig for exactly 12 hours and 30 minutes before it went to ad site...

All in all, given the poor hardware and the poor software, I think the device should not be sold for more than 250€...

But comparing it to the Eversolo is, I think, comparing a device that offers nice value for money to a totally overpriced and overrated device.
Hi,
Indeed, the Node two years ago was well positioned in terms of price, Eversolo did not exist, it made it possible to have a reader not too expensive to connect to an amplifier equipped with a good
DAC, used with Roon, the appication I used little. Going back to Eversolo DMP A6, it can compare to an old Rose RS 250 with the same 9038 K2M DAC at a really amazing price, quite a lot of people share that with me, so much so that in France some only sell the Master version, only one seller, mine, offers the cheapest, it is in the showroom listening with very good amps, I think it will sell very well...

Purité Audio

Master Contributor
Industry Insider
Barrowmaster
Forum Donor
Many audiophiles won’t consider a product that is too ‘cheap’, or too ‘light’, I have recounted here before the ‘Trinty’ phono stage/amplifier story, excellent measurements initially released in a perfectly smart case, but the far eastern audiophile distributor stated that the units were too light and two cheap, weeks later same electronic boards in a. similar form case but ‘milled from solid’ and a three fold price increase, there are many more examples.
Keith

Werther44210

Many audiophiles won’t consider a product that is too ‘cheap’, or too ‘light’, I have recounted here before the ‘Trinty’ phono stage/amplifier story, excellent measurements initially released in a perfectly smart case, but the far eastern audiophile distributor stated that the units were too light and two cheap, weeks later same electronic boards in a. similar form case but ‘milled from solid’ and a three fold price increase, there are many more examples.
Keith
Hi Keith,
I share your analysis, the people who listened to the DMP A6 did not think they had such a good result, the store where I buy my equipment, does all the price ranges, they told me surprising streamer, underlines the quality report great price, compared to the streaming part of the Yamaha RN 2000 A and the same with the DMP, his listening impression: "I didn't particularly notice a big difference but when we listen to the Yamaha we have a very nice soundstage ", dynamism, a lot of subtlety. After our amp still needs breaking in. That said, like the Eversolo with the double chip, I find the sound reproduction, clear and detailed" I think they will sell a lot of people who didn't have the money to put 3000 euros in a streamer.

nawfal07

Update from the EverSolo team, DMP-A6 will be in stock on Amazon tomorrow. It might not last long.

Link: https://a.co/d/9hAGfys

Top Bottom