• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Eversolo DMP-A6 Streamer Review

Rate this streamer/DAC:

• 1. Poor (headless panther)

Votes: 7 1.4%
  • 2. Not terrible (postman panther)

Votes: 24 4.6%
  • 3. Fine (happy panther)

Votes: 145 28.0%
  • 4. Great (golfing panther)

Votes: 342 66.0%

• Total voters

enricoclaudio

Major Contributor
Audio Company
Question for fellow Roon users: shouldn't I expect to see cover art/info when the A6 is connected via USB to my Roon Rock server?

I just tested with my MA X-SABRE 3 and MA element i2 and when connected via USB to my Mac Studio which is one of my Roon Remotes, and there is no album art cover showing up, only sample rate and file type. This is a normal behavior with Room and USB input on streamers. However, I do get album cover if I setup my office's Pi Display running Ropieee as Roon Zone Display for any of my MA streamers when feeding them over USB input.

IMG_9028.jpeg

multisport4me

I just tested with my MA X-SABRE 3 and MA element i2 and when connected via USB to my Mac Studio which is one of my Roon Remotes, and there is no album art cover showing up, only sample rate and file type. This is a normal behavior with Room and USB input on streamers. However, I do get album cover if I setup my office's Pi Display running Ropieee as Roon Zone Display for any of my MA streamers when feeding them over USB input.

Interesting. Thanks for verifying. I'm curious to know why Roon couldn't provide the metadata over USB....but happy to hear its not the DMP-A6.

stevef22

Hi, is the metal badge in your picture black? Looks like all the ones for sale have a silver badge. I like the black..... or is it just the picture angle? Thank you

StandardModel

Forum Donor
StandardModel said:
I have a Cambridge CXN-2. CXN- 2 uses StreamMagic which is a poor service in terms of ease of use and the UI although it can access about 30,000 music URL's. I primarily listen to online music stations. I've tried to determine if among the "plugins" available for the Eversolo DMP-6/8 is one for searching for and playing on line music stations like StreamMagic. As far as I can tell, Eversolo only allows TuneIn which is very limited. Can I add a plugin which would do what StreamMagic does and if so which one(s) can be added? Can I search URL's and add them to my own Music library on the Eversolo?
If the Eversolo can't do this I'm looking at the HiFi Rose R250A which although more expensive, looks like it can do what I need. Any better suggestions?

TIA.

PS: I think I've discovered that Eversolo has made Internet radio available through Airable as of May 15th so its prior limitation to TuneIn will be removed.

ZIDOO AND AIRABLE​

airable enabled on Zidoo product lineup​

Zidoo Technology releases a lineup of new HiFi products with improved streaming capabilities. A bouquet of premium music streaming services and internet radio is available on Zidoo HiFi units like NEO S, NEO X, NEO Alpha, and EverSolo DMP series. Their premium audio capabilities complement the lossless content available through TIDAL, Qobuz and HIGHRESAUDIO. These are natively implemented through the airable API along with the airable internet radio catalogue.

Last edited:

StandardModel

Forum Donor
I probably will take that advice and go with the Hi Fi Rose.
Can you tell me what I can expect will be the biggest improvement by stepping up to the Hi Fi Rose?
i haven't heard either one.

multisport4me

I probably will take that advice and go with the Hi Fi Rose.
Can you tell me what I can expect will be the biggest improvement by stepping up to the Hi Fi Rose?
i haven't heard either one.
I've never heard one. But if it does what you want it to do, then it seems to be the logical choice. The biggest complaint I've heard about the HiFi Rose is the price - to which, I agree - I wouldn't spend that kind of money on a streamer. But if you have the cash to splash, then have at it - indulgence is not new to HiFi.

Charlyro222

Hi all:
Does anybody already upload an apk to a6 for https audio stream ?

I am a Cinemix subscriber and on mobile devices the only way for listening at 256kbps is using VIP URL.

Now I am listening with RadioDroid stock app, but at 128kbps

1685384984874.png

Thank's in advance.

Dan31620

I have the same hesitation with the Hifi Rose rs250a.
I ordered a DMP-A6 master edition. I should have it in 2 weeks.
I did not find any comparaison on YT or somewhere...

Ctrl-N

I run into an issue when I tried to stream Qobuz output to USB DAC. The maximum streaming quality that DMP-A6 play is 96kHz/24bit, even the maximum quality of the song is 192kHz/24bit. When I play the same song through Qobuz app in DMP-A6, it plays at 192kHz/24bit. Did I set something wrong? I tested with Norah Jones - Don‘t Know Why (192kHz/24bit)

mirror88

Audio Company
Forum Donor
I run into an issue when I tried to stream Qobuz output to USB DAC. The maximum streaming quality that DMP-A6 play is 96kHz/24bit, even the maximum quality of the song is 192kHz/24bit. When I play the same song through Qobuz app in DMP-A6, it plays at 192kHz/24bit. Did I set something wrong? I tested with Norah Jones - Don‘t Know Why (192kHz/24bit)
Solved in v1.1.50

pva1969

Sorry, It's a firmware issue. will solve it in next version. Maybe within this week.
Does the Volume Passthrough setting also apply for digital out (e.g USB) I want to maximize Volume out from the Eversolo as I will be using a external DAC with Volume Control in that DAC

Werther44210

I have had an RS 250 Rose for a year, old model, DAC 9038 K2M, I think EVERSOLO is close on the sound part with DAC use, streamer no audible difference. Otherwise Rose offers more video and a bigger screen, very good on radios. Both apps are equivalent from what I see, same issues with Apple reported. I use with Roon, good. Perhaps, difference with sound signature because Rose is both neutral and fluid, rather soft, not too analytical, it aims for ease of listening and versatility on the styles of music listened to, bass not too accentuated (more bass on the 150 the high end). Yes very dear, last year the only offer with these features and beautiful sound, even more so now because the new Rose is equipped with the 9038 pro DAC, has better analog signal processing in the device. Today, EVERSOLO is a serious alternative if you don't need the video and save a lot of money. Chinese manufacturers are disruptors, offer almost the same thing with a few much cheaper concessions….

mirror88

Audio Company
Forum Donor
You can directly use the Deezer app on DMP-A6

deezer1.jpg
deezer.jpg

Reactions: ENG

mirror88

Audio Company
Forum Donor
Does the Volume Passthrough setting also apply for digital out (e.g USB) I want to maximize Volume out from the Eversolo as I will be using a external DAC with Volume Control in that DAC
Yes.

Top Bottom