• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Eversolo DMP-A6 Streamer Review

Rate this streamer/DAC:

• 1. Poor (headless panther)

Votes: 7 1.4%
  • 2. Not terrible (postman panther)

Votes: 25 4.9%
  • 3. Fine (happy panther)

Votes: 144 28.0%
  • 4. Great (golfing panther)

Votes: 339 65.8%

• Total voters

multisport4me

Okay, someone suggested adding a spectrum analyzer to the DMP-A6 ala the latest Topping D70 Pro. I did a quick search of the Google Store and I found this. @mirror88 can this be loaded up as an app on the DMP-A6? https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.bti.sAnalyzer&hl=en_US&gl=US

UPDATE: I was able to install it but it doesn't do anything. It occured to me after I deinstalled it that Eversolo bypasses the standard Android audio driver(s) so perhaps if I disable the EOS audio engine it will work. But obviously this means Eversolo would need to implement their own spectrum analyzer or get a company like this one to build support for EOS into their APK. Good enough as a proof of concept though if I can get it to work with the standard Android audio engine.

1685233583650.png

Last edited:

multisport4me

Possible bug: When using the HDMI output of the A6 and Roon I notice that if I queue a song or sometimes even just attempt to play another song in a list, it appears the HDMI output loses sync with my AV10 when that next song starts to play. Specifically, I see the song playing in Roon, but hear no audio. This does not happen when using the HDMI output of my Roon Rock server nor does it occur when using XLR analog outputs of the A6. So I've confirmed the issue is related to the HDMI output of the A6.

nawfal07

Hi everyone, need some help. Anyone with the DMP-A6, would you be so kind and take a screenshot/photo of the entire display showing the album cover, track details, etc when playing a song on Apple Music?

Cheers.

Sound_freq

Hi everyone, need some help. Anyone with the DMP-A6, would you be so kind and take a screenshot/photo of the entire display showing the album cover, track details, etc when playing a song on Apple Music?

Cheers.
The Eversolo demo video shows the screen while interacting with the Apple Music app beginning at around 7:51 into the video -

multisport4me

Did someone say VU does not work with DSD playback? And if so, is it firmware fixable? Foobar has an output setting, DSD+PCM, which is essentially two streams, one (DSD) for the audio stream and the PCM stream for the visuals.

I don't really use the VU meters but when I've tried them they seem to work fine with DSD.

Reactions: GPJ

nawfal07

The Eversolo demo video shows the screen while interacting with the Apple Music app beginning at around 7:51 into the video -

Thank you so much! Looks like it can’t display the playing song full screen, you see the app interface most of the window. Doesn’f look nice.

I can display the playing song full screen in my Apple TV 4K, perhaps different version.

Sound_freq

Thank you so much! Looks like it can’t display the playing song full screen, you see the app interface most of the window. Doesn’f look nice.

I can display the playing song full screen in my Apple TV 4K, perhaps different version.
Yes, it's been mentioned before in this thread. Apple has yet to allow built in streamer integration of Apple Music aside from use of Airplay to stream it wirelessly from the app on a device. It appears that Eversolo have attempted a work around this with integration of the Apple Music Android app from Google Play in their android based OS.

Here's a link to the earlier discussion -

Last edited:

Purité Audio

Master Contributor
Industry Insider
Barrowmaster
Forum Donor
I have never understood how one can become emotionally attached to electronic components, I would buy the streamer that fulfils your needs, has the features you require because as long as they send a bit perfect output ( through the same dac) they are going to sound identical.
Keith

Last edited:

multisport4me

Okay, someone suggested adding a spectrum analyzer to the DMP-A6 ala the latest Topping D70 Pro. I did a quick search of the Google Store and I found this. @mirror88 can this be loaded up as an app on the DMP-A6? https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.bti.sAnalyzer&hl=en_US&gl=US

UPDATE: I was able to install it but it doesn't do anything. It occured to me after I deinstalled it that Eversolo bypasses the standard Android audio driver(s) so perhaps if I disable the EOS audio engine it will work. But obviously this means Eversolo would need to implement their own spectrum analyzer or get a company like this one to build support for EOS into their APK. Good enough as a proof of concept though if I can get it to work with the standard Android audio engine.

View attachment 288677

UPDATE 2: I tried disabling EOS and the bars moved....once, then froze. It was a worth a shot.

AdamG

Helping stretch the audiophile budget…
Forum Donor
This is an Official Review Thread. Stay on topic and leave your personal bickering problems out of this thread. Any further off topic posts will be deleted and your account will have privileges revoked. A bunch of off topic posts deleted.

Please and thank you.

Last edited:

multisport4me

Question for fellow Roon users: shouldn't I expect to see cover art/info when the A6 is connected via USB to my Roon Rock server?

Charlyro222

I noticed improvement in sound when using z8, wider soundstage and better dynamics, a more mature presentation in one word.

Both screens look stunning

Cheers.

eversolo.jpg

AdamG

Helping stretch the audiophile budget…
Forum Donor
Sadly a troll, or so it seems.
A new member who is not aware of the ASR Science First Culture. Let’s give the New members a little wiggle room to grow and learn. Be more patient and gracious with them and give them a chance to adapt to the Science and Engineering environment. They have taken the first step by joining our forum. Benefit of the doubt since they only joined a few hours ago.

Top Bottom